Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 248. (Read 523463 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Can anyone else volunteer as a node for the first post? You need to have the client running 24/7, lots of bandwidth. Ideally a server.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
aka 7Strykes
try out http://dgc.scryptmining.com if you'd like.  Stratum PPLNS pool.  Pool has paid out 18,195+ DGC and counting.    If you decide to, let me know how things go, feedback always welcome.

By the way, I will generate vanity DGC addresses! Basically a custom DGC address with whatever you want after the initial 'D' starting each address. I will use split-key generation for a secure method of generating an address without me having the private key. Message me for details.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
try out http://dgc.scryptmining.com if you'd like.  Stratum PPLNS pool.  Pool has paid out 18,195+ DGC and counting.    If you decide to, let me know how things go, feedback always welcome.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
With a low rate I would suggest going to one of the other PPLNS pools on page one instead of P2P.

Post your DGC wallet address and i'll send you 5 coins to help soften the blow.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
Ok so I'm still having the same issue with the various P2Pools in here. I could use some help diagnosing this since I'd like to stick to one of those pos for now until the difficulty increases.

I have a 6850. I've set up cgminer (latest build) to connect. I have the proper address, I have played with different difficulty settings (+xxx after the username). I've used -s 1 --queue 0. I've even forwarded the port to my PC just in case.

I always get a whole bunch of accepted shares, it's obviously "working", and I even have my address listed on the static page sometimes, but eventually it fails. I will still be handing in accepted shares, but I never see anything for it. Today I made sure it was running on Fenican's pool. I saw my address in the list etc, then 5 mins after leaving for work, it stopped paying out. I was getting accepted shares all day but no payouts for 10 hours.  

This is such a disappointment for me. I don't have the world's greatest hashing power so I was really hoping to get in on the ground floor with this guy, but the fates are against me it seems.

So that said, what could I be doing wrong?  Any advice is appreciated.
legendary
If they are on the wrong chain, yes.

I've been running 4 PCs on 4 different IP's 24/7, it happened once on 1. It will only get more rare.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
Aren't checkpoints a form of limitation? Tongue

I presume if a client is on the wrong blockchain then any solo mining will be a wasted effort?
legendary
Yes, they will be in the next commit. It's not a major issue though.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
Yesterday it was 345272 blocks, now my client is on a chain that has an estimated 265807 blocks. The former count could be LTC, but I'm not sure what the latter is.

Are these DGC forks (hard to believe one could be 300k+ blocks ahead of everyone else) or is my client randomly latching onto the chains of other currencies?? I've never seen this happen with any other -qt clients.

There's no forks, you're on another network. it happens when you're one of the early adopters. Troubleshooting guide on first post will solve it.

I'm still trying to fathom how a DGC client can end up somewhere else. There's no unique signature in the blockchain that says "this is DGC"?

It can happen if you are connected to a node that is on a different blockchain. A simple restart will usually fix it, the Troubleshooting guide should for sure.

Yes, you keep saying that, but I'll put it to you again: why is there no unique signature that prevents this happening in the first place? DGC client connects to peer who announces it has a blockchain for XYZ, client detects mismatch so disconnects and removes peer from list. Why isn't this happening?

The client will communicate with anyone that follows the protocol, it is an open network.

The network is kept in check through consensus not limitations.

That also is not a problem once there are more central nodes.

If the checkpoints are updated on the git repository, such an issue will not happened anymore.
legendary
I am looking for pool servers and constantly running client IPs to add as nodes in the main post. If you are setup to do so, PM me.
legendary
Yesterday it was 345272 blocks, now my client is on a chain that has an estimated 265807 blocks. The former count could be LTC, but I'm not sure what the latter is.

Are these DGC forks (hard to believe one could be 300k+ blocks ahead of everyone else) or is my client randomly latching onto the chains of other currencies?? I've never seen this happen with any other -qt clients.

There's no forks, you're on another network. it happens when you're one of the early adopters. Troubleshooting guide on first post will solve it.

I'm still trying to fathom how a DGC client can end up somewhere else. There's no unique signature in the blockchain that says "this is DGC"?

It can happen if you are connected to a node that is on a different blockchain. A simple restart will usually fix it, the Troubleshooting guide should for sure.

Yes, you keep saying that, but I'll put it to you again: why is there no unique signature that prevents this happening in the first place? DGC client connects to peer who announces it has a blockchain for XYZ, client detects mismatch so disconnects and removes peer from list. Why isn't this happening?

The client will communicate with anyone that follows the protocol, it is an open network.

The network is kept in check through consensus not limitations.

That also is not a problem once there are more central nodes.
legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary

legendary
I'd be willing to create a pool for this currency. Have a world class datacenter with low latency/hops, Gb HSRP internet connectivity, redundant load balancers and switches. HP DL360 servers.

Since DGC is currently small and I am inexperienced in running a pool it would of course have no fees.

Can someone send me any links to running a solid push pool? From what I've gathered the current version has some problems and requires quite a bit of work to run reliably. BigVern at litebonk runs some solid push pools so I would hope to do something similar but with variable difficulty implemented.

Have some ideas on how to minimize DDoS attacks.

Or is p2pool the better way to go?

Go with a p2pool first, you can still run stratum. Plus, you can always set up a push pool afterwards since there are no accounts saved.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
So I am really curious... Who is hashing 10+Mh/s and how are you doing this? A small governmental quantum computer? Server Farm? stealing your universities supercomputer?
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
I'd be willing to create a pool for this currency. Have a world class datacenter with low latency/hops, Gb HSRP internet connectivity, redundant load balancers and switches. HP DL360 servers.

Since DGC is currently small and I am inexperienced in running a pool it would of course have no fees.

Can someone send me any links to running a solid push pool? From what I've gathered the current version has some problems and requires quite a bit of work to run reliably. BigVern at litebonk runs some solid push pools so I would hope to do something similar but with variable difficulty implemented.

Have some ideas on how to minimize DDoS attacks.

Or is p2pool the better way to go?
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Jump to: