Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 281. (Read 523390 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

OK, what is your effing secret Steven??

I asked you this with WDC and you didn't answer. How the heck are you getting so many coins when the rest of us get orphans??

I told you already, that I have forwarded my port, and the things is. I'v never add nodes to my conf file
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Ya, the orphans is nothing, Got alot block

how many Hs/s ?
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain

Bringing the whole farm i see.    Grin

-tb-
Activity: 70

OK, what is your effing secret Steven??

I asked you this with WDC and you didn't answer. How the heck are you getting so many coins when the rest of us get orphans??

Insane hash rate= solves fast= beats latency.

True story?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
The developer of digicoin is mining WDC....so what's that tell you about confidence in digicoin?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-wdc-contracts-rent-guaranteed-rate-mining-209339

...I admit I lol'd for reaalll.

It's amusing, but that said, I wouldn't doubt the devs behind CNC, WDC, etc were all mining FeatherCoin before it crashed. They were just smart enough to release their coins under an alt account.

relm9, are you not seeing that his mining contract was announced on the 18th of May and lasts 8-10 days?  Thus, with digicoin's release, which was supposed to be Tuesday, but apparently was moved forward (suicidal move for a coin's launch, imho), Baritus, the dev of digicoin, would be mining WDC all through the crucial first week of digicoin's existence.  Such a terrible message to send to the community.  How can we expect much from a dev who does this?  What kind of faith can we invest, not to mention our electricity/hash power, in such dev and his coin?  It's insulting.

Mining another coin shows nothing but interest in the field. I'm not trying to create any pump club either. I openly admit to mining BTC, LTC, NMC, TRC and many more, should I be executed then?

If you are not interested in digitalcoin, simply close the tab and never come back though.

Thanks.

Baritus, let me explain this to you in a way where your peanut brain can understand the severity of your behavior.  As stated in Satoshi Nakamoto's white paper, the longest block chain will dominate the network.  So to avoid a 51% attack, the longest block chain needs to be owned by a group of trustworthy nodes devoting their computing power.  Assuming the developer of a coin should be the most trustworthy node, it would benefit the network security for having that added trustworthy node.  But instead, you are devoting your computing power to WDC!  You are in effect allowing your own coin's network to be more vulnerable!
Activity: 644
Merit: 501

OK, what is your secret Steven??

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
8 per block now.    Grin

Better start than worldcoin where I didn't get any blocks til after an hour.

-tb-
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Code:
root@minermom:/opt/coins/digitalcoinSource/src# make -f makefile.unix 
/bin/sh ../share/genbuild.sh obj/build.h
../share/genbuild.sh: 33: ../share/genbuild.sh: cannot create obj/build.h: Directory nonexistent
../share/genbuild.sh: 34: ../share/genbuild.sh: cannot create obj/build.h: Directory nonexistent
make: *** [obj/build.h] Error 2

Right from a github pull right now. You'll need to do mkdir src/obj if building from there.

Source from a zipfile works fine, but not from github.
yeah thanks whoever's passing out a few coins.

Activity: 112
I don't understand how blocks can be accepted, immature coins show in wallet, then disappear a few seconds later? Does anybody feel like taking a bit of time to explain how this happens?  Thank ya kindly.

Due to faster workers getting block at same time?

it depends on how fast your accepted block get propagated through the p2p network,

basically, you can view p2p as multiple segments of networks.

If you're at the lower hash power & higher latency end of the network, your accepted & confirmed block might got overwritten by the higher  hashpower & lower latency end of the network.

Cryptocoin (or Bitcoin based coin), work like rumor spreading, more people spread the same rumor, more people would believe it.
I don't understand how blocks can be accepted, immature coins show in wallet, then disappear a few seconds later? Does anybody feel like taking a bit of time to explain how this happens?  Thank ya kindly.

There are a few possible reasons.

1) Lag. When the wallet accepts the coin, it will immediately list as immature if the network doesn't say its an orphan. The moment the network tells the wallet that the block is an orphan, the wallet will simply remove it. Maybe there was a slight communication delay between the nodes and your wallet?

2) Mini-fork. Two (or more) miners solve the chain at the same time, faster than it can propogate the network. Other miners will side either fork, whichever reaches them first. When the two mini-forks propagate throughout the entire network, the longer one wins everything, the other loses. Could be that your semi-confirmed block was on the shorted block Sad

Cheers!

Thank you!

Cheers!

No problem!

donations anyone? Cheesy

DSWScubhzoGyiWvJ2dmhh3uUoc6ruiaiT8

Thanks!
Over 950 rejects, 300 accepted and  30 confirmed blocks, that's with 2khash and 85 connections.
Activity: 79
Wow willhash4food =o. Just wow.
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
I don't understand how blocks can be accepted, immature coins show in wallet, then disappear a few seconds later? Does anybody feel like taking a bit of time to explain how this happens?  Thank ya kindly.

1) Lag. When the wallet accepts the coin, it will immediately list as immature if the network doesn't say its an orphan. The moment the network tells the wallet that the block is an orphan, the wallet will simply remove it. Maybe there was a slight communication delay between the nodes and your wallet?

2) Mini-fork. Two (or more) miners solve the chain at the same time, faster than it can propogate the network. Other miners will side either fork, whichever reaches them first. When the two mini-forks propagate throughout the entire network, the longer one wins everything, the other loses. Could be that your semi-confirmed block was on the shorted block Sad

Cheers!

The time it takes for the new blocks to propagate is more than the time it takes to find a block in a fresh blockchain with everyone trying to sync.

So, sometimes you find a block but it's too late, and you get orphaned. These don't usually show up in your wallet but sometimes...

when the clock chain is fresh,a nd propgating slowly across the p2p network you and/or a couple of your peers are sorking on a chain, when you come across a longer block chain on the network.

Faced with this, the client takes the longer blockchain as the "master" and changes to it.  So you lose any coins you had mined in the orphan chain during the reorg in most cases, since you weren't mining on the longer chain.

Thank you.

The time it takes for the new blocks to propagate is more than the time it takes to find a block in a fresh blockchain with everyone trying to sync.

So, sometimes you find a block but it's too late, and you get orphaned. These don't usually show up in your wallet but sometimes...

when the clock chain is fresh,a nd propgating slowly across the p2p network you and/or a couple of your peers are sorking on a chain, when you come across a longer block chain on the network.

Faced with this, the client takes the longer blockchain as the "master" and changes to it.  So you lose any coins you had mined in the orphan chain during the reorg in most cases, since you weren't mining on the longer chain.
Activity: 85
Wtf is going on with the blockchain? anyone else noticed it keeps going backwards or something weird anyway.

Cheers!

Would like a block or two to feed mah orphans Smiley ty!

DSWScubhzoGyiWvJ2dmhh3uUoc6ruiaiT8
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
anyone getting a pool up for this?
Jump to: