Pages:
Author

Topic: 🔥🔥[ANN][DISC]Diskcoin|open source|CPOC|Hardisk mining|No ICO|No premine - page 15. (Read 6748 times)

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Anyone with appropriate rights online that can resync / restart the testnet explorer's wallet - its hung on blockheight 8299 while the chain is at 8353

@Diskcoin .. you seem to "forget" a few things .. Replotting is only one side of the coin ... but we get (forced) new wallet addresses ... need to rebind other pools which poses problems in case of the big BHD pools - Hdpool / Hpool co-op .. as both only accept new bindings with sufficient pledge ...  And again it rises the question why YOU and your new vapour coin demand this step from miners interested ....

I feel reminded of AMD vs Intel in the early 90's - do you know what would have happened if AMD said "fuck Intel" WE now set the rules for 80x86 processors? Exactly we wouldnt know about AMD aside from early 90's stock exchange notices

hmmmm
Whilst you may want to dual / triple mine with the other crappy POC coins, i'd much rather start from scratch with a coin that can only be singularly mined.
Gives real people with a spare 1 - 2 TB a real chance, instead of all the massive 1PB+ rigs mining Burst/BHD/etc
After all the whole point of crypto is decentralisation...you know the hands of the many, not the few....

As for you AMD/Intel argument, who knows, if AMD had said "FCUKU" then perhaps Intel would be just a vague memory....only history will tell

J
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
Anyone with appropriate rights online that can resync / restart the testnet explorer's wallet - its hung on blockheight 8299 while the chain is at 8353

@Diskcoin .. you seem to "forget" a few things .. Replotting is only one side of the coin ... but we get (forced) new wallet addresses ... need to rebind other pools which poses problems in case of the big BHD pools - Hdpool / Hpool co-op .. as both only accept new bindings with sufficient pledge ...  And again it rises the question why YOU and your new vapour coin demand this step from miners interested ....

I feel reminded of AMD vs Intel in the early 90's - do you know what would have happened if AMD said "fuck Intel" WE now set the rules for 80x86 processors? Exactly we wouldnt know about AMD aside from early 90's stock exchange notices
Activity: 164
its a JOKE .. your PID-tester declares literally ALL existing plotter_IDs as "not applicable" and enforces a rule .. smaller than 18 digits .. smaller than 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF+4 .. I have never encountered before - why do that .. if you want to let the people multimine - then dont behave like YOU are the center of the POC world ... most of us have plots .. and especially the bigger miners dont want new wallet addresses / new plotter IDs

Any Ideas on that ?

Any Idea on changing your miner's hashing method to be compatible ? so that we need not run 2 miners stressing our drives ?

Burst/bhd/boom use uint64 PID, the PID that Diskcoin uses is less than uint56, we all use the same POC2 file.

At present, the global POC hashrate is around 2000p, and the hashrate less than uint56 occupies 1/256, less than 10P, which means that everyone needs to replot files. Replot will take time, the advantage of this is that there will be no huge hashrate in DISC mining immediately, which can avoid huge hashrate attacks for Diskcoin, such as 51% attacks or miner-activated softfork (MASF), thus ensuring the safety and stability on the chain. And it will be fairer for everyone.
plotterID should only exist between miner and pool - as Diskcoin copied BHD's "feature" of only supporting pool mining as to my knowledge

Activity: 160
Merit: 10
its a JOKE .. your PID-tester declares literally ALL existing plotter_IDs as "not applicable" and enforces a rule .. smaller than 18 digits .. smaller than 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF+4 .. I have never encountered before - why do that .. if you want to let the people multimine - then dont behave like YOU are the center of the POC world ... most of us have plots .. and especially the bigger miners dont want new wallet addresses / new plotter IDs

Any Ideas on that ?

Any Idea on changing your miner's hashing method to be compatible ? so that we need not run 2 miners stressing our drives ?

yup, totally agreed.
that pid verification is a joke... Grin Grin
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

I'm sorry, this is not a bug. NEWBI can't work together with burst and bhd,It's independent with others, It means you have to make a choice. To mine NEWBI or others.

Another Joker ? .. POC#2 ... so we CAN use existing plotfiles .. you only force us to generate new address and plotter_ID - which are  probably intentional Bigger than 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ...

Did you sit together with the disk-coin devs over a tea and discussed how to share the new POC world ?

also u can't baby rage on someone doing no ico no premine ... if u don't like it just leave

what kind of explanation is that? you do not understand his problem because you have no idea about hdd mining.
@Oxus:
I'm going to ignore your last content - because I'm not raging ..

Renaming plotfiles doesnt help - because of the contained data - IF you want to do it in diskcoins favor you'd need to replot unfortunately (and yes .. shitgates got their nickname not for jokes)

Instead let me tell you .. the blockchain still doesnt verify (at least they didnt do until our testpool wallet was blacklisted for the 2nd or 3rd time) your plotter_id to be lower than said 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF+4 - so you can continue testing with your existing plotfiles - as I do^^

I find it hilarious that the blockchain keeps blacklisting our testpool's wallet ...  

Maybe Diskcoin can enlighten us why?

Activity: 253
Merit: 101
KEK
i have a old 2 tb segate drive ... i only want to test mining support the coin ... from what i read and what tested on the website seems that my ID is not going to work .. and let me tell ya

im not replotting that thing it was pain in the ass .. so gl ...

also noob question ... can't i just edit / rename the plot files Huh like remove the ID and enter the newer ID ?

I'm sorry, this is not a bug. NEWBI can't work together with burst and bhd,It's independent with others, It means you have to make a choice. To mine NEWBI or others.

Another Joker ? .. POC#2 ... so we CAN use existing plotfiles .. you only force us to generate new address and plotter_ID - which are  probably intentional Bigger than 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ...

Did you sit together with the disk-coin devs over a tea and discussed how to share the new POC world ?

Any Ideas on that ?

Activity: 164
Update: The testnet will be updated to the new version later, and the block height will start from 1. Only members who have applicable PID can participate in the mining. So kindly suggest that you could check your PID through this link:https://diskcoin.org/PidGenerator/index.html#btnGroup

If your PID is applicable, you are no need to replot files to mine DISC.
If your PID is not applicable, you need to use the tool to generate new PID and then plot if you want to mine DISC.

And our PID generator has already open source, you could check the details on GitHub: https://github.com/diskcoin-apps-team/PIDGenerator

Kindly note that with the PID generated by Diskcoin PID Generator, you could also mine other POC coins together. For DISC, the only function of the PID is to plot, which does not require binding.
Activity: 60
windstore2020
NewBI is a POC project too,It’s friendly to new miners or small miners. :

I cant believe it ... please have them fix their wallet-address and numerical account ID generation first - this is the first poc-coin I met that generates incompatible IDs to burstcoin

I wont replot my drives for a new vapour coin ... please FIX this ..
and while you are at it .. where does your customized version of jminer send the deadlines and stuff ?
so that I can replace it with my existing combo of multimining proxy and scavenger

The OP says you can multi-mine. Which coins can you multi-mine with Diskcoin?

Update: Recently we have received a lot of questions about Plotter ID, now we provide a Diskcoin PID Generator here:  https://diskcoin.org/PidGenerator/ . You can click this link to generate a PID.

After our mainnet online, it may not be compatible with the PID of other wallets. So recommended that you use this tool to generate PID to mine DISC.

If you do not use the PID generated by this tool to plot, you will not be able to multi-mine (mine other PoC coins while mine DISC).

Activity: 6
windstore2020

I cant believe it ... please have them fix their wallet-address and numerical account ID generation first - this is the first poc-coin I met that generates incompatible IDs to burstcoin

and while you are at it .. where does your customized version of jminer send the deadlines and stuff ?
so that I can replace it with my existing combo of multimining proxy and scavenger

Activity: 518
Merit: 107
Can you at least provide the source code for the miner? Maybe provide another for linux as well?
Activity: 1248
Merit: 297
Anyone fancy putting some links to the wallets / plotters / miners up?
Activity: 160
you guys are so funny,   Newbi nethash rising upto 6 pb atm.
ppl will follow interest and plot, do not worry about that.

My 120TB are ready for diskcoin, and runing testnet,  will replot more HDD if necessary.
I am mining BHD, boom, newbi  Grin
windstore2020

Activity: 9
Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me how to use SOLO mode on this wallet? I dd try dcminer with passPhrases.txt added, the wallet will crash immediately with nonce submission. Right now the wallet behaves like a POOL.
Activity: 518
Merit: 107
July 8, 2019, Update: Recently we have received a lot of questions about Plotter ID, now we provide a Diskcoin PID Generator here:  https://diskcoin.org/PidGenerator/ . You can click this link to generate a PID.

After our mainnet online, it may not be compatible with the PID of other wallets. So recommended that you use this tool to generate PID to mine DISC.

If you do not use the PID generated by this tool to plot, you will not be able to multi-mine (mine other PoC coins while mine DISC).

You do realise that people won't mine this if not compatible since their HDDs are already filled with plots for other coins.

Q: why do YOU think you are the middle of the universe - shouldnt disk coin adapt to the other coins - instead of demanding the other way around ?
Pages:
Jump to: