Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Donationcoin (DON) | Revival | Cryptopia | Scrypt PoW - page 4. (Read 35462 times)

legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
hi all ...

ive finally got my old profile back ...

tanx to cyrus ( bct mod ) and a few others - i now have full access to my old profile ... so will be using this one as much as possible from now on ...

the 'crysx' profile will still be in use - but will be only when necessary - not as my standard ...

a lot to sort out now ...

update ...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17653092 ...

#crysx
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
The Donationcoin block explorer is live. Sorry for the long absence this coin has gone without one!

transactions.donationcoin.org
Activity: 2147
Merit: 518

No to shit in ur pan, but do u guys want people to donate money to u for no good reason? Did u try to provide any services to those who u expect to receive donations from? Maybe drink peoples body persperation or something.
Activity: 364
Merit: 260
My AV is choking on the windows wallet.
Getting....Trojan: Win32/Rundas!plock   Shocked

This Trojan creates a backdoor and allows remote control.  This is an extremely dangerous Trojan.

It *may be* a false positive; but I'm not going to gamble. Too risky.   

Until you can create a clean wallet; I'll pass.
If my coins get purged on Bleutrade before a clean wallet is made; so be it.

I'm going to now re-image my computer.

as per almost ALL windows wallets - this is more than likely a false positive ...

the creator of this wallet is a trusted source and a trusted person ...

it IS understandable that the 'risk' factor may be elevated on notice of this warning ... but seriously in all manner of windows apps - the majority of the wallets that are windows based have this type of notice on most virus protection programs ...

we ( cwi ) are building a compilation system specifically for the windows and osx wallet compiles - and can guarantee that ALL wallets coming from our system will be clean of ANY virii - regardless of whether virus scanners pick up signatures or not ...

if this is a situation that you cannot accept - then please switch to a linux based system that is FREE from anything that windows is susceptible of ...

many of our customers - clientelle - community members do just that ... either another computer or smaller device ( like a raspberry pi for example ) when they are in ANY doubt whatsoever ...

this wallet has been around for YEARS - yes YEARS ... there has never been one single issue with loss of coins due to any 'backdoor' that any virus scanner may find ...

there is no need to reimage the machine - unless that is the procedure that makes you feel safe of course ...

rest assured - there is no malice in anything we do - especially with compiles of wallets on ANY of the projects we support ... we didnt compile this wallet this time - but again - has come from a very trusted source and a dev that is known and highly respected in the crypto sphere ...

#crysx

Good to hear it's a false positive.   If it had been a mining type, I wouldn't be worried.   
I've had several other wallets and this is the 1st time I've seen a non-mining alert.
I re-image my windows computers about once a year to get rid of bloat.  This alert just had me bump up the time table.

When I get my Linux computers up n running, I'll grab the linux wallet.   I've some old XP systems I'm turning into Linux milk crate rigs.
I'm not allowed to use my work laptop on any network that has an XP computer on it.

of course ...

the milk crate miner ...

takes me back a ways with that ...

unfortunately in crypo there are way too many scammers and theives out there - and it is understandable why people are highly sensitive to the rip-off merchants that are out there ... steven is not one of them ...

you only have to deal with him as a dev - and the dev that created the wallets - to know that ...

again though - its unfortunate that there are so many that are out there for the btc grab ... pity ... it really is a pity ...

but good luck with the linux install - im a redhat based fella ( rhel - cenots - fedora ) - steven is more debian based ( debian - ubuntu ) though stevens skills are far more the development side ... so you have the best of both worlds of experience if you come across any issues with both distro installs ... and what we dont know - we find out ...

donationcoin pool is up and running - but we are having a small issue with stats currently ... trying to figure out why this is ...

as for the stratum - looks like its been recoded properly ... a post will be available on our cwi thread soon ...

#crysx
Activity: 180

This Trojan creates a backdoor and allows remote control.  This is an extremely dangerous Trojan.

as per almost ALL windows wallets - this is more than likely a false positive ...

it IS understandable that the 'risk' factor may be elevated on notice of this warning ... but seriously in all manner of windows apps - the majority of the wallets that are windows based have this type of notice on most virus protection programs ...

we ( cwi ) are building a compilation system specifically for the windows and osx wallet compiles - and can guarantee that ALL wallets coming from our system will be clean of ANY virii - regardless of whether virus scanners pick up signatures or not ...

if this is a situation that you cannot accept - then please switch to a linux based system that is FREE from anything that windows is susceptible of ...

many of our customers - clientelle - community members do just that ... either another computer or smaller device ( like a raspberry pi for example ) when they are in ANY doubt whatsoever ...

this wallet has been around for YEARS - yes YEARS ... there has never been one single issue with loss of coins due to any 'backdoor' that any virus scanner may find ...

there is no need to reimage the machine - unless that is the procedure that makes you feel safe of course ...

rest assured - there is no malice in anything we do - especially with compiles of wallets on ANY of the projects we support ... we didnt compile this wallet this time - but again - has come from a very trusted source and a dev that is known and highly respected in the crypto sphere ...

#crysx

Good to hear it's a false positive.   If it had been a mining type, I wouldn't be worried.   
I've had several other wallets and this is the 1st time I've seen a non-mining alert.
I re-image my windows computers about once a year to get rid of bloat.  This alert just had me bump up the time table.

When I get my Linux computers up n running, I'll grab the linux wallet.   I've some old XP systems I'm turning into Linux milk crate rigs.
I'm not allowed to use my work laptop on any network that has an XP computer on it.

#crysx

The Donationcoin wallet has been around for a long time. There is no backdoor. The software is safe.
Activity: 180

Donationcoin.org is live with a new website. Have a look.

Also, seed.dontioncoin.org is up.
No connections Undecided

The seed is up, it resolves to 108.61.216.195 if you want to addnode. Here are a few others I know are up most all the time:

Sorry you are having difficulties. A new version of the wallet is in the works that will elevate this problem.

EDIT: Sorry, I should have explained. I notice your bitcointalk account is rather new and you might not know. To addnode:
Open the wallet.
Select 'Help' then 'Debug window' from the menubar.
Select the 'Console' tab.
In the console, type "addnode 108.61.216.195 add" and press enter.
Repeat that for all the mentioned nodes.

You can also edit your .conf file to include "addnode=108.61.216.195" and all the above-mentioned IPs. This way, your wallet will search those IPs at launch every time. But, if you follow the above steps, and connections are made which they will, the peers should be stored in your peers.dat file for next time you launch.

Again, sorry you are having problems connecting. I hope I have helped.

EDIT 2: I notice a new peer! I hope it is you! Smiley
Activity: 367
Merit: 255

No connections Undecided
Have a safe New Year!   Smiley
Donaitioncoin.org is live with a new website. Have a look.

More news to come shortly. Happy Holidays everyone!

~Steven

yup ...

have a happy Christmas ...

massive things happening next year ...

#crysx

More news to come shortly. Happy Holidays everyone!

~Steven
I am pleased to announce I have finally gained control of the donationcoin.org domain. This domain name is much better than the original hyphenated domain name and any (.net, .info) that I have used in the absence of cooperation from domain name holders during this resurrection.

great ...

now to gain full control so that things CAN get done in a timely fashion ...

im behind you all the way on this one steven ...

#crysx
I am pleased to announce I have finally gained control of the donationcoin.org domain. This domain name is much better than the original hyphenated domain name and any (.net, .info) that I have used in the absence of cooperation from domain name holders during this resurrection.
hi all ...

doing some backend work on the infrastructure - we would like to invite all those who want to mine to test the new inhouse pool we have for donationcoin ...

the pool is part of the new umbrella that will incorporate all the projects we currently have - and are working on - and don is the latest to be added ...

so if there are those wishing to mine don - please give the new pool a test and see how it performs ...

this is only one part of the infrastructure we are designing and developing for the entire ecosystem - but it is an integral one ...

details below ...

Code:
pool menu - http://pool.granitecoin.com/ ...
algorithm - scrypt ...
mining port - 7200 ...

commandline address - stratum+tcp://pool.granitecoin.com:7200/ ...

this is the beta site and the pool is in beta until we can test it fully to make sure that is responsive - stable - and always available ...

as always - let us know if there are any issues - and we will attend to them as soon as humanly possible ... either here in the thread - or on irc on channel #digitaldzyne ...

at least for the time being until we can organize a permanent place ( with the website being designed currently ) ...

#crysx
Pages:
Jump to: