Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Donationcoin (DON) | Revival | Cryptopia | Scrypt PoW - page 7. (Read 35462 times)

Activity: 250
Merit: 250
I was thinking about this.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006
Canary in the crypto mine!
Forked?  Huh

No, there has been no fork. Are you having an issue?
I have different amount in same wallet at home and at work.

If they are both synced, you might try redownloading the blockchain. Perhaps on the wallet you think has the wrong balance.
Forked?  Huh

I have different amount in same wallet at home and at work.
legendary
Forked?  Huh

Activity: 194
Merit: 100
I have three connections:

I hope that helps! Smiley

Thank you so much!  I'm connected now.   Grin
legendary
As Graham said, this is a p2p community and I think it's on us members of the DON community who think its a project worth keeping to step up and do something about the situation. DON is effectively dead and has been for months. The website has been down for more than a month. The FB tipping app was a small handful of people passing around the same few coins. The whole "donation" aspect of this coin has been forgotten and literally nothing at all has been done since DEV abandoned us for his shiny new project which is also dying.

Even with the massive pre-mine this coin held promise but the lack of support from DEV and community killed it. I would be willing to take over hosting the website and block explorer on my own existing servers. I will also see what can be done about adding new pools and exchanges so we can get something going on here again. I will make contact with Spencer and Steven so we can work out the remaining issues and see if DON can either be revived or properly put to rest.

Is anyone still mining DON somewhere?

Thank you kindly for the offer on hosting affordableweb. That might be a game changer for Donationcoin's livelihood.

Judging by the difficulty, I do not think any pools are in. Some days lately, like today, I solo mine some (7 so far) blocks with only a CPU (~5 kh/s).

I will talk more with you and Spencer privately but, I did want to publicly thank you for stepping up! Very kind of you and I can see the "donation" aspect is alive in you and I commend you for that! Smiley
legendary
I'm looking to set up a donationcoin node, but I can't get any connections.  Could someone list some active nodes?

I have three connections:

{
"addr" : "188.165.2.147:11060",
"services" : "00000003",
"lastsend" : 1426957883,
"lastrecv" : 1426957884,
"bytessent" : 3021239,
"bytesrecv" : 6712213,
"blocksrequested" : 910,
"conntime" : 1426542429,
"version" : 70006,
"subver" : "/Donationcoin Digital Wallet:1.3.0/",
"inbound" : false,
"startingheight" : 433148,
"banscore" : 0,
"syncnode" : true
},
{
"addr" : "85.236.188.213:11060",
"lastsend" : 1426957847,
"lastrecv" : 1426957883,
"bytessent" : 555631,
"bytesrecv" : 268748,
"blocksrequested" : 753,
"conntime" : 1426868183,
"startingheight" : 437429,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "86.8.191.123:11060",
"lastsend" : 1426957884,
"lastrecv" : 1426957080,
"bytessent" : 40492,
"bytesrecv" : 95819,
"blocksrequested" : 0,
"conntime" : 1426937374,
"startingheight" : 439345,
"banscore" : 0
}

I hope that helps! Smiley
Activity: 154
Donationcoin sound supper cool..... Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
As Graham said, this is a p2p community and I think it's on us members of the DON community who think its a project worth keeping to step up and do something about the situation. DON is effectively dead and has been for months. The website has been down for more than a month. The FB tipping app was a small handful of people passing around the same few coins. The whole "donation" aspect of this coin has been forgotten and literally nothing at all has been done since DEV abandoned us for his shiny new project which is also dying.

Even with the massive pre-mine this coin held promise but the lack of support from DEV and community killed it. I would be willing to take over hosting the website and block explorer on my own existing servers. I will also see what can be done about adding new pools and exchanges so we can get something going on here again. I will make contact with Spencer and Steven so we can work out the remaining issues and see if DON can either be revived or properly put to rest.

Is anyone still mining DON somewhere?
Activity: 194
I'm looking to set up a donationcoin node, but I can't get any connections.  Could someone list some active nodes?
legendary

Yes, of course I will work with the existing Donationcoin community. By no means do I want, or will I let, the coin die. We are trying to get the hosting issue resolved ASAP.

Steven Saxton

Hi CryptoCanary (and the Donationcoin community), has there been any recent updates with Donationcoin? TYIA.

Hi xrnath and Donationcoin community. Smiley Unfortunately, no new news. Fortunately, no bad news! Wink

I can tell you that Spencer still holds the premine. Recent events in my family, both medically and financially, has caused me to shy away from taking control of the premine as of now. Simply put, I do not want to take control of something while my time dedication is uncertain. This could change quickly and I do not mean to express any lack of interest to do so but, as of now, doing so might be detrimental.

On a better note, myself and some other miners are solo mining in the absence of the official pool and seeds are running. I did see a small amount of volume on bittrex recently, trading around 5-7 sat. In Donationcoins defense, some coins can only dream of that value. Smiley
Activity: 80
Merit: 10

Yes, of course I will work with the existing Donationcoin community. By no means do I want, or will I let, the coin die. We are trying to get the hosting issue resolved ASAP.

Steven Saxton

Hi CryptoCanary (and the Donationcoin community), has there been any recent updates with Donationcoin? TYIA.
legendary
It will not stay broken at all. I only now got notified by Muiz Rana that the hosting at GoDaddy had ceased. I am not happy at all with the late notification of this.
Sorry, I posted the issue as soon as I learned of it.

Also very soon Donationcoin will be taken over fully by Steven Saxton. The premine will be transferred to Steven Saxton and he will then dictate the future movement of Donationcoin.

It's a p2p network with an existing community, so I guess you mean “work with the community on further development” rather than “dictate the future movement”.

Cheers

Graham

Steven Saxton
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278
It will not stay broken at all. I only now got notified by Muiz Rana that the hosting at GoDaddy had ceased. I am not happy at all with the late notification of this.
Sorry, I posted the issue as soon as I learned of it.

Also very soon Donationcoin will be taken over fully by Steven Saxton. The premine will be transferred to Steven Saxton and he will then dictate the future movement of Donationcoin.

It's a p2p network with an existing community, so I guess you mean “work with the community on further development” rather than “dictate the future movement”.

Cheers

Graham

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
hi! is there any pool where i can mine? thanks
Looks like there are no pools. Official pool is broken.

And will likely stay broken; the dev is now fully engaged in developing and promoting his latest revenue stream, SterlingCoin - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annslg-sterlingcoin-v1611-united-kindom-cryptopia-721936.

Cheers

Graham

We are working on this ASAP.

Also very soon Donationcoin will be taken over fully by Steven Saxton.

The premine will be transferred to Steven Saxton and he will then dictate the future movement of Donationcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

And will likely stay broken; the dev is now fully engaged in developing and promoting his latest revenue stream, SterlingCoin - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annslg-sterlingcoin-v1611-united-kindom-cryptopia-721936.

Cheers

Graham
Activity: 206
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
 I wish the whole community best of luck!!  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: