Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DVK] DvoraKoin Multi-Algo SHA/SCRYPT/GROESTL (Now On 4 Exchanges!) - page 20. (Read 32937 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Devs are from Melbourne, I'm in.  Jump on your roof and wave at me
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
43 minutes as of this post.

najzenmajsen, it completely depends on your setup. I'd suggest if you don't have an ASIC, you would be better off mining Scrypt or Groestl. You may get a better hashrate on Scrypt, but Groestl will run more quiety and efficiently, and your CPU will be able to help out.
Well , i do have asics for both scrypt and sha256,  just wondering what would be best 19TH of SHA or 2.5GH/S Scrypt?
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
What alghorithm will be best to mine with ? SHA or scrypt?

groestl for gpu
Activity: 56
43 minutes as of this post.

najzenmajsen, it completely depends on your setup. I'd suggest if you don't have an ASIC, you would be better off mining Scrypt or Groestl. You may get a better hashrate on Scrypt, but Groestl will run more quiety and efficiently, and your CPU will be able to help out.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What alghorithm will be best to mine with ? SHA or scrypt?
legendary
actually i don't like a fast retarget from the start, but whatever...i was asking in the hope that it wasn't implemented
there is KGW/DGW from the start for this coin?

No, the coin instead retargets every block in a typical manner. I was unable to implement KGW myself. It does, however, have an upper limit to the difficulty rise so multi-pools cannot mine a few blocks and get out, leaving the coin ruined. In any case, the other two algo's will take up the slack.
legendary
there is KGW/DGW from the start for this coin?
Activity: 52
it's -k myriadcoin-groestl

I dont understand, on http://www.dvorakoin.com/setup.html i see -k groestlcoin

Sorry, a typo on our part. The website has been updated with the correct information, -k myriadcoin-groestl

Thanks you, it's important for a good start  Wink

I dont understand, on http://www.dvorakoin.com/setup.html i see -k groestlcoin

Sorry, a typo on our part. The website has been updated with the correct information, -k myriadcoin-groestl
Well guess it isn't asic resistant, so in that case im out.

No point in sending my 1.5mhs GPU's against TH/s rigs.

It is still worth mining, as the asics do not directly compete with gpu based algorithms. The difficulties are different for each algorithm, the scrypt and groestl algorithms will remain on a lower difficulty because ASICs will not be able to mine them.
Activity: 52
Ok so ..

So far Ive worked out that I use SG miner

Can I use intensity 20?

Does it need lower intensity?

Why do I need to put the algo in the wallet conf?

I guess this is only if you solo mine?

So many questions!

The reccomended intensity rating is between 14-18. The algo setting in the config file is for you to choose wich algorithm to solomine with. This coin is not asic resistant, but allows them to all mine equally.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
So to be clear (bloody hell this is confusing)

Is this something I can mine with my gpu

Can I solo mine

Is it scrypt Im using to mine this coin?

This is a bizarre coin but I need low temps for summer

this could be the solution.
G

Solomining this coin is possible once downloaded, you simply set it up like any other solomining coin, only with the algorithm you have selected. If, for example, you want to run groestl (The most heat efficient algorithm), add algo=groestl to your config file then solomine with sph-sgminer set to -k myriadcoin-groestl
Activity: 392
Add pos and this coin will be perfect long term.
Activity: 25
-k groestlcoin or -k myriad-groestl
Activity: 252
Well I,ll take a look at it when I wake and if difficulty isn't too crazy I ll add some hash to it. Good Luck with the launch and Good on you for the innovation and inclusiveness of the multi algo implementation.
Its a shame that you chose to launch 12 hrs from now. Which is 5Am Sunday morning where I live in the US mountain time and not at a more equitable time for all to be involved at launch time.  Not the fairest choice of time for me.  I wont be waking at 5am to support this coin.      Maybe if it were 3 or 4 hours later or 6 would be better,people in the US would choose to be involved and could be represented more at launch   .    But maybe thats not important to you.

We are launching this coin as late as possible into the night for our timezone, being as considerate as possible to American timezones. We could launch this when we're comfortable, but would make it even worse for you.

An equal launch for everyone is important to us, but it does still need to be at a realistic time for us to be able to launch.
Pages:
Jump to: