Author

Topic: [ANN][ECA] Electra ⚡ | POS 3.0e | Super Rewards Bonanza - page 121. (Read 144299 times)

Activity: 525
Merit: 250
ibuku adalah segalanya(my mother is the best)
Activity: 324
Merit: 101
Latest wallet: v2.1.1/v2.1.3
Just some observations - doesn't look really good...

Dev activity is very low... doesn't even care to have control of his own software..

(The actual wallet (2.Hardfork) was released by a different dev, who put it on his own github repositiory - the dev (Electra01) never cared to copy the wallet to the official Electra site on Github..) Once the the link to the "Bumbacoin" repository was deleted, there was no working link anymore. Some days later, a user who had saved a original copy created a new link on Github. A few days later, "Bumbacoin" shared a link to a saved copy of the wallets on his private "Google Drive". But instead of copying this files to the Electra Gitub - or any other web-address under his control - the Dev only updated the links on the announcement page. So the files are still not under his control... - but on web-addresses under someone elses control (even third party google-drive addresses...)

There ARE technical issues...

While staking is working more or less properly - and blocks are found regularly - this is only more or less. The calculation of the staking reward (50 % annual) is correct, if you include compound interest, it could even be more..

But - the splitting of inputs - and a somehow inbuilt bias of the staking algorithm to reward those inputs in a staking wallet that receive relatively small rewards - (certainly as well with the intention to create a sufficient supply of staking inputs) - has made the staking process difficult for smaller wallets - they are crowded out as the biggest wallets still have a very huge share of the network weight - because many of their inputs are waiting for reward for more than 20 days by now. So "smaller" wallets (small meaning here everyone with <100 Mio Electra) are only seldom staking. Most of the rewards earned by addresses holding relatively few electra - like just a few 100 k ore few millions - are almoust certainly secondary addresses in larger wallets. (Some of those adresses seem to belong to "Coinsmarkets"-Wallet).

There seems to be the possibility of auto-merger of small/very old inputs - but I have observed this only with very small inputs - and it might well be that all of them are on the Coinsmarkets-wallet - so maybe they run a slightly adjusted wallet?

Since the last hardfork, there are only about 210 blocks found every day (and not 288 as in the OP) - and so the time to reward all blocks is even longer.

Total coins created between july 14th and today (september 23th) are 711 Million - expected would be: (20 Billion * 71 Days /(365/0.5)) would be 1.945 Billion. So only about 36 %. This, of course, was mainly due to the fact that less than 50 % of all coins have ever been staking. If more would have been staking, the crowding out of smaller wallets would of course have been worse...

On the technical side, you could of course state that due to this slower staking, the PoS stage will take longer - like >3 years - and thus the Dev does have time to come up with a solution for the time once the 30 Billion coins have been generated... (As there are barely any transactions beside staking - and almost all of them are only stakers or exchanges reorganising their wallet, or people sending coins to or from exchange, there can't be an incentive for going the chain running once you would switch to fees only - unless their has been a rapid and very strong adoption of Electra as a means of payment - and even than only if you can get the Electra price up to about $1.-- (or at least $0.10).

Actually, the share of staking coins has gone significantly down in recent weeks**, probably as low as around 30 % - as many large stakers have fully or partly decamped (moved their coins to exchanges, and tried to dump them). OTOH, there have only been a few larger moves the other way.

As a result of these changes, the market price has significantly dropped, and the sell wall has gone up.

Not only are there 3.2 Billion Electra on offer at Nova against Bitcoin - of which 1.6 Billion for one Satoshi - recently a wall started to go up at the Litecoin market - actually there are more than 1.33 Billion Electra on offer there, and even on the DOGE Market - more than 550 Million on Sale. So about 25 % of all Electras are on offer on Nova-Exchange. Another ca. 480 Million are on sale on Coinsmarkets... And of course, most of the sales that actually happened didn't result in the buyers shifting large amounts to staking wallets... So they either still hold them passively on the Exchanges, or put them in new sales orders (doesn't really make sense as long as there is no positive price movement). And yes - about 28% of all coins are held at adresses that showed no movement at all since the last hardfork - did they miss the update - or just lost interest... (well - I suspect that the top Adress on the Richlist might be Nova-Exchanges Cold-Wallet... - but who knows...)

But - unless their is much more activity - likely including an active HODLING Group - and more support for/by the Dev or a dev team - it pretty much looks like a dying coin..
Sad Sad Sad

**unfortunately, this didn't help smaller wallets, the network is still going up, as now most blocks go to large wallets with small blocks (some of those that decamped actually had very large blocks, thus needing not that many blocks for reward, and thus speeding up...

The latest links that were provided for the wallets are from my personal Google Drive account (not bumbacoin's). I can upload these to other download locations if people wish. I used bumbacoin's Github link in the forum before to give him credit for the new wallets he created. The deletion of the link by bumbacoin did catch me by surprise and I put up my own links as fast as I could.

Despite Electra having the issues you mention, I do not believe they are serious enough for another fork in the short-term. However this is my personal opinion. Electra is larger than myself and if the majority of the network wishes to have these updates implemented and release their own version of a wallet, I will support it after I am satisfied with testing.

To myself personally, the fact that Electra is listed on multiple exchanges, has a block explorer, working wallets and an active website/forum thread is just as important. If someone new joins the network, I try to ensure that they will always have access to live uncensored information about Electra.
Activity: 261
It will be cost 2sat in six mounths.
Activity: 165
Merit: 11
Just some observations - doesn't look really good...

Dev activity is very low... doesn't even care to have control of his own software..

(The actual wallet (2.Hardfork) was released by a different dev, who put it on his own github repositiory - the dev (Electra01) never cared to copy the wallet to the official Electra site on Github..) Once the the link to the "Bumbacoin" repository was deleted, there was no working link anymore. Some days later, a user who had saved a original copy created a new link on Github. A few days later, "Bumbacoin" shared a link to a saved copy of the wallets on his private "Google Drive". But instead of copying this files to the Electra Gitub - or any other web-address under his control - the Dev only updated the links on the announcement page. So the files are still not under his control... - but on web-addresses under someone elses control (even third party google-drive addresses...)

There ARE technical issues...

While staking is working more or less properly - and blocks are found regularly - this is only more or less. The calculation of the staking reward (50 % annual) is correct, if you include compound interest, it could even be more..

But - the splitting of inputs - and a somehow inbuilt bias of the staking algorithm to reward those inputs in a staking wallet that receive relatively small rewards - (certainly as well with the intention to create a sufficient supply of staking inputs) - has made the staking process difficult for smaller wallets - they are crowded out as the biggest wallets still have a very huge share of the network weight - because many of their inputs are waiting for reward for more than 20 days by now. So "smaller" wallets (small meaning here everyone with <100 Mio Electra) are only seldom staking. Most of the rewards earned by addresses holding relatively few electra - like just a few 100 k ore few millions - are almoust certainly secondary addresses in larger wallets. (Some of those adresses seem to belong to "Coinsmarkets"-Wallet).

There seems to be the possibility of auto-merger of small/very old inputs - but I have observed this only with very small inputs - and it might well be that all of them are on the Coinsmarkets-wallet - so maybe they run a slightly adjusted wallet?

Since the last hardfork, there are only about 210 blocks found every day (and not 288 as in the OP) - and so the time to reward all blocks is even longer.

Total coins created between july 14th and today (september 23th) are 711 Million - expected would be: (20 Billion * 71 Days /(365/0.5)) would be 1.945 Billion. So only about 36 %. This, of course, was mainly due to the fact that less than 50 % of all coins have ever been staking. If more would have been staking, the crowding out of smaller wallets would of course have been worse...

On the technical side, you could of course state that due to this slower staking, the PoS stage will take longer - like >3 years - and thus the Dev does have time to come up with a solution for the time once the 30 Billion coins have been generated... (As there are barely any transactions beside staking - and almost all of them are only stakers or exchanges reorganising their wallet, or people sending coins to or from exchange, there can't be an incentive for going the chain running once you would switch to fees only - unless their has been a rapid and very strong adoption of Electra as a means of payment - and even than only if you can get the Electra price up to about $1.-- (or at least $0.10).

Actually, the share of staking coins has gone significantly down in recent weeks**, probably as low as around 30 % - as many large stakers have fully or partly decamped (moved their coins to exchanges, and tried to dump them). OTOH, there have only been a few larger moves the other way.

As a result of these changes, the market price has significantly dropped, and the sell wall has gone up.

Not only are there 3.2 Billion Electra on offer at Nova against Bitcoin - of which 1.6 Billion for one Satoshi - recently a wall started to go up at the Litecoin market - actually there are more than 1.33 Billion Electra on offer there, and even on the DOGE Market - more than 550 Million on Sale. So about 25 % of all Electras are on offer on Nova-Exchange. Another ca. 480 Million are on sale on Coinsmarkets... And of course, most of the sales that actually happened didn't result in the buyers shifting large amounts to staking wallets... So they either still hold them passively on the Exchanges, or put them in new sales orders (doesn't really make sense as long as there is no positive price movement). And yes - about 28% of all coins are held at adresses that showed no movement at all since the last hardfork - did they miss the update - or just lost interest... (well - I suspect that the top Adress on the Richlist might be Nova-Exchanges Cold-Wallet... - but who knows...)

But - unless their is much more activity - likely including an active HODLING Group - and more support for/by the Dev or a dev team - it pretty much looks like a dying coin..
Sad Sad Sad

**unfortunately, this didn't help smaller wallets, the network is still going up, as now most blocks go to large wallets with small blocks (some of those that decamped actually had very large blocks, thus needing not that many blocks for reward, and thus speeding up...
Activity: 311
The
Can we get a different roadmap with Q1-Q4 deadlines instead of 'short-medium-verylong'.

Why is, 'Getting listed on wikipedia.org' even on the roadmap.

POSW is releasing their new website next month, you should definitely consider adding ECA to it for auto-staking.

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
This is great timing to take risk on this project I hope this will go to the moon.
Activity: 297
Merit: 102
Just sold off 112 million ECA. It’s been 6 months and the “dev” has done nothing. There are plenty of other PoS coins with real developers and real plans for the success of their coin.

Good! You think those who got rich, they hold a coin for under 6 months? They all got nice profits and made millions in years.
Activity: 261
Just sold off 112 million ECA. It’s been 6 months and the “dev” has done nothing. There are plenty of other PoS coins with real developers and real plans for the success of their coin.
Good! I'm bouhgt you coins)
Activity: 56
Merit: 10
Holding few coins from past few days
Activity: 6
Activity: 121
To address the concerns of the last 4-5 posts:

I am still actively working on Electra.

Electra is actively traded in many markets:

https://coinsmarkets.com/trade-DOG-ECA.htm (*includes an online staking wallet for Electra*)

https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_ECA/

https://novaexchange.com/market/ETH_ECA/

https://novaexchange.com/market/LTC_ECA/

https://novaexchange.com/market/DOGE_ECA/

https://novaexchange.com/market/ESP2_ECA/

https://novaexchange.com/market/KIC_ECA/

The BTC sell wall has been there since the bonanza ended and has gotten smaller over time.

So you are the developer of this coin? and you are still working with this? What is your plans with this coin?
Activity: 560
Merit: 113
Thank you for putting the work in  Smiley

What't the situation here? No exchange or no market for electra? This seems to be a great coin.
The situation here for now is electra on the verge of death, 13 btc sell wall with 1 sat price on the market. Exchanger or market is here https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_ECA/

Of course there is a BTC sell wall at 1 sat, the coin is traded for much less on the active LTC market. I don't see that as an issue at the moment.
For every coin I can sell at 1 sat, I can buy 10 back with LTC...
To address the concerns of the last 4-5 posts:

I am still actively working on Electra.

Electra is actively traded in many markets:

https://coinsmarkets.com/trade-DOG-ECA.htm (*includes an online staking wallet for Electra*)

https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_ECA/

https://novaexchange.com/market/ETH_ECA/

https://novaexchange.com/market/LTC_ECA/

https://novaexchange.com/market/DOGE_ECA/

https://novaexchange.com/market/ESP2_ECA/

https://novaexchange.com/market/KIC_ECA/

The BTC sell wall has been there since the bonanza ended and has gotten smaller over time.
copper member
Activity: 798

What't the situation here? No exchange or no market for electra? This seems to be a great coin.
The situation here for now is electra on the verge of death, 13 btc sell wall with 1 sat price on the market. Exchanger or market is here https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_ECA/
Activity: 70
I was wondering if this coin is still being actively developed. Please let me know. Thanks!
Activity: 121
In the abyss of shitcoins you go? Is this alive or what is going on?
Activity: 88

Activity: 560
Merit: 113
Wallet links have been updated.
The Telegram link and the Cointelegraph link have been added to the OP. Thanks to Morfuso for creating the Telegram link.

I have also put in an enquiry to Coinomi as one of the users requested.

The two exchange visits I mentioned previously have finished and I was not able to get a better deal. Exchange application prices have increased so much that it is, in some cases, cheaper to open your own altcoin exchange. I will keep working on finding a high volume exchange for Electra.
Activity: 56
I like this coin
Jump to: