Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][EDU] EduCoin | Blockchain Platform for Education - page 31. (Read 170139 times)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

Developer Note April 15, 2014

Addressing the previously reported issues, there will be a wallet update to v.1.1 We are working on the details and will announce enough in advance this week so that everyone can be ready.    

Here are some important but non-tech related updates:

1. Over 2-million EDU have been given away as prize money to the University of Virginia hacker teams and Rutgers University hacker teams during this weekend's college hackathons. This represents the first case ever where digital currency was given to students. The hacker teams are seriously talented people, many bound for Google, etc. after graduation. We are in communication with some of them, and they may be developing startup business models around bitcoin/educoin.

2. Trade volume in the LTC market at CryptoAlteX is heating up. https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=trade&market=LTC&coin=EDU

3. EduCoin now re-appears at position #130 on Coinmarketcap, after being at the very bottom of the list due to low volume in a 24-hour period. Gliss, the site operator, will be updating the API feeds so that the ranking actually reflects the trade data currently not being factored in (LTC @ CryptoAlteX, BTC, DOGE @ Coin-Swap).  

4. The main developer, Edumoto, started grassroots outreach to education leaders across the US, at universities, governments, and national organizations. He could do this all by himself, but then that would not be fun. Consider ways where you can help in your community or city.    

5. Crowdfunding and Paying it forward. Several ideas have been put forth such as giving EduCoin to students. This is really important, since the EduCoin concept was an offshoot of Dogecoin's generosity.

Each person who owns EduCoin may consider distributing it to the students in their family or network. Others who have significant sums of EDU can consider donating millions or billions of EDU to their alumni funds. Case in point: http://www.inc.com/associated-press/bitcoin-entrepreneur-makes-first-cryptocurrency-donation-to-college.html  Of course, skeptics will say, "EDU is worthless" but who will refuse the chance that EDU goes the way of a bitcoin pizza?

6. Voting continues!
https://www.mintpal.com/voting  
https://www.allcoin.com/vote

7. EduCoin's first block halving is coming!  

Have a nice week everyone.

--EduCoin Dev Team

Activity: 472
Merit: 250
Activity: 126
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
恭贺上了第2个平台
Activity: 115
Hoping for a good development prospect in education! Smiley
reposted from r/educoin: http://www.reddit.com/r/Educoin/comments/22rg5u/edumoto_offers_1million_edu_donations_for/

Edumoto Offers 1-million EDU Donations For University Hackathons

If it's spring, it's hackathon time! Actually, it's always hackathon time.

In order to increase awareness about EduCoin, Edumoto made several 1-million EDU donation offers to a few university hackathons happening now until the end of April.

HackRU at Rutgers University (NJ) is the first to accept EDU!

What is HackRU?
HackRU is 24 hours of inspired, creative, and insanity-fueled learning and creation where you work in teams of 1-4 people to take a crazy idea and turn it into a super real piece of software (or hardware, if you’re into that). Basically, it’s really fun. All the cool kids are doing it.

How to donate? Official donation address for HackRU: 6Gp7vqjDVGF4n3BRgqNC9kM97GxYRmndMh

HackUVA at the University of Virginia is the second school hackathon to accept EDU!

What is HackUVA?
A 36-hour programming event held from April 11th 5pm to 13th 5pm in Newcomb Hall where you, along with other developers, designers, and entrepreneurs work together to create a web or mobile application/platform from scratch. Prizes will be awarded to the top hacks.

How to donate? Official donation address for HackUVA: 6L7wv1HYydTiLeEFQaVcNakUGtmvs43xU9

edit. As mentioned earlier, 1-million EduCoin have been given to each hackathon to be used either by students in their team hackathon projects or offered as prize money. Each hackathon will decide how to best distribute the EDU! Either way, these will be the first students ever to have EDU!
加油!!!继续!!!!减产即将来临!!!
从哪天开始减产?好像中国关注的人多一点,在国外有没有推广应用啊?

大概3-4天后 产量减半
Activity: 643
Merit: 253

EDU is listed at Coin-Swap.net

Markets
EDU/BTC
EDU/DOGE

Please read our new Quick Start guide to help you get started!

Attention Miners: AUTO-SELL
Miners! We have an auto-sell feature so you can set your mining pool address to your order address at Coin-Swap. This will continue to add what you mine to a single order instead of having an order open for each deposit. You can change the price of your order without having to cancel and create a new order. Simply change the price!

Attention Pool operators: Easier order management
Want to offer your payouts in BTC? Want less headache managing your orders? Contact us for more information and special rates.

Immediate Payouts
As soon as your order executes, we send you your coins. We do this to minimize your risk. This is why you need to fill out both your EDU and BTC addresses in your profile.

How to get started at Coin-Swap
Please read our Quick Start guide to help you get started!

Contact Us
If you have any problems or questions about setting up an order please feel free to contact us! coinswapnet at gmail.com or #coin-swap on Freenode.

Ian
加油!!!继续!!!!减产即将来临!!!
从哪天开始减产?好像中国关注的人多一点,在国外有没有推广应用啊?
Good plan,good coins! Smiley
加油!!!继续!!!!减产即将来临!!!
Developer update re: KGW and SSL (Heartbleed)

1. We have examined the Kimoto Gravity Well patch and are now considering upgrading to Digishield to retarget difficulty going forward. What is Digishield? This is a newer version of the Kimoto Gravity Well created by the Digibyte devs, currently being used in Dogecoin.

2. Heartbleed is a major issue as many of you have heard. This website offers the most detailed explanation of what it is: http://heartbleed.com/  We are closely monitoring this and acting on immediate necessary steps. You should consider changing passwords after confirming the websites such as pools have updated the fix. You can use https://lastpass.com/heartbleed/ or http://filippo.io/Heartbleed/ to check.

Both of these issues are still in active discussion between core devs and we will update the community by the beginning of next week.

--EduCoin Dev Team

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
hey educoin dev , I have a problem with my wallet
after my pc crashed last night I am unable to open my educoin wallet , when I start the wallet it is not responding ( all white )
I tried fixing it by deleting the educoin file in the roaming section and downloaded the wallet again ,but still the same problem
do you have any advice how to fix it

The most important step is to secure your wallet.dat file. If you haven't backed it up (everyone should backup) you can locate the original file in C:\users\"your computer username"\AppData\Roaming\Educoin  Move the wallet.dat file to somewhere safe.

Then delete the EduCoin folder and the client directory. Download a new copy of the wallet and run the file. Add conf details as needed. Place your wallet.dat file back and resync.

If this does not work, please search for scrypt coin troubleshooting posts such as those for dogecoin. Since EduCoin is new, you will have a better chance at finding a solution by researching more broadly within the Scrypt class of coins.

--EduCoin Dev Team

p.s. Please share your results here or on Reddit so that everyone can support each other. Good luck.

I finally got around to it and now it works again, at first I deleted the file in the roaming folder (educoin) then the wallet folder , but it didn`t work , so I searched on google and most of them said wait for a new wallet to come out , but luckily I found a post which fixed my white wallet problem ,
so at first I deleted the wallet and the educoin folder like before then I cleaned the registry with tuneup utilities 2014 ,after that I restarted my pc and downloaded the wallet again , then I simply stared the wallet and it worked again, that was it .

Awesome feedback Tyson. I think the extra step you took that I did not do previously was using Tuneup Utilities 2014 to clean up the Registry. Way to go man! Looks like you found the key parts to getting other people's wallets running that are in the same situation. Thanks for following up!
教育币加油
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
hey educoin dev , I have a problem with my wallet
after my pc crashed last night I am unable to open my educoin wallet , when I start the wallet it is not responding ( all white )
I tried fixing it by deleting the educoin file in the roaming section and downloaded the wallet again ,but still the same problem
do you have any advice how to fix it

The most important step is to secure your wallet.dat file. If you haven't backed it up (everyone should backup) you can locate the original file in C:\users\"your computer username"\AppData\Roaming\Educoin  Move the wallet.dat file to somewhere safe.

Then delete the EduCoin folder and the client directory. Download a new copy of the wallet and run the file. Add conf details as needed. Place your wallet.dat file back and resync.

If this does not work, please search for scrypt coin troubleshooting posts such as those for dogecoin. Since EduCoin is new, you will have a better chance at finding a solution by researching more broadly within the Scrypt class of coins.

--EduCoin Dev Team

p.s. Please share your results here or on Reddit so that everyone can support each other. Good luck.

I finally got around to it and now it works again, at first I deleted the file in the roaming folder (educoin) then the wallet folder , but it didn`t work , so I searched on google and most of them said wait for a new wallet to come out , but luckily I found a post which fixed my white wallet problem ,
so at first I deleted the wallet and the educoin folder like before then I cleaned the registry with tuneup utilities 2014 ,after that I restarted my pc and downloaded the wallet again , then I simply stared the wallet and it worked again, that was it .
Activity: 210
We are waiting for two fixes for wallet KGW fix and SSL fix when we can expect?
Pages:
Jump to: