Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin® | 7% PoS | Foundation | Bittrex | Android - page 57. (Read 81907 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192
EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org
Activity: 121
Merit: 20
How often do you get EGC payouts from staking?

As gizfreak has said it works out to 7% a year. The frequency of payments will depend on how many coins are being staked. With around 1000EGC in a test wallet running 24/7 I get a reward around every 2-3 days (although sometimes it's longer if lots of others are staking).
legendary
Just wondering I started donating part of my stake to the EGC advertising crowdfund to help out. Any chance next wallet update stats could be added in the wallet similar to what we see in the explorer like total amount staked, date we started staking, amount donated to charity...etc

Would like to see how much I donated to charity to see if it's enough or to move the % up more.

Hi again smokim87,

First, thanks for donating to the advertising crowdfund! That help is greatly appreciated.

That is a very interesting idea and, yes, we certainly can look into adding it into a future release. That could be some very useful information, good idea.

Related to both, we are looking to add both better crowdfund and better charity information on the website. I would like to present this information in a easier-to-digest manner for non-technical people, summarizing. Do expect this is the near future. It has been previously discussed and I apologize the time has not been found to do it yet.

Thanks again for the suggestion! It has been recorded and documented in our Discord '#suggestions' channel.
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
Just wondering I started donating part of my stake to the EGC advertising crowdfund to help out. Any chance next wallet update stats could be added in the wallet similar to what we see in the explorer like total amount staked, date we started staking, amount donated to charity...etc

Would like to see how much I donated to charity to see if it's enough or to move the % up more.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, I was informed by energybin.com today that they can not allow us to advertise on their site. It seems the representative I was working with, Bill, was told by his management we could not. Bill's management felt this would be like advertising a bank (Walls Fargo was their example) to their customers and users on their energy component site.

I had spent a considerable amount of time explaining EverGreenCoin to Bill in prior days. At which time he did seem very receptive and I do think Bill is on our side. He did apologize for leading us to believe we would be able to advertise, but the decision was made by his management. Bill did say he would give us a free service directory listing. The service directory is a new feature, launched just weeks ago, that allegedly costs $1200 per year. Again, we are being asked to pay only $959. Because he mentioned a few months of free advertising previously, he did offer an additional 3 months, totaling 15 months.

I sincerely think we have been dealt a blow from FUD surrounding crypto in general. They are in for a half day tomorrow, not to return until Wednesday of next week. I will call and see if I can't talk to Bill's management and clear up any confusion. Yes the advertising was and is a big motivation for us to join. However; after much consideration, I do not think it alone should be a deal breaker. But yes, I will fight for it.

p.s. Community members that could not login earlier today, our evaluation account has been re-enabled until Saturday. You will now be able to login with the credentials I provided.
Sorry to hear that, was certainly worth trying - nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!

Thanks starmman.

I did call again today to push the issue. Bill did get off the phone with me to discuss it again with his management. I told them I would pay today if they would allowed it, hoping that might seal the deal and knowing the community would support that decision. Unfortunately, they did ultimately call me back to tell me they could not allow it. Their decision is not based on crypto FUD or distrust of EverGreenCoin, I stand corrected on that though I do sense crypto-uncertainty. It boils down to all of the advertising they do have is industry specific and they feel advertising something outside of that is not in the best interest of their users. Bill did ask me to ask the EverGreenCoin community to be understanding of that.

We will explore this and other options during tomorrow's meeting.

EDIT: I did sarcastically ask Bill if Walls Fargo is a paying customer. Wink He did get my point and I do feel he sincerely tried. An interesting thing, the CFO seemed to be the biggest resistance among his management.

Money talks, in any language.

Regardless of their so called policies, if they are paid enough, they will do. Simple math, and I wholeheartedly believe that. The CFO is a money driven entity in the company, and as such will have no issue taking on board these projects that endorse what EGC stand for, especially if he is going to be rich from it also. The issue here is that EGC is doing the 'right' thing for the environment and the world, but not the pockets of those that have the power to spread the word, purely because EGC is NOT a goliath of the financial industry, and doesn't have massively deep pockets.

Greed is a painful thing to deal with mate, and honestly, is better to stay away from regardless of how lucrative the advertising space may be. It is obvious what they are after, and it ISN'T about policies OR helping.

HELP is free, a SERVICE is usually NOT!

#crysx
legendary
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but, I was informed by energybin.com today that they can not allow us to advertise on their site. It seems the representative I was working with, Bill, was told by his management we could not. Bill's management felt this would be like advertising a bank (Walls Fargo was their example) to their customers and users on their energy component site.

I had spent a considerable amount of time explaining EverGreenCoin to Bill in prior days. At which time he did seem very receptive and I do think Bill is on our side. He did apologize for leading us to believe we would be able to advertise, but the decision was made by his management. Bill did say he would give us a free service directory listing. The service directory is a new feature, launched just weeks ago, that allegedly costs $1200 per year. Again, we are being asked to pay only $959. Because he mentioned a few months of free advertising previously, he did offer an additional 3 months, totaling 15 months.

I sincerely think we have been dealt a blow from FUD surrounding crypto in general. They are in for a half day tomorrow, not to return until Wednesday of next week. I will call and see if I can't talk to Bill's management and clear up any confusion. Yes the advertising was and is a big motivation for us to join. However; after much consideration, I do not think it alone should be a deal breaker. But yes, I will fight for it.

p.s. Community members that could not login earlier today, our evaluation account has been re-enabled until Saturday. You will now be able to login with the credentials I provided.
Sorry to hear that, was certainly worth trying - nothing ventured nothing gained as they say!

Thanks starmman.

I did call again today to push the issue. Bill did get off the phone with me to discuss it again with his management. I told them I would pay today if they would allowed it, hoping that might seal the deal and knowing the community would support that decision. Unfortunately, they did ultimately call me back to tell me they could not allow it. Their decision is not based on crypto FUD or distrust of EverGreenCoin, I stand corrected on that though I do sense crypto-uncertainty. It boils down to all of the advertising they do have is industry specific and they feel advertising something outside of that is not in the best interest of their users. Bill did ask me to ask the EverGreenCoin community to be understanding of that.

We will explore this and other options during tomorrow's meeting.

EDIT: I did sarcastically ask Bill if Walls Fargo is a paying customer. Wink He did get my point and I do feel he sincerely tried. An interesting thing, the CFO seemed to be the biggest resistance among his management.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
Allergic to false promises
I usually get a couple of payouts per day, but it depends upon how many EGC you have.
No matter how much time is between payouts, it's always 7% per year.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
I usually get a couple of payouts per day, but it depends upon how many EGC you have.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
legendary

legendary

legendary
Hi, I have been away from the forums for a while.

I just had to restore my EGC wallet from a backup, but now it looks like it's missing 60% of the coins.

It looks like they are being moved along with the staking for charity transfer. I am guessing its the change address. But why isn't it being restored along with the rest of my wallet, and how do I fix it?

Hi Kazadar, welcome back.

You should not be missing any coins. Your Staking for Charity options would be resorted to what they were at the point in time when you made the backup, change address (if any) included. This information is written in the wallet.dat file. Staking for Charity can be disabled at anytime.

Sorry you are having an issue. I am not sure I understand the issue completely. I will Personal Message you and help you get to the bottom of it.
legendary
Great things coming better be ready crypto space Smiley  Need to make you a gift Steven for EGC birthday Cheesy Continuing Support for EGC and Steven!! This guy is amazing.

Thank you for the kind words and continued support! Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Hi, I have been away from the forums for a while.

I just had to restore my EGC wallet from a backup, but now it looks like it's missing 60% of the coins.

It looks like they are being moved along with the staking for charity transfer. I am guessing its the change address. But why isn't it being restored along with the rest of my wallet, and how do I fix it?
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
Great things coming better be ready crypto space Smiley  Need to make you a gift Steven for EGC birthday Cheesy Continuing Support for EGC and Steven!! This guy is amazing.
legendary
Wow, great to heat about lots of awesome developments going on here - fantastic stuff =)

Thank you kindly for saying so! =)
legendary
I would like to setup staking on a virtual linux server. But I can not use any GUI like Gnome. anybody help plz?

You would want to follow these instructions: https://github.com/EverGreenCoinDev/EverGreenCoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.txt

You will need some shell experience. If you run into any issues, please do not hesitate to make a support ticket or ask as you have here. The EverGreenCoin community is a very helpful group by nature!
legendary
Wow, great to heat about lots of awesome developments going on here - fantastic stuff =)
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
I would like to setup staking on a virtual linux server. But I can not use any GUI like Gnome. anybody help plz?
legendary
Hi EverGreenCoin community,

It has been a very busy week, please do not misinterpret the lack of posts here. Sorry for the delay for last weekend's report, things have been very, very busy. Please allow this to suffice, though even days late. Let's see, where to begin... let me just jump into it. Allow me to apologize in advance for the length of the post.

A community member raised to attention at a community meeting energybin.com.

The community member thought it might be of value to EGC. After close inspection, I agree. It is a business-to-business energy component marketplace similar to the more-popular brokerbin.com. This will greatly benefit the EGC/IEO partnership with access to discounted components, but also could easily help the Solar Staker input costs and any other projects we may endeavor on in 2018. Another benefit I find very alluring is the ability for broadcast messages to be sent to other members (600+ companies, 1100+ users, 5 energybin staff). It does cost to join and we were quoted $959 for a year's membership. Because of our non profit status, Bill the representative I spoke with, said they would give EGC 3 free months of a footer banner ad. Only members can advertise on energybin.com and we think this would be a very good audience to advertise to. Footer banner ads would normally cost $150 per month. The side ads are $250 per month.

One catch, they would like us to pay by the end of the year. I do have another meeting with Bill scheduled for today. I want to ask questions about warranties. Bill and I did discuss EGC and our relevant projects already. He did seem very eager to work with EGC but, that said, he is a sales person. I would greatly appreciate input from the component-wise community members.

The community has expressed interest in advertising via Google AdWords, which I find as very good news. I have been wanting to advertise more mainstream and did save, and will now be happily using, coupons for adwords. $150 worth after the first $100. Both Bow and Frosty have already committed $500 each! Many, many thanks to them both and I of course can't go un-matching myself. $1650 reserved for adwords is going to bring many new eyes. This originally started as an idea to celebrate our 2nd anniversary, December 25th, 2017. Because that is only days away, this had to move quick. Approval takes 24 hours and could easily soon be slowed by the holidays. The below responsive ad is already under review now live with 42 clicks and 52,274 impressions as of the time of this writting with hopes of being live soon for the holidays and anniversary.

We also have an expanded text ad which will appear in search results under review was approved while I wrote this, 14 clicks and 773 impressions. Here are samples of that:

Currently we have this budgeted at $25 per day for the responsive ad and $15 per day for the search ad, but we can adjust that in the coming days and weeks. Please do consider contributing to our current advertising crowdfund. Especially Bcash holders. Wink I joke. On a much more serious note:

Another recent event I am pleased, but mostly honored, to announce is EverGreenCoin is now coordinating efforts to help a refugee camp in Kakuma, Kenya build a learning center. We have been working particularly hard to communicate with furniture stores and hardware stores this week, but I fear the holidays may already be a speed bump on gathering information. Regular attendees of the community meetings will know, I myself was very skeptical at first as I am sure some of you are. After 2 months of communication with Lyama Amadi I do feel confident of the validity and urgent needs. Lyama has also demonstrated great determination. I will get some of the pictures and videos he has shared uploaded to this page in the very near future. I apologize more information is not yet posted and I apologize if my original skepticism delayed what could be amazing promotional pictures for EverGreenCoin's anniversary. I almost feel guilty for doing this but, EGC and IEO shirts are being shipped to the refugee camp. As gifts, yes. But with the hopes of good pictures for promotion. I think all of us will agree, we take a lot for granted, when you see some of their conditions.

During last Saturday's meeting we also discussed many 'Buzz Initiatives' for Honey Bees. While this is roadmaped for Q3, action is needed in Q1 to realize those. As of now we have plans for 6 bee hives and the queen bees do need placed in the Spring. But we are working on plans to make many more hives and sell those on the marketplace, though those plans are not concrete as of now. Community members with expertise in bee-keeping or bee hive building are invited, rather asked, to join us. As of now we have 2 bee-keepers committed to help us and I plan to install a bee hive, at least one, at EGC HQ. These initiatives are aimed to: help our great pollinators, create demand with products and produce purchased with EGC (honey, hives, ultimately supplies), expand into this area, and join forces with and gain exposure with and from well-known bee activists. Many of which are active in permaculture and other fields that community members have expressed interest in. Honey Bee initiatives will fall under the Gardens branch, and like all branches, work under the coordination of the foundation. Fully utilizing both the incorporation status and tax-exempt status.

As members' of the community on Discord and Telegram know, things have been very busy thus far this week. Most of the community-wide discussions occur on those two and if you have not joined, please do. Many thanks to the community members that field questions and comments in my absence. Our community is growing fast!

Things are shaping up to be a happy anniversary and holidays! The next community meeting will be December 23rd at 17:00 GMT. Sorry for the slow status report from the prior. Things have been that hectic for me and I did want to have some of the discussions materialized before reporting. Til then, well, you know where to find me! Thanks for the continued support!

p.s. I almost forget, we have two raffles ongoing. Entries have already been purchased for both, winners will be drawn as planned this Saturday. But the odds are still worth an EGC or 2 (~50 cents or ~$1  Grin, looking forward to 2018! )
Pages:
Jump to: