Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ELT] Electron, Blake-256 coin, merged mined - page 6. (Read 56435 times)

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
Twitter: @CrowdWhale
Can this be merged mined with all of the other blakecoins?

Yes.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Can this be merged mined with all of the other blakecoins?
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
Thanks Kramble, I will give the vangen a try.
For github, I am using the windows client and it annoyingly won't let me make an src/obj directory. I will try to make it on Ubuntu.  
May I send some ELT your way as a token of appreciation?

I'm not a github expert either, am using windows client myself. BlueDragon may be able to help though. Or just put a note in the README (most users don't bother with the daemon I expect).

All donations are gratefully received. Might as well use eKramgtvXd45wgW3HYNCtUyPm5uqTXzHyz (eating my own dogfood  Wink )
Why would Poloniex list it? Bittrex was going to ditch it until people (including myself) asked them not to. Now I'm several BTC in the hole and wondering how I could be such an idiot. You think Bittrex is going to keep this coin listed with no volume?
Activity: 521
Hi, Electron Dev.
How are you?
Spirit for you. Go the moon!!
I hope Electron can return the coin to the top market position in Bittrex.
Also I hope you can apply your coin on Poloniex.
Good Luck !! Good job!!
Thank you
Put in a request to be listed on Poloniex.  Will keep everybody posted when the voting starts.
There are a couple things in the works. Stay tuned.

What things? You're buying the coin on every exchange at 1500 sats while keeping your activity secret. This is the definition of a ninja launch.

---> What couple things? <---
Sorry, I though I was pretty public about what I am working on. They are listed in the op.  Current projects are the website, online wallet, and twitter tipbot.  I am doing my best to support ELT prices with my own BTCs.  If people would prefer I don't do it, I'd be happy not to. I have given away over 20,000 ELTs. 
Vanitygen for electron

Continuing from the blakecoin thread ...

Ok, thanks kramble.  Electron should be almost the same as blakecoin, except with using 92 as the address starting instead of 26 for BLC. The hashing part was untouched.

OK, it should just work using ./vanitygen -F compressed -X 92 pattern (using my hacked version at https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner/tree/master/vanitygen) EDIT: No it won't work as is, since the blake checksum is only applied to -X 26. You'll need to change util.c (see the previous commit for the file), around line 129. EDIT2: Also vanitygen.c line 397 may need changing. So I've got three variants of the code to check, need to compile an electron wallet first (2 hour job on raspi, quicker on ubuntu, once I sort out a VM for it). EDIT3: That took longer than I expected. Yes, both changes are needed, I'll take this onto your thread now as it's OT here.

Give it a try (check if the electron wallet will import the private key, and that the resulting address is the same as the one generated). Also try sending some coin to the addresss, then import the private key (into an empty wallet) and try spending the coin.

Mogrith: Doing a paper wallet (like bitaddress.org) is beyond my skill set, but a competent web/javascript developer should be able to do it easily. It just needs a javascript version of blake256, 8 round variant (which is the slightly tricky bit) to do the custom checksum.

I've tested this using the electrond daemon on unbuntu 12.04 (not tested sending any coin yet I have tasted my own dogfood and it's yummy ELT to eKram and eKram to eCoin)

You need to start with my hacked version of vanitygen from https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner/tree/master/vanitygen

You will need to compile it yourself (works ok on raspi and ubuntu, not tested on windows), but first edit two files:
util.c line 129, change if (blake_flag == 26) to if (1)
vanitygen.c line 397, change if (addrtype == 26) to if (1)
make vanitygen (OK on ubuntu, but raspi needs the top line of Makefile editing to remove -march=native)

Now run it
./vanitygen -F compressed -X 92 eCoin

And annoyingly, it works fine on raspi but takes a while to get going on ubuntu. Perhaps because I ran it in a VM?

As a side issue, you need to make a couple of changes in your git repo to fix the daemon build
mkdir src/obj
chmod +x src/leveldb/build_detect_platform

Thanks Kramble, I will give the vangen a try.
For github, I am using the windows client and it annoyingly won't let me make an src/obj directory. I will try to make it on Ubuntu. 
May I send some ELT your way as a token of appreciation?

What things? You're buying the coin on every exchange at 1500 sats while keeping your activity secret. This is the definition of a ninja launch.

---> What couple things? <---
Activity: 384
Merit: 250
Vanitygen for electron

Continuing from the blakecoin thread ...

Ok, thanks kramble.  Electron should be almost the same as blakecoin, except with using 92 as the address starting instead of 26 for BLC. The hashing part was untouched.

OK, it should just work using ./vanitygen -F compressed -X 92 pattern (using my hacked version at https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner/tree/master/vanitygen) EDIT: No it won't work as is, since the blake checksum is only applied to -X 26. You'll need to change util.c (see the previous commit for the file), around line 129. EDIT2: Also vanitygen.c line 397 may need changing. So I've got three variants of the code to check, need to compile an electron wallet first (2 hour job on raspi, quicker on ubuntu, once I sort out a VM for it). EDIT3: That took longer than I expected. Yes, both changes are needed, I'll take this onto your thread now as it's OT here.

Give it a try (check if the electron wallet will import the private key, and that the resulting address is the same as the one generated). Also try sending some coin to the addresss, then import the private key (into an empty wallet) and try spending the coin.

Mogrith: Doing a paper wallet (like bitaddress.org) is beyond my skill set, but a competent web/javascript developer should be able to do it easily. It just needs a javascript version of blake256, 8 round variant (which is the slightly tricky bit) to do the custom checksum.

I've tested this using the electrond daemon on unbuntu 12.04 (not tested sending any coin yet I have tasted my own dogfood and it's yummy ELT to eKram and eKram to eCoin)

You need to start with my hacked version of vanitygen from https://github.com/kramble/FPGA-Blakecoin-Miner/tree/master/vanitygen

You will need to compile it yourself (works ok on raspi and ubuntu, not tested on windows), but first edit two files:
util.c line 129, change if (blake_flag == 26) to if (1)
vanitygen.c line 397, change if (addrtype == 26) to if (1)
make vanitygen (OK on ubuntu, but raspi needs the top line of Makefile editing to remove -march=native)

Now run it
./vanitygen -F compressed -X 92 eCoin

And annoyingly, it works fine on raspi but takes a while to get going on ubuntu. Perhaps because I ran it in a VM?

As a side issue, you need to make a couple of changes in your git repo to fix the daemon build
mkdir src/obj
chmod +x src/leveldb/build_detect_platform
volume is soo low man... How long are we allowed to be on bittrex?
Regardless, do we have a place to communicate and interact with one another other than BTCtalk? seems like no community or development here.. PLease correct me if I'm wrong... Smiley
Would people prefer a separate forum?  I am cool with using this forum and CCT as the main forums.
Activity: 196
volume is soo low man... How long are we allowed to be on bittrex?
Regardless, do we have a place to communicate and interact with one another other than BTCtalk? seems like no community or development here.. PLease correct me if I'm wrong... Smiley
Particle and molecule have already been done, so I suppose that limited your choice a bit. I like electron.

Yeah, I guess so.  Hopefully Electron will stick...
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Particle and molecule have already been done, so I suppose that limited your choice a bit. I like electron.
I must appreciate that u have chosen a good name (Electron) that would attract physicists.
Thanks, me too. It started as a play on the other coin in the family (photon).  It is meant to convey speed too. On the physics side of thing, is photon faster thank electron?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
I must appreciate that u have chosen a good name (Electron) that would attract physicists.
You can't buy them all at the price they would be worth if this project were advancing at a reasonable pace. Why start a public/final blockchain and put it on several exchanges if your development timeline is a year out?
There are a number of investors expressing an interest in a hard fork which maintains the blockchain. I don't see anything really happening with development and while the dev seems like a nice enough guy there are real investments which need to be protected.

Thoughts?

I am 100% against a hard fork at this time. I don't see any reason for it. If someone wants to fork the coin, please remove any logos, graphics, names, that resemble Electron.  I certainly will not support it. My plan is to develop over the first year while the blockchain and user base mature.  I am prepared to buy all the coins that are mined in the first year, if that's what people want, as in sell their coins to me.
I just download the .qt
maybe it would be great if there is a medium ELT logo below available balance on "overview" tab.  because most of qt look so similar.

Got it, will look into it
Hi, Electron Dev.
How are you?
Spirit for you. Go the moon!!
I hope Electron can return the coin to the top market position in Bittrex.
Also I hope you can apply your coin on Poloniex.
Good Luck !! Good job!!
Thank you

Thanks for the encouragement.  Poloniex is next up on exchanges to pursue.  There will be a voting drive, please stay tuned.
There are a number of investors expressing an interest in a hard fork which maintains the blockchain. I don't see anything really happening with development and while the dev seems like a nice enough guy there are real investments which need to be protected.

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: