Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 339. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 254
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
Hi, I downloaded latest wallet (in about - it said v0.8.7.1)
but I couldn't make it work properly, it never finish syncing with a network,
I tried with -reindex at least 5-6 times, starts from begining and it always stuck at some point,
right now it stuck at 92821 block, and it don't go from there?

I saw somewhere lay nodes for .conf file, please search in this thread. Or wait when devs reply.

p.s.
BTW please write in OP nodes for .conf. Many people still make questions about "cant sync, what to do"
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Hi, I downloaded latest wallet (in about - it said v0.8.7.1)
but I couldn't make it work properly, it never finish syncing with a network,
I tried with -reindex at least 5-6 times, starts from begining and it always stuck at some point,
right now it stuck at 92821 block, and it don't go from there?
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Cobra...
You are pretty close to understanding what we are about, and that is appreciated, because it shows the community who developed interest did so with a clear understanding of our approach. I should note, some of the things traditional cryptocurrencies do, we also want to do. We are trying to get some vendors in line, specifically those with a science focus.

We are under the framework of an ethical coin. We are mission focused, and with that part of our mission is being part of the alternative funding framework for science.  We are trying to provide some real world benefit, and in many ways help improve the image of CC and introduce people new to the concept. This is not easy work in many ways.

I will be the first to say, this coin is not for everybody. Nonprofit activities which are directly related to the stated purpose of the project are not for everybody, nor are ethical currencies in general, the intended purpose is to build a community around the coin and the goals of the foundation. Ultimately, this is where the concept is different, both we are trying to building a community around that purpose, but also trying to create value around such community and purpose. Much of what needs to be done around this takes time, and works in real world times not in a rapid time warp. This is a somewhat novel concept itself, but also takes on traditional aspects which require work.  Building a community can take months, getting everything in place for a nonprofit, takes time, development takes time, negotiating with potential partners...takes time.

Right now there is a great many people chasing the latest scam in terms of short term profits and rapid evaluations, often on hefty pre-mines and questionable IPOs, and a general lack of transparency. Even in the speculative world of CC, right now the market is behaving very irrationally, and short term, often with no real identifiable benefit. We have no intention of following that if all it offers is short term gains for some, and a distraction from our actual goals and mission of the organization and building it. The purpose of being an ethical currency is to provide a different framework of working seperate from this insanity, and to provide some effort to achieve identifiable goals related to the stated purpose. The reality is us, like other ethical coins, is to provide some alternative to the irrational insanity that has come to define much of the market. Those who understand what we are doing see the value in this.

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
Only one guys spraying Fud there, ,just this coin doesn't have the 'hype' for now,but it will come,Dev are active,everything work great,only a question of time there !  Smiley

Great time to buy Smiley
Activity: 289
Merit: 250
Of course some people will try to apply the same model to EMC2 as in other coins, i.e. why would I mine this when it is going nowhere while xyz is so profitable. With 380 being the floor I hope to see value increase gradually as the sudden spikes are not healthy and only attract the wrong type of people to the coin. This type of person does not care about what it stands for or what it is doing behind the scenes for science. Some people will only ever care about profit.

If I make something by holding EMC2 for the long term great, and if not that is ok too as it was for a good cause. The part that hooked me in this coin was voting on science projects and receiving feedback on how the funding award had an impact on their project. These last two epochs and associated projects have been very interesting and I find myself checking back to stay updated with the status of these projects.

In my opinion EMC2 wasn't designed to be a crypto where the goal is to get it accepted everywhere like most coins. This is a niche where the focus is on helping science and not becoming a traditional crypto currency like the rest. Many people donate computer resources for good causes like in boinc, protein folding etc, EMC2 feels like it is in line with that more than anything. It is a tough balancing act as the coin needs to have value to help the projects and if the majority don't see that personal gain they will not care to participate with value staying stagnate. I look at EMC2 as a "tool" to help accomplish a goal of allowing someone to use PC resources to help fund a science project without coming up with traditional fiat on their own, each little bit helps. The goal here is to help others without primary focus on personal gain.

If a person does not believe in EMC2 at all why not just pick a different coin to focus on, posting in this thread is not needed.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
legendary
Activity: 43

to Armis: If you are so pissed by EMC2, why don't you just quit, dump all you have and leave this community alone? What are you or anyone here gaining with such non-stop bitching and badmouthing about EMC2? I see none.

If I did as you suggest the coin would sink to 100 sat in a day, at which point I could repurchase it at the new low price if desired; however such actions would be vindictive, irresponsible, and reckless -- I don't do that.

Lucif3r it's encouraging to know that you, and your devilish spirit, are on that side of the issue; nevertheless if you don't like what I write who's encouraging you to read it?  Did someone remove the 'ignore' button?  Are you unaware of the other places to do your cheerleading?   You have many ways to NOT read what I write, yet you concern yourself with trying to limit my privileged of speaking as I see fit.

If the CC was performing properly there would be no need for constructive criticism, or for the cheerleading squad to be out in full force doing damage control.  Too many of you care more about the aesthetics than the vitals, good vitals attract good people to come, pay, play, and stay.  

The present situation didn't occur as a result of forum posts, or any outside force, it happened because someone negligently overmilked the cash-cow.

Instead of cheerleading feed the cow!

Activity: 180
Merit: 100
ECF
Activity: 42

Website | Twitter  | Bitcointalk

Hi,EMC2 Community

We have added your coin to ECOINFUND vote list.(http://www.ecoinfund.com/vote
an effective vote will cost 10 ECFC; repeating vote are allowed; the Exchange Market will be open as soon as the voting reach 1000.!
ECFC is the fee share program launched by Ecoinfund. Ecoinfund will commit 50% of trade revenue to ECFC program. (highest on market ECFC Details)

Here the ways of getting ECFC:
1. buy the ECFC through our ECFC/BTC or ECFC/LTC market.
2. taking part into our GIVEAWAY.

Big ECFC GIVEAWAY before 10.May
Tweet this green text on your own twitter account then recive 20 ECFC;
ecoinfund.com |New Exchange,multi-language support,Earn 20 ECFC(fee shares) by every retweet before 10 May,don't miss the train!
Pls post your twitter link and Ecoinfund ID on  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annexchange-ecoinfundmulti-language-alt-coin-exchange-official-thread-501030 ,you will get 20 ECFC!

Happy trading !
legendary
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Make sure you copy and backup wallet.dat.
Also make sure you have the updated wallet.
Activity: 266
is there a wallet problem - I had not fired up my wallet in three weeks and it made good progress until 2 days behind and it's been sitting on 2 days behind for nearly four hours. I think I'm just gonna nuke it and start all over.
Activity: 266
Jump to: