Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 365. (Read 1076368 times)

legendary
Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000
No good deed goes unpunished
Our prices tend to oscilate in a specific range with a pretty heavy trading cycle, but not radically so, and there is a degree of gradual increase. Even before this was mentioned. Price oscilations are kind of in the realm of coins.

EMC2 is backed by several smaller whales and some newly minted ones from Black Coin rush. I don't like to brag, but EMC2 trading margins have been a blessing, 3 exchanges, was lovely to keep price steady and growing while making a few % and re-investing in EMC2, while continuing to mine .. keeps my mining profit very steady.

EMC2 mining profits are much better than CoinWarz likes to think, provided you are not there to dump at 1st chance.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Our prices tend to oscilate in a specific range with a pretty heavy trading cycle, but not radically so, and there is a degree of gradual increase. Even before this was mentioned. Price oscilations are kind of in the realm of coins.

Onto the nonprofit, it is more important at this stage for viability than most people understand, in fact it is an absolutely necessary step to move forward as an organization and has been in the works since we launched. Considering we are one of the few coins with an a clearly stated mission, incoming revenue, and an identifiable funding goal with a real world benefit. This incoming revenue for charitable purposes though is why this was critical.  In an era when there are heavily pre-mined coins with questionable goals, establishing both our mission, but also formalizing our organization is important early in our lifecycle rather than later. There are far to many scams right now, as such transparency becomes a critical factor in sustaining not just our mission but the coin in general. There have been far to many coins designed around short term gains of the developers and questionable motives. Formalizing the organization and identifying it's participants should be something in the checklist. Part of the reason it is even "news" is far too few make this effort, even though in some ways it should be seen as a necessity. Building something real and beneficial is something that is often not something even thought about.  It is often just a poorly constructed webpage, and nothing identifiably beneficial that would come from what is being created. What we are putting forth is a new model, a new model that takes work, but we believe is not only beneficial, but necessary.

Activity: 251
Merit: 250
Oh damn,It seems My 6950 doesn't anymore want work for me Sad

Too much Science over my GPU

1month and 2 week of good work on EMC2,RIP

Damn that sucks! My 6950 has being hashing for over 2 years now luckily, and it was an rma from a 5870.

Once i thought it died, psu failed and cables melted inside the connector, but once I scrapped off the burnt plastic it started hashing again.

I also run my fans at 80-85% and if temps get high in summer I lower the intensity a bit.
legendary
we re next guys. but when?
so what I gonna do when the whale ll come for us is dump. sell bunch at high. you can't resist to. be honest! this is nature of *coins

There are trading whales and there are mining whales.

Whale Miners tend to be more cautious and picky what they mine and are quite happy to dump on any pump knowing they still have reserves and buy when it calms down, and as long as price doesn't spike, the mining is secure and not being worked by switching pools for a quick buck.

PoW coins are about to face a serious stress test and only the steady growth will attract smart miners, who are happy to sell in a day or 3 and get 10% more.
legendary
Activity: 1988
so what I gonna do when the whale ll come for us is dump. sell bunch at high. you can't resist to. be honest! this is nature of *coins

Seriously,I resist Smiley

Or sell only a small part on all our coin <10%
Activity: 243
reality overcomes
legendary
Oh damn,It seems My 6950 doesn't anymore want work for me Sad

Too much Science over my GPU

1month and 2 week of good work on EMC2,RIP
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
That's true.... happened to doge after it halved and never recovered since. It used to easile be traded for 200+ sats even on a bad day. When it halved, instead of the prices doubling, the miners left for other coins that could be sold for more profit. The whole miner psychology is usually never long term. Its to be sold in 2-3 days and if next day you made half the coins, but nobody want to pay double the price for it, its on a downhill path. Profit calculators websites will further accellerate it.

Almost exactly the same time as the halving (and the start of the price drop) is when Doge was changed to be 5% inflationary forever. I think that is the real reason for the long downtrend.

In case of doge is the hype fading away.
But the market usually thinks ahead about the halving so by the time it occurs it's already priced in.
legendary
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
You guys talking about good "long term news" but "bad short term news".... There is no such thing in markets. Markets adjust as knowledge about it is made public.

Unfortunately, people don't see the true value of being an NPO at this stage.

Btw, seriously, the "announcement of a news" has no reason to be. It can only have negative effects. Announce something or dont, don't announce an announcement.
legendary

No seeing much of a sell off... http://crypto-prices.com/EMC2  Smiley

What does everyone think the halving will do to prices?

It's hard to tell. Some would think after halving, price would increase to compensate the coin reward reduction. However, if price does not increase, less people would be inclined to mine since profit is halved as well. That would suck big time!.

You are just hoping it will dip so you can buy back.  I don't think it will.  EMC2 has too much going on and you will end up chasing it like people did with blackcoin.

-tb-

Blackcoin has its own self sustaining ecosystem of sorts. EMC has none of that.... I would be a fool to buy it once if it starts dipping after the halving. There is basically no return from there unless a "speculation friendly" announcement is made for the traders to show interest. ..

EMC2 is a miner's coin, and margin traders and has done very very well in the face of BC onslaught and gone up. Some of us have vested interests in finding the next LTC/DOGE/FTC and raise it to 200 diff and let 30GHs pool take it from there.

Could say EMC2 is a boring coin, but that's why we like it.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

It's hard to tell. Some would think after halving, price would increase to compensate the coin reward reduction. However, if price does not increase, less people would be inclined to mine since profit is halved as well. That would suck big time!

Anyway, EMC2 is doing great. I have not seen it's pumped to the moon then dumped to the core of the earth like many other coins. Instead, it's steadily growing. It's the only coin I trust to hold some for the future.

I wish all the best for this coin, for the foundation and the wonderful community we have.

That's true.... happened to doge after it halved and never recovered since. It used to easile be traded for 200+ sats even on a bad day. When it halved, instead of the prices doubling, the miners left for other coins that could be sold for more profit. The whole miner psychology is usually never long term. Its to be sold in 2-3 days and if next day you made half the coins, but nobody want to pay double the price for it, its on a downhill path. Profit calculators websites will further accellerate it.

You are just hoping it will dip so you can buy back.  I don't think it will.  EMC2 has too much going on and you will end up chasing it like people did with blackcoin.

-tb-

Blackcoin has its own self sustaining ecosystem of sorts. EMC has none of that.... I would be a fool to buy it once if it starts dipping after the halving. There is basically no return from there unless a "speculation friendly" announcement is made for the traders to show interest. A majority of the miners are already lost to other coins... prices going up will be completely dependent on hype and announcements then... and I simply don't think EMC long term type values are in sync with traders looking for the best time to buy/sell and hop trains without getting burnt.

Ok, BC is going down very fast right now and u think it is because of the ecosystem or whatsoever!? How about LTC and PPC, which eco blah blah did LTC and PPC got?

Blackcoin is being dumped hard, proving it was just another pump & dump scheme - which by the way has always been obvious.
Coins losing value after that they halve is kind of paradoxical but it happens, since miners consider them just a way to make money.
EMC2 might behave differently since its goal is not just to make a few quick bucks but to fund science, and its price is growing as the community grows. So if the price growth is a "healthy" one (caused by the growth of the community), price halving should produce a price increase. It may eventually cause a momentary drop as dumb speculators leave, but it should logically grow (and grow very much!) in the long term, as the science loving community behind this coin and its goals grows in time.
Activity: 406

It's hard to tell. Some would think after halving, price would increase to compensate the coin reward reduction. However, if price does not increase, less people would be inclined to mine since profit is halved as well. That would suck big time!

Anyway, EMC2 is doing great. I have not seen it's pumped to the moon then dumped to the core of the earth like many other coins. Instead, it's steadily growing. It's the only coin I trust to hold some for the future.

I wish all the best for this coin, for the foundation and the wonderful community we have.

You are just hoping it will dip so you can buy back.  I don't think it will.  EMC2 has too much going on and you will end up chasing it like people did with blackcoin.

-tb-

Blackcoin has its own self sustaining ecosystem of sorts. EMC has none of that.... I would be a fool to buy it once if it starts dipping after the halving. There is basically no return from there unless a "speculation friendly" announcement is made for the traders to show interest. A majority of the miners are already lost to other coins... prices going up will be completely dependent on hype and announcements then... and I simply don't think EMC long term type values are in sync with traders looking for the best time to buy/sell and hop trains without getting burnt.

Ok, BC is going down very fast right now and u think it is because of the ecosystem or whatsoever!? How about LTC and PPC, which eco blah blah did LTC and PPC got?
Activity: 280

-tb-

Activity: 574
Being able to create a bank account as an npo is actually gonna be real nice. Team members wont have to deal with using their own money once donations start getting larg. AND its gonna make things even more transparent about where the money collected is at all times, making future investors more comfortable as well
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Looks like a pump has started on Cryptsy. High quantity of trades and buy walls are getting eaten up! Get in before it's too late!
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain

-tb-
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Almost exactly the same time as the halving (and the start of the price drop) is when Doge was changed to be 5% inflationary forever. I think that is the real reason for the long downtrend.
Activity: 280

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

Jump to: