Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][EST 2014] Rimbit - We removed mining so its just the community and coin - page 14. (Read 26080 times)

legendary
Activity: 1007
Merit: 1010
★YoBit.Net★
Rimbit [RBT] is listed: https://yobit.net/en/trade/RBT/BTC
Rimbit Dice: https://yobit.net/en/dice/RBT

Code:
[url=https://yobit.net/en/trade/RBT/BTC][img]https://yobit.net/i/small_logo.png[/img][/url]
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
Imagine Bitcoin without Mining - We did and we built it

All you did was clone Novacoin.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
who or what the f... did the translation on your danish website ?!?  it sucks big time, no dane will take this serious ..
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I still can not understand the idea of currency or its innovation.
Activity: 644
IRONX - Fully regulated World-Class Exchange
Interesting that all of the "supporters" of this coin only have single digit activity. I guess this coin draws a lot of BCT newbs... LMFAO
Activity: 392
TimSweat
What exchange is this listed on ?
Activity: 353
Rimbit - No mining, just development
We have had a few other stumbling blocks, but as a community, everyone is informed and we try and resolve issues as quick as possible Smiley

As an early Rimbit holder, I am amazed at how quickly the issues have been resolved.  It's great to have a forum where all questions get some sort of answer that makes sense.

We are rebuilding the .com website to enable more features on it as well as including Author status

In the meantime, please use the forum at www.rimbitforum.com
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
We have had a few other stumbling blocks, but as a community, everyone is informed and we try and resolve issues as quick as possible Smiley

As an early Rimbit holder, I am amazed at how quickly the issues have been resolved.  It's great to have a forum where all questions get some sort of answer that makes sense.
Activity: 25
What have you been using rimbit for?

Mostly tipping, if I see a post I like and they have their Rimbit address in their signature, I might send a few coins their way. I've also done some trading on the exchanges. One of the reasons I never got into bitcoin was because getting money on an exchange is usually tedious/expensive, and there's not much local use near me. Using Rimbit finally got me into getting some bitcoin. There's only two places I know of that you can use Rimbit as payment(a bar in the Caribbean and a store who's location I don't recall at the moment), but I know that will grow in the future. There's a buy/sell forum and there have been ads posted, but I don't recall any actually happening. I'm hoping to offer some Carolina Reapers for sale next summer.
It has not always been smooth sailing

When we tested our Rimbit wallet for the first time (early 2014) in preparation for the main launch, the wallet at that time was pretty much more of a Bitcoin copy that a smattering of other Coin code.

Initially we started selling Rimbit at the completion of the initial mining but as we left the miners running to continue to confirm and verify transactions, we hit a massive issue.

What we discovered was once all the coins where generated and the miners left to run, that it suddenly looped back to the original coin count and began mining new coins again.
So we went from the code specified 360 million coins and then after the loop, it began mining another 360 million coins, which completely destroyed the purpose of Rimbit as we now had 720 million coins.

We contacted some of the top devs of Bitcoin and warned them of our findings. Apparently its a known issue.
Whether is been resolved or not by Bitcoin, we dont know but we do speculate that it is partly a reason why there is a need for Bitcoin to do a hard fork.

We looked at some of the fixes we needed to implement and the options where to hard fork Rimbit or just start from scratch again.

We chose the latter as it was easier for us to do that, than continue with the current wallet.

So in mid-late 2014, we took the old Rimbit wallet offline and asked everyone to move over to the new wallet and the transition was fairly simple, albeit with a lot of support help which we where more than happy to do in record time.

Activity: 148
Merit: 10
One thing I love about Rimbit is the generation of interest on the holdings in your unlocked wallet. For the first year it was 10%. This was paid periodically based on the number of RBT that one owns.

Now it has dropped back to 5% and will stay at that number forever. It is great to watch my total increasing weekly as free RBT are minted (generated) as we call it.
As Rimbit has been around for a year now, many of the members have expressed interest in certain topics.

One of those topics is gaming and as such, we setup a forum category to address these discussions.

Every now and then we have events on private servers such as some CS:GO gameplay and some Sim Racing.

This weekend, some of the Rimbit Forum members will be racing Assetto Corsa and anyone reading this post is more than welcome to join.

The Forum post is here at http://rimbitforum.com/topic/2273-rimbit-race-weekend-2/ that outlines the times, entry fee and prizemoney

Cheers
For those with Raspberry Pi's, we do have a wallet that was built by one of the Rimbit members...
http://rimbitforum.com/files/category/1-wallets/

We are also looking at creating some wallets for QNAP and other commercial NAS systems in the very near future ... Smiley

If your a dev and would like to help out... we would appreciate the contribution and perhaps you would be interested in becoming part of the team
This isn't a new coin. It's been out Since January.  Total supply = 391,128,221  http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/rimbit/#charts

The way to get coins is to buy them initially from Rimbit.  It was 100 percent premined.

You are correct....
We looked at every scenario we could to not go down that path, but at every turn it did point to a premine...

Mining does create the perfect avenue for distribution and by removing it, we did have to figure out an alternative...

Free was not an option as it provided neither any intrinsic value, nor a financial avenue for continued development

We have had to struggle at every turn and now we are finding that we need to be involved in many more exchanges to take the coin to the next level.

So we decided that the only way to get a "fair go" at being listed with exchanges, is to become public on this forum...
Activity: 33
Personally i have been using it for my Rimbit faucet, just like bitcoin in its first couple of years the value had to grow before it can really be used. Although it may not be worth much today, I cant wait till its worth something in the near future Smiley
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
I've been using Rimbit for over a year, and I've been happy with my coins. I think mining was a good idea to get bitcoin started, but it's mostly done by large mining farms now. The average user of bitcoin just buys and sells(and uses as currency) without mining, and personally I think that is the way to go for new altcoins out there. All my transactions are  fast, community support is great, and the creator of the coin is very active and helpful. There are occasional hiccups but because it's funded by sales there are paid developers to work on problems and further development.

What have you been using rimbit for?
Activity: 7
That's a really good summary! Nice to see a fair comparison without any sledging as seems to be the case in most crypto articles or forums.

I also have some Rimbit from the IGG campaign. Been great seeing how the community has grown over the past 12 or so months. Hopefully more people jump on board and adopt some Rimbit!
Activity: 25
I've been using Rimbit for over a year, and I've been happy with my coins. I think mining was a good idea to get bitcoin started, but it's mostly done by large mining farms now. The average user of bitcoin just buys and sells(and uses as currency) without mining, and personally I think that is the way to go for new altcoins out there. All my transactions are  fast, community support is great, and the creator of the coin is very active and helpful. There are occasional hiccups but because it's funded by sales there are paid developers to work on problems and further development.
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
Actually it has been out since May 2014. Just passed 1 year.

The prices on the Rimbit forum store and IndieGoGo are general identical, so whichever is easier.
Pages:
Jump to: