Author

Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM - page 126. (Read 189458 times)

Activity: 455
Merit: 250
May 30, 2017, 11:39:26 PM
Blake2s is has the most optimized miners for nvidia.  There are tons of mining farms with amd rigs and ASIC machines will destroy it too.

I think as far as being fair and decentralized it's the best bet.  There are other decent algos, like Scrypt-Jane.

But keeping the miners that just want to rape coins will keep them somewhat "chained" them down.

Activity: 306
Merit: 106
May 29, 2017, 11:47:21 PM
I think something like blake2s would be a good option.  It's a really good algo.

Why? What makes one algo better than the other? Again, excuse my ignorance, thats why I am asking.
Activity: 455
May 29, 2017, 04:30:10 PM
I think something like blake2s would be a good option.  It's a really good algo.
May 29, 2017, 02:14:30 PM
ASIC algo from the get go?

Which genius told you that  Huh

Aren't the issues obvious?

Your chain will fork whenever a asic farm decides to rape you and blocktimes will vary from seconds to hours.  Shocked
(ever heard of a 51% attack - for asic farms it will be easy to control 90%+ for a short amount of time)
NO difficulty adjusting code can manage a few 1000% (yes thousand) hashrate swings a few times a day ...

ANY coin which isn't the algos main coin like BTC, LTC and DASH has HUGE problems.

If you want ASICs as soon as possible chose an algo which probably will have one within 1-2 years and make it a natural transition. eg. Blake or some other x algo

The project otherwise sounds really great.

Just out of my own ignorance and curiosity, can you elaborate on this? If I understand correctly, your suggesting using something like a SHA algo right? Or am I totally wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
May 29, 2017, 05:14:31 AM

Your chain will fork whenever a asic farm decides to rape you and blocktimes will vary from seconds to hours.  Shocked
(ever heard of a 51% attack - for asic farms it will be easy to control 90%+ for a short amount of time)
NO difficulty adjusting code can manage a few 1000% (yes thousand) hashrate swings a few times a day ...

ANY coin which isn't the algos main coin like BTC, LTC and DASH has HUGE problems.

If you want ASICs as soon as possible chose an algo which probably will have one within 1-2 years and make it a natural transition. eg. Blake or some other x algo

Yeah, I am with you on that... I wanted Nist5 or Blake2s personally, but apparently everyone and their mom has an X11 asic and they out voted just about everyone on the algo, so it has already been set at x11 unfortunately (to my knowledge anyway).

what?!?!?! ...

wt-hell is x11 going to be doing with helium? ... who voted? ... i wasnt aware of ANY of this ...

so an asic heavy system that will kill almost every gpu user? ... not a smart move ...

as for the rest of the plans for hlm - damn good ... but x11? ... seriously guys - i would have voted against it in a heartbeat had i known anything about anything thats going on here ...

to hell with slack ... im not happy this is the way i have to find out ...

o well ...

#crysx

I'll catch-up with you on skype.
Activity: 617
Merit: 528
May 28, 2017, 04:07:53 PM
Not to mention the hordes of people maintaining a GPU rig for the fun of it. I'd rather see this start off with a GPU friendly algo. If not for the issues mentioned above, then for the sake of keeping the community aboard.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
May 28, 2017, 05:11:21 AM

Yeah, I am with you on that... I wanted Nist5 or Blake2s personally, but apparently everyone and their mom has an X11 asic and they out voted just about everyone on the algo, so it has already been set at x11 unfortunately (to my knowledge anyway).

what?!?!?! ...

wt-hell is x11 going to be doing with helium? ... who voted? ... i wasnt aware of ANY of this ...

so an asic heavy system that will kill almost every gpu user? ... not a smart move ...

as for the rest of the plans for hlm - damn good ... but x11? ... seriously guys - i would have voted against it in a heartbeat had i known anything about anything thats going on here ...

to hell with slack ... im not happy this is the way i have to find out ...

o well ...

#crysx
Merit: 559
May 27, 2017, 01:14:41 PM
How many coins do I need for the Masternode? The Masternode is yielding how many? Where can I buy Helium? This project seems interesting. Has the concept started to be developed in March or before?

Thanks for the interest in Helium!

Your best bet for project information is to join the Helium Slack channel.

- The Master node count is set at 1000 Helium
- How much a MN yields is not possible to currently ascertain as we have yet to launch the network
- You can purchase Helium pre-launch today by acquiring Spreadcoin, which will have a 1:1 coin redemption after the blockchan snapshot takes place (to be announced soon)
- Once the Helium network is launched, you will be able to acquire coins by mining, Master node income, performing work for the network or purchasing from a supported exchange

Activity: 758
May 27, 2017, 01:09:06 PM
How many coins do I need for the Masternode? The Masternode is yielding how many? Where can I buy Helium? This project seems interesting. Has the concept started to be developed in March or before?
May 27, 2017, 12:39:21 PM
Did we get any update on the swap date? Also I found an error on the website on mobile.

The snapshot date will be posted soon, we are getting close to releasing that information. Regarding any errors you find on the website, pop into the Helium Slack channel and let me know what you've found and I will take care of it Smiley

https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/
Activity: 312
BAM
May 27, 2017, 04:22:36 AM

May 26, 2017, 05:41:51 PM
Did we get any update on the swap date? Also I found an error on the website on mobile.
Activity: 506
Merit: 252
May 25, 2017, 08:34:59 AM

May 24, 2017, 06:43:44 AM
Speaking of edits. I kind of liked this one Wink

* Karmashark
Co-founder

My background is in managing people, communications and technologies. I left a successful career at BlackBerry to come into the blockchain industry in 2012 . I  am an active and pubic presence in the space,

Haha, good catch! We'll get that fixed asap Smiley
Merit: 528
May 24, 2017, 03:03:19 AM
Speaking of edits. I kind of liked this one Wink

* Karmashark
Co-founder

My background is in managing people, communications and technologies. I left a successful career at BlackBerry to come into the blockchain industry in 2012 . I  am an active and pubic presence in the space,
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
May 23, 2017, 03:35:59 PM

nice looking website,,
and i hope helium project will become the silent giant that will be born in this year on crypto world,,

Thank you for the feedback.

We have kept a tight lid on much of the project while in pre-launch mode for good reason. June and July will be busy with lots of news on the Helium front.

Any aproximate date of the snapshot ?
Activity: 378
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
May 22, 2017, 11:57:23 PM
Interested in the project, similar work is being done. I do not know what will be the fate in the future. But I will follow you. Let's wait and see.
May 22, 2017, 11:44:20 PM

nice looking website,,
and i hope helium project will become the silent giant that will be born in this year on crypto world,,

Thank you for the feedback.

We have kept a tight lid on much of the project while in pre-launch mode for good reason. June and July will be busy with lots of news on the Helium front.
Activity: 1092
Hodlers Network
May 22, 2017, 06:00:41 PM
The official website is now updated at http://HeliumPay.com

Thank you for your patience while we sorted out everything. If you find any glaring issues on the website when viewed on various platforms / browsers, please submit the information to us in the Helium Slack channel so I can take care of it:

https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/

Edit: I will get a SSL certificate for us when we update the site prior to network launch.

nice looking website,,
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
May 22, 2017, 05:36:02 PM
I still have my 1000+ SPR and eagerly waiting for the snapshot . And when the time comes, I will start looking for VPS .
Jump to: