Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 132. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
I have some interest in huntercoin but it is starting to look like a closed group of people trying to form their own private business.

Are there any ways to play the game without renting your client?

Yes, just use the official Qt client (which is free software and available cross-platform, not only for Windows like MithrilMan's client).

Are other devs free to develop their own huntercoin clients, or do you have a special relationship with huntercoin?

Actually, MithrilMan is an independent developer himself not involved in the core client or developing/improving the network itself.  His client has a very advanced user-interface as far as I have seen from screens and heard from users, though.  So yes, everyone is free to develop their own clients / front-ends, just like MithrilMan does. Smiley
Activity: 121
Merit: 120
how many HUC do we need to start playing? i playied HUNTERCOIN 3-4 months ago

now every player you create (that is alone, no more with other 2 hunters) costs 10HUC plus the tx fee (0.01 or something like that) and every move you do cost at least 0.01 huc

so i'd say that if you want to start playing you should buy 100 HUC to be safe and use some hunters

If you want then use my client (suggested), it's another 2 HUC/day or less based on plan you choose (values can change)

I have some interest in huntercoin but it is starting to look like a closed group of people trying to form their own private business.

Are there any ways to play the game without renting your client?

Are other devs free to develop their own huntercoin clients, or do you have a special relationship with huntercoin?

It looks like a few people are playing for money and trying to discourage others. This lets those few people keep earning and dumping but it prevents wider acceptance of the coin.

Huntercoin is a brilliant idea from its original dev, one of the few really big ideas after bitcoin. Its a shame if a select few are trying to sacrifice it by turning it into their cash cow.

建议每个钱包,限制工人数量,不然机器人可以做n个工人,对我们手动的不公平

Translation:

Recommended that each wallet , limiting the number of workers , or the robot can do n workers , manual unfair for us

The game is either mineable by humans or mineable by bots. Obviously if bot mining is encouraged then it is a scam.

Again, huntercoin has to choose its direction. Coin or scam?

There is a QT client and there is also the Mithril Man client which an independent developer made.  There are only a few people playing because its kind of a pain to get running since the blockchain is 25 gigs.  We I do not really promote big time because of this, we are I am waiting for it to be ready to run in 5 minutes which is what is being worked on.  
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com

now every player you create (that is alone, no more with other 2 hunters) costs 10HUC plus the tx fee (0.01 or something like that) and every move you do cost at least 0.01 huc

so i'd say that if you want to start playing you should buy 100 HUC to be safe and use some hunters

If you want then use my client (suggested), it's another 2 HUC/day or less based on plan you choose (values can change)

I have some interest in huntercoin but it is starting to look like a closed group of people trying to form their own private business.  Door is wide open to step in and open a HUC business or mine or whatever you want.

Are there any ways to play the game without renting your client?  Yes

Are other devs free to develop their own huntercoin clients, or do you have a special relationship with huntercoin? Yes anyone can develop on it!  Everyone here has a special relationship. This thing has a lot of potential, but needs more code and minds behind it

It looks like a few people are playing for money and trying to discourage others. This lets those few people keep earning and dumping but it prevents wider acceptance of the coin.

Huntercoin is a brilliant idea from its original dev, one of the few really big ideas after bitcoin. Its a shame if a select few are trying to sacrifice it by turning it into their cash cow.

Translation:

Recommended that each wallet , limiting the number of workers , or the robot can do n workers , manual unfair for us

The game is either mineable by humans or mineable by bots. Obviously if bot mining is encouraged then it is a scam. Both can mine it... bots play WoW & humans do too!

Again, huntercoin has to choose its direction. Coin or scam? Coin

People who work harder, code more and have the best ideas earn more.  People need to make as much profit as possible...

Sell your Huntercoins into the market by all means and take over the whole map if you can, but I can assure you that if the miners today don't play their cards right they will be over thrown in the future.
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
Huntercoin is now a branch @ The tree of dicks.

I donated 3000HUC.

If anyone wants to toss a little this way my address is:

HLJziBh3J6Lg8ouAeqFBsszV8QFprtwMih

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
maaaaaaaaan, internet just crapped out like 4.8 gb through the 11.8 gb blockchain download  Undecided
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
I'm hoping for that fix domob mentioned for the pending bug. It really is a hassle.

I'm sure it will be!
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
I'm hoping for that fix domob mentioned for the pending bug. It really is a hassle.
I really like the crown lay out... fuck fun! If you want fun you can go dig diamonds in Africa Wink Cheesy
I knew a guy out of Just-dice.com who had the crown (playing manual and working hard) who made like 5BTC!!  

Its been in the same spot for a month or 2... borrringgg.  Not on the top of the list of things to do though.. lets see how it plays out when hundreds of thousands of people are playing not just 10 or 15
It would be nice if there was like a web browser version of HUC game. I have no idea how that would work. RIght now, Huntercoin is like rank 160 or something on coinmarketcap which is not good at all. I am thinking of opening a site that accepts HUC but the volatility of cryptocurrency is a bit intimindating.

They are working on phone apps and such that will read from central servers without need of blockchain download.  Its all coming, just need to be patient.  We are lucky.
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
It would be nice if there was like a web browser version of HUC game. I have no idea how that would work. RIght now, Huntercoin is like rank 160 or something on coinmarketcap which is not good at all. I am thinking of opening a site that accepts HUC but the volatility of cryptocurrency is a bit intimindating.

Do not be scared of the market. Only way she is going to move up is if people open sites, game improves and 5min mining! 

It is a Mexican Stand Off of people adding coins/hitting the ask price.  Poloniex is 5btc away from .0001BTC.

No one can get 100BTC in if they wanted to atm.
Activity: 308
Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com

Translation:

This keeps coming up, seems logical, but is not a solution. I have ran up to 24 or more QT clients at the same time spread across multiple PCs. At that rate limiting to 20 each still gives me almost 500 bots.

Does the suggestion of limiting the number of coins carried at once (except crown holder) help with this instead? It would make more coins vulnerable at the perimeter? Be more time consuming to haul back mother loads? Cost more in generals, making disaster riskier?

Although I didn't jump on this idea from "real..." I am liking it more and more.

I think limiting the amount of coins each character can hold will do alot of good in the game.  I also dont think the crown holder should be special.  Crown needs to be more fun, shouldn't be a players retirement fund.

I really like the crown lay out... fuck fun! If you want fun you can go dig diamonds in Africa Wink Cheesy

I knew a guy out of Just-dice.com who had the crown (playing manual and working hard) who made like 5BTC!!  

Translation:

This keeps coming up, seems logical, but is not a solution. I have ran up to 24 or more QT clients at the same time spread across multiple PCs. At that rate limiting to 20 each still gives me almost 500 bots.

Does the suggestion of limiting the number of coins carried at once (except crown holder) help with this instead? It would make more coins vulnerable at the perimeter? Be more time consuming to haul back mother loads? Cost more in generals, making disaster riskier?

Although I didn't jump on this idea from "real..." I am liking it more and more.

I think limiting the amount of coins each character can hold will do alot of good in the game.  I also dont think the crown holder should be special.  Crown needs to be more fun, shouldn't be a players retirement fund.
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
Also, it seems like I'm stuck on block 273048 :/

Is this something known?

Edit: just upgraded to latest version 'g', and now it's taking a really long time to open the qt window. The icon is showing up in the tray, and I can see it using a bunch of cpu in task manager. Is this just the pruning taking place? How long does this operation typically last?

it's better if you download the blockchain from here: http://chain.huntercoin.org
and it's ok the g version (unlucky it doens't show anyway which version is so i can't tell you what you had before)
legendary
Also, it seems like I'm stuck on block 273048 :/

Is this something known?

Edit: just upgraded to latest version 'g', and now it's taking a really long time to open the qt window. The icon is showing up in the tray, and I can see it using a bunch of cpu in task manager. Is this just the pruning taking place? How long does this operation typically last?
legendary
Does the blockchain sync significantly faster if you run huntercoind rather than the qt wallet?

If I'm 8 weeks behind, should I just download a bootstrap blockchain?

Also, I'm on version  "version" : 1001100, just 1.011, I don't see any letters. Is this version ok to transfer coins with?

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!

Activity: 308
Activity: 114
Merit: 10

Translation:

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Reduce nameindexfull.dat to 1MB from 2.5GB?

What need to be done?

Command or delete  nameindexfull.dat

"prune_nameindex 100" in the debug window (or "huntercoind prune_nameindex 100" on the command line).  You can also do "prune_gamedb 100", which reduces game.dat to 1 MiB.  Note that both commands (especially the nameindex) take some time, in particular at the first call when reducing the large file.  Don't kill the process while it is working.

3Q  Thank you
Jump to: