Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 128. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
I've just released the new version!
now i don't have to write about how the new behaviours feature (the bot system)
I'll write it later, anway download is available

http://www.mithrilman.com/Huntercoin/Download

the update is mandatory

for people who update, you'll have to move your old settings.xml in the Data folder inside the installing path you chose (it's better if you don't install it in "Program Files folder" because of permissions that some windows version need to write files there.
default path is c:\MithrilMan\Huntercoin Mithril Edition
ttyl
Developer!
At the moment of the release, all will be functional and with few (intended) limits as 5 maximum open rooms at a time, I need to improve chat server so and test it (you know, you can test yourself things but only in production you have a real taste about how things are working)

Have you thought about using IRC as protocol and allowing to use rooms on some public server?  That way your client would be compatible with other chat clients and you could reuse well-established server software.  IRC is pretty trivial on the protocol level.

yes i thought about it but. IRC per se would be maybe simplier on a simple usage, but what i actually call chat server isn't just a simple chat server, I'll use the infrastructure for future uses like account validation, feature to share (visually) player list with friends, and in a near feature the ability to change behaviour settings on an android app. doing that in irc woulnd't be the best choice for me even because i can't have a fine control over it (except runnign my own IRC server) and anyway not so trivial because i'll expose functionality bounded to accounts and I should care about security concern (like account impersonation), etc..

It was better for me to create a client/server layer from scratch, with pros and cons

anyway if in future chat feature would became too heavy to handle or if future people are interested in chat messaging to be shared among others programs, i could think about decoupling chat from other internal stuffs and using it. after all the most time consuming things are not about the protocol itself rather then the interface and the client integration
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
At the moment of the release, all will be functional and with few (intended) limits as 5 maximum open rooms at a time, I need to improve chat server so and test it (you know, you can test yourself things but only in production you have a real taste about how things are working)

Have you thought about using IRC as protocol and allowing to use rooms on some public server?  That way your client would be compatible with other chat clients and you could reuse well-established server software.  IRC is pretty trivial on the protocol level.
Activity: 121
Merit: 120
Thanks mithril I can't wait.  Sending you and domob some bits.

Thanks appreciate Smiley

Sorry not much I'm broke
Developer!

Thanks appreciate Smiley
Developer!
I'm happy to announce the next release of my client Huntercoin: Mithril Edition
I'll release it this weekend, could be in 24 hours if i find time to polish it, add something here and there and find time to do what i need to release

Now i want to tell you about the new Chat System i'm working on, the realtime chat system.
In the last version i released it, but it was simple, now i've revamped it and I've added a cool feature people asked about: the private chat rooms.

It has not been easy but I think it was worth it, now you don't have excuses to not team up and fight "the evil" on the map!

let me show you some screenshots (here the link to the album: http://imgur.com/a/oXERl

1 - an overview

respect the previous version, now you have a top bar where you can create a new chat room, join an available room or switch between your active chat rooms (using the combo box)
on the bottom now you don't see all currently active players, but just the player that are into the selected room

2 - create a public room

clicking on the Create button, a pop up is shown wher you can type your room name and an optional password.
once you have clicked ok, you'll join automatically that room, see pic:

3 - create a private room

if you specify a password while creating a room, that room will be password protected and a lock will be shown next to the chat room name

4 - join a room
If you click on the Join button, you can chose the chat room to join

the combobox allow you to search the room you want

and if you want to join a password protected room, you need to enter the password, and if it's wrong, this is what you'll get:

5 - switch between rooms

using the combobox on the chat panel, you are able to switch between your active chat rooms with ease

Tomorrow, I'll talk you about another important and highly demanded feature: the automatic behaviours!
I've already implemented 2 simple bots (collector and heart seeker) that are full integrated into the game client and you can easily integrate these automatic behaviours on any hunter you have and take manual control with a mouse click, but I'll post a detailed description tomorrow!

Final notes:

In case of bugs, etc.. I'll release soon fixes, anyway feel free to report anything about that

anyway, as I've said, now you don't have excuses to not join the chat and fight the enemies in team!
I've a plan to add a "Friend" feature that will allow you to see your friends hunters with a green arrow over their head, but more about that in some weeks

Actual limits:
   * once you join a room, you can't actually exit from it except if you restart the client, i hope to implemet the exit room before releasing it
   * there isn't yet a "private message" feature, I'll work on it later (have to think about how to handle the interface for that)
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Bots aren't a real problem, I think it will be a while before bots can outsmart a few humans teamed together.  We just need more players.  Patiently waiting for pruned block chain etc.

Edit.  They do have an advantage over humans right after disaster tho.

Disaster isn't much of a play with the current status. I have more than 50% of the disaster bots turned off right now.

If you are looking to play for the first time, the mandatory cleansing is approaching.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Bots aren't a real problem, I think it will be a while before bots can outsmart a few humans teamed together.  We just need more players.  Patiently waiting for pruned block chain etc.

The latest blockchain download works very well. I recommend it highly.

Activity: 309
Merit: 250
HUC mineable? If so how/where? Pool? Thanks.
Activity: 868
Merit: 508
Captchas still don't protect it from botters, though. There are plenty of services which have real humans fill in captchas for you for like 1/10 of a penny. It would have to be some sort of in-game task that a bot wouldn't be able to do, if that's even possible.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
The main thing I see people complaining about is the bots take away from the "human mining" aspect of the coin (although I'm all for bots/auto pilots...I understand both ways of thought.)

The majority of the complaints before where about bots, mostly now its about certain humans taking over. If the coins aren't falling out of the sky I guess its something to complain about for most people. For all those people that didn't want bots, now is your chance to play as a human.

Ironically, without a mass of people coming in, it will take bots to combat the current game state. We have been pushing back yellow invasions in Blue for a few days now. A goal would be to resist any foreign color in the 5 closest spawn areas to each base as a starting point. Started a little late in the disaster cycle so feel a little shorthanded on hearts. Wira(?) is sending a lot of yellow into the blue this morning, so should be a fun morning. If you have a couple extra Blue guys, turn and fight instead of running this morning.

Looking forward to the reset in a few days.

legendary
No, CAPTCHA is absolutely impossible as far as I know.  (Maybe someone comes along and finds a way, who knows, but I would say this would probably be more of an innovation than Satoshi's initial idea about the Nakamoto blockchain.)
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
If there was only some type of decentralized cache system that we could employ into Huntercoin it would fix everyones issue + would be pretty bad ass. Tongue  Make it ask the last 4 letters/numbers of the block at xx time! Maybe there could be a easy tool for Poloniex to use HUC cache system on their own site (if you typo their caphe it still lets you in.) <- Or at least did

I don't quite get what you mean with "decentralized cache system".  Could you please try to explain that in more detail?

The main thing I see people complaining about is the bots take away from the "human mining" aspect of the coin (although I'm all for bots/auto pilots...I understand both ways of thought.)

Let me think on it... Just thinking is there a way to create a cache within the HUC that would prevent botters from abusing the hell out of the coin.  People could still run bots, but would be required to enter the code across their screens. Perhaps have a alert that lets you know when a cache pops up though like the Mirth client ect ect.

Do you mean CAPTCHA by "cache"?  If so, I guess there's not really any way to do it.  I agree with snailbrain and others that the way forward should be "coexistence" of humans and bots, and/or simple bots to be controlled by humans.

Would it be possible to have a captcha version for free & bot for 10HUC without any cache?  

This would open the door to many new players who are interested in HUC and digital crypto in general.  People who don't even have bitcoins to buy in with.  Maybe some little kid in africa is hella good with a Hunter and builds from the chance.

Plus would allow the serious botters to pwn shit up.

It has to be possible!

Takes care of the two major complaints

A: Bots. Disaster did well for clearing AFK and is needed, otherwise you just make a bot that dumps when a disaster happens.

B: Free + this attracts new plays.  Say I put a advertisement up over the Bay Bridge how many of those people have Bitcoins already? (sure can sell for paypal once the market values up a bit of course , so not a big deal.)
legendary
If there was only some type of decentralized cache system that we could employ into Huntercoin it would fix everyones issue + would be pretty bad ass. Tongue  Make it ask the last 4 letters/numbers of the block at xx time! Maybe there could be a easy tool for Poloniex to use HUC cache system on their own site (if you typo their caphe it still lets you in.) <- Or at least did

I don't quite get what you mean with "decentralized cache system".  Could you please try to explain that in more detail?

Let me think on it... Just thinking is there a way to create a cache within the HUC that would prevent botters from abusing the hell out of the coin.  People could still run bots, but would be required to enter the code across their screens. Perhaps have a alert that lets you know when a cache pops up though like the Mirth client ect ect.

Do you mean CAPTCHA by "cache"?  If so, I guess there's not really any way to do it.  I agree with snailbrain and others that the way forward should be "coexistence" of humans and bots, and/or simple bots to be controlled by humans.
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com

legendary

I don't quite get what you mean with "decentralized cache system".  Could you please try to explain that in more detail?
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
We've gone under a penny.  Cheesy

Only fo fo ass lames are scared of the markets.  

6BTC buy would stick HUC @ .0001 and there are now more coins in circulation which increases the market cap which attracts those same fo fo ass lames to buy. Cheesy

while you will implement the carrying limit, what about changing the max number of hunters a player can have? now it's 20, maybe 5 would be better to leverage the problem someone reported?

This is just going to increase the cost for the botters who choose to rent more VPS and get more computers from their money or carding.  Lets be realist in the long run....  I would rather see less cost for everyone.

Honestly I think for a human player who is seriously grinding on HUC in a third world country taking it from 20 to 5 would hurt them and it would force them to have more equipment which I think is the advantage of Huntercoin in general.

Marketing :p haha (just ideas)

Edit:

I would be happy to put a 20,000 HUC bounty on this if everyone else agrees this would solve the problem.  I'm sure more people would donate too.
Jump to: