Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 151. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 114
Merit: 10
>There are also too many faults of game map.

What faults are you talking about?

Does the dev teams know about the faults? If they are items that are not listed/posted lets talk about them... The game needs more players and fixing faults surely won't hurt.

These are the major items I am aware of and I am pretty sure domob/snail are working on it, or they are aware:

1) Pruning
2) Destruct causing double spends (pendings)

Personally, the destruct problem is a big one for me and one reason I am holding out from playing right now (except for disasters and running experiments). Since I am a "casual" player based on the actual amount of time I have, I have to solely rely on bots to do the work. With the aggressive nature of the board right now, pendings are too prevalent and too costly when I can't watch the client all the time to fix the problem.

The only other annoying problem I have seen with the actual game board is that sometimes the path algorithm doesn't quite work and you get stuck at rocks or trees. This isn't a problem if you aren't using a bot that will issue new waypoints when they get stuck.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Ok, so i set a couple of parameters in the domob bot files, put a total of 140 HUC in my game wallet, loaded up the mithrilman client, and then started mainGather. No errors in the cmd window and it shows in my wallet and the window 4 players created. However, it shows in the wallet 0 huc taken for the updates and only the cmd window shows the 4 players and their moves ("Already moving to center" it says for the 4 of them). they do NOT show up in the mithril player windows, so i dont actually see them. Gonna close the mithril client and open the qt i think to see what happens. Or should i do something else?

edit: Actually it looks like it did take 10 huc * 4 for the 4 players it says it created. They are not listed in my player window.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
I dont think its limiting how well they can do, its making the game more interesting.  I have no idea how I would actually raid the middle, it would cost me alot and I would probably fail since I think they have it well defended.  Making them take more trips to the wallet would make it alot more fun in my opinion, cause at least the little guys would have a chance

Hum bug!

Now is the time to try/fail something with this since the market is so damn low Tongue

Its so low for a reason.  Cheesy

150 on coin market cap! Thats horrible for the coolest coin out there.

This is going to be a top 10 coin.  

Honestly, I'm not even to worried about it.

Someone just needs to nut up and make a HunterRoad. Dropshipping/relisting all the major dark market top vendors + accept vendors Cheesy (joking[ish])

Imagine how many players would be playing rofl. Crackheads/sick players everywhere!
Activity: 25
Merit: 0

If you are a heavy user of this game, you can find it.   
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

I dont think its limiting how well they can do, its making the game more interesting.  I have no idea how I would actually raid the middle, it would cost me alot and I would probably fail since I think they have it well defended.  Making them take more trips to the wallet would make it alot more fun in my opinion, cause at least the little guys would have a chance

Hum bug!

Now is the time to try/fail something with this since the market is so damn low Tongue

Its so low for a reason.  Cheesy

150 on coin market cap! Thats horrible for the coolest coin out there.
Activity: 25
Hey Guys,

Have you given any thought about limiting the amount of coins that a player could hold at one time? Maybe if they collect more than they can hold it goes to the miners?

More trips to the wallet instead of people sitting there collecting hundreds and hundreds of coins. (boring)

Pros? Cons?

Look at the middle, those guys just sit there and collect coins.  Not a worry in the world.  

YES, this is also a bug of game mechanism. There are also too many faults of game map.  The dev team works very hard and writes many useful codes and libs(such as bot lib), but all these actions can not attract more people coming into this coin. Because they are not HEAVY user and main controller of this game, they can not find the most important problem to solve.
I feel dumb for asking this, but here goes:

I can't use either of the new bot systems with the mithrilman edition, can I? I know he will be adding the function soon, but I'd love to get a jump on the whole bot idea, since I have only played manually to this point.

I don't really know for sure - but I guess that you could use mine if you are careful.  At least, you should be able to use it to run some bots "in addition" to manually playing.  Similarly to what I stated above - write logic to follow or protect some player you then control manually (either with Qt or Mithril Edition).  Or ask MithrilMan to include a UI for the Python library. Tongue

I think I changed all I wanted/needed to, except one thing. I can't find where to set the reward address for all the players that will be created.
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
I dont think its limiting how well they can do, its making the game more interesting.  I have no idea how I would actually raid the middle, it would cost me alot and I would probably fail since I think they have it well defended.  Making them take more trips to the wallet would make it alot more fun in my opinion, cause at least the little guys would have a chance

Hum bug!

Hey Guys,

Have you given any thought about limiting the amount of coins that a player could hold at one time? Maybe if they collect more than they can hold, it goes to the miners?

More trips to the wallet instead of people sitting there collecting hundreds and hundreds of coins. (boring)

Pros? Cons?

Look at the middle, those guys just sit there and collect coins.  Not a worry in the world.  

no limiting how well someone can do.

raid the mid

legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
Hey Guys,

Have you given any thought about limiting the amount of coins that a player could hold at one time? Maybe if they collect more than they can hold it goes to the miners?

Pros? Cons?

Look at the middle, those guys just sit there and collect coins.  Not a worry in the world. 

no limiting how well someone can do.

raid the mid
Hey Guys,

Pros? Cons?

Look at the middle, those guys just sit there and collect coins.  Not a worry in the world. 
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

I can't use either of the new bot systems with the mithrilman edition, can I? I know he will be adding the function soon, but I'd love to get a jump on the whole bot idea, since I have only played manually to this point.

I don't really know for sure - but I guess that you could use mine if you are careful.  At least, you should be able to use it to run some bots "in addition" to manually playing.  Similarly to what I stated above - write logic to follow or protect some player you then control manually (either with Qt or Mithril Edition).  Or ask MithrilMan to include a UI for the Python library. Tongue

I totally got my ass kicked yesterday.  I do not think it was by bots, I had some pretty intense battles and got outsmarted.   Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
DOMOB! VN work!

I hope so!  I have not yet mentioned it so far, but I believe that running some bots with this (or a similar framework) may also help with "manual" play.  For instance, you could configure AutoHunter bots to keep certain areas (where you want to gather manually) clear, to hunt down specified players, protect a given player you manually control, keep some path safe or whatever.  I. e., the "gruntwork", while you focus on more complicated game moves.

I've discussed quite a bit with the MOTO community, on the general human mine and proof-of-play thread, and elsewhere that I believe that in the median term time-frame for these technologies this combined human/bot mining or "cyborg" mining, will likely be the most productive way to mine these coins.  I imagine that people will keep dumb or "tedious" bots running when afk, and will use combinations of more advanced scripts/tool-kits when "actively human mining" for increased output.

Since Gatra pointed me at the FoldIt game, I've been watching that community of players.  It seems that the successful players all play as cyborgs, and some of their "bot tool-belts" look to be pretty extensive collections of both specialized and general optimization/learner algorithms.

I see this as probably being inevitable for HUC, MOTO, and possibly (likely?) even projects like GRC should they stabilize.

I have no plans to try anything like that by myself, but I think there are a lot of possibilities.

This actually has me interested in trying my hand at HUC again.  I still have my old merge-mine pool server even though the pool itself has been dead for some time.

You could even offer running a certain number of bots doing specific tasks for someone "as a service".

I've always worried that someone might start a time-travel-hashing service and end up ruining the coin, heh.

However, I agree that there are a lot of opportunities for in game services in HUC.  For example hosted guard bots that, once procured for a small fee, travel surrounding your general and automatically clear out any incoming threats.

There are probably a lot of similar opportunities for "mining assist" services in MOTO/GRC/etc as well.

Dear HunterMinerCrafter, thanks for replying my PM. I think you will be much welcomed here in HUC community too as you earned in moto.

he already is - i think his bitcoin-id was made based on huntercoin Cheesy
He has also already submitted some work and advised in the past.

--

about bots:
Of course there may be solely computer controlled bots.

Although what domob has done (and BGb with the QT) is more of an extension of play atm. As domob said, sort of like assistance. (of course can be built on for full on proper bot army).

When you play an RTS - Dune 2, Warcraft 3, SC2 ETC... you send your harvesters to a harvest location, they harvest, they return to base, then they go back to harvest and repeat. Your other characters "auto attack" if someone comes in range.
Would you say those games are being botted?

more of a discussion response post than a statement Smiley
Activity: 60
DOMOB! VN work!

I hope so!  I have not yet mentioned it so far, but I believe that running some bots with this (or a similar framework) may also help with "manual" play.  For instance, you could configure AutoHunter bots to keep certain areas (where you want to gather manually) clear, to hunt down specified players, protect a given player you manually control, keep some path safe or whatever.  I. e., the "gruntwork", while you focus on more complicated game moves. 

I've discussed quite a bit with the MOTO community, on the general human mine and proof-of-play thread, and elsewhere that I believe that in the median term time-frame for these technologies this combined human/bot mining or "cyborg" mining, will likely be the most productive way to mine these coins.  I imagine that people will keep dumb or "tedious" bots running when afk, and will use combinations of more advanced scripts/tool-kits when "actively human mining" for increased output.

Since Gatra pointed me at the FoldIt game, I've been watching that community of players.  It seems that the successful players all play as cyborgs, and some of their "bot tool-belts" look to be pretty extensive collections of both specialized and general optimization/learner algorithms.

I see this as probably being inevitable for HUC, MOTO, and possibly (likely?) even projects like GRC should they stabilize.

I have no plans to try anything like that by myself, but I think there are a lot of possibilities.

This actually has me interested in trying my hand at HUC again.  I still have my old merge-mine pool server even though the pool itself has been dead for some time.

You could even offer running a certain number of bots doing specific tasks for someone "as a service".

I've always worried that someone might start a time-travel-hashing service and end up ruining the coin, heh.

However, I agree that there are a lot of opportunities for in game services in HUC.  For example hosted guard bots that, once procured for a small fee, travel surrounding your general and automatically clear out any incoming threats.

There are probably a lot of similar opportunities for "mining assist" services in MOTO/GRC/etc as well.

Dear HunterMinerCrafter, thanks for replying my PM. I think you will be much welcomed here in HUC community too as you earned in moto.
Activity: 434
DOMOB! VN work!

I hope so!  I have not yet mentioned it so far, but I believe that running some bots with this (or a similar framework) may also help with "manual" play.  For instance, you could configure AutoHunter bots to keep certain areas (where you want to gather manually) clear, to hunt down specified players, protect a given player you manually control, keep some path safe or whatever.  I. e., the "gruntwork", while you focus on more complicated game moves. 

I've discussed quite a bit with the MOTO community, on the general human mine and proof-of-play thread, and elsewhere that I believe that in the median term time-frame for these technologies this combined human/bot mining or "cyborg" mining, will likely be the most productive way to mine these coins.  I imagine that people will keep dumb or "tedious" bots running when afk, and will use combinations of more advanced scripts/tool-kits when "actively human mining" for increased output.

Since Gatra pointed me at the FoldIt game, I've been watching that community of players.  It seems that the successful players all play as cyborgs, and some of their "bot tool-belts" look to be pretty extensive collections of both specialized and general optimization/learner algorithms.

This actually has me interested in trying my hand at HUC again.  I still have my old merge-mine pool server even though the pool itself has been dead for some time.

However, I agree that there are a lot of opportunities for in game services in HUC.  For example hosted guard bots that, once procured for a small fee, travel surrounding your general and automatically clear out any incoming threats.

Activity: 403
Merit: 251
Let me announce the availability of my own botting framework in Python, completely free software as AGPLv3:  AutoHunter, https://www.gitorious.org/autohunter/autohunter/.  See the README file at https://www.gitorious.org/autohunter/autohunter/source/README and the announcement in the Huntercoin forum at http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=139.0 for more details.  Have fun!
Awesome.

domob-s4ox (the red one) was not only ahead of the competition, it was 2 squares ahead of everyone else. (those who clicked "New..." the moment the alarm went off)

So the Python source files is mandatory reading Smiley

Well, it was two squares ahead of most.  I think for other colours (yellow / blue?) there were a few hunters that were only one square behind.

Code:
Players in reserve are already name_new'ed and can be launched
(activated) immediately.

Yep, that's the trick.
The player is name_new'ed and kept in this state for up to 12 days until disaster strikes.
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
Let me announce the availability of my own botting framework in Python, completely free software as AGPLv3:  AutoHunter, https://www.gitorious.org/autohunter/autohunter/.  See the README file at https://www.gitorious.org/autohunter/autohunter/source/README and the announcement in the Huntercoin forum at http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?topic=139.0 for more details.  Have fun!
Awesome.

domob-s4ox (the red one) was not only ahead of the competition, it was 2 squares ahead of everyone else. (those who clicked "New..." the moment the alarm went off)

So the Python source files is mandatory reading Smiley

Well, it was two squares ahead of most.  I think for other colours (yellow / blue?) there were a few hunters that were only one square behind.
Jump to: