Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 350. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
Why does it take ages to move the character!?
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Former shitcoiner, former ICO maker and now a free
Activity: 259
2 hours and i dont get anycoin .... so i cant try to play .... anyone can help me out for a coin to get my char ready??
please donate to
--->
HSaEczpKNmjdT3s6i2KmEUvjoCXZ8DS9VW
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

Hi snailbrain, could you please explain how the coordinate system is set in this system? Thanks in advance.

0,0 top left
502,502 bottom right
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Hi snailbrain, could you please explain how the coordinate system is set in this system? Thanks in advance.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Questions:

1. Where does the 1 coin new player fee go?
2. How do you know the game is fair? That there is no way to cheat it, and don't you think highly intelligent AI will eventually take all the rewards? This game needs to be designed like http://arimaa.com/arimaa/, a game that a well trained toddler could beat a computer at, but still challenging for human vs human.
3. How much room is there to modify the game? Could you eventually complete your Chrono Kings vision through Huntercoin updates and still keep everything secure?
4. Why didn't you make this a CPU/GPU coin instead of an ASIC/GPU coin? Seems like then everyone would be able to play instead of just miners and the odd person who happens to have a very good GPU

The fees go to the miners, you may have noticed they only get one of 10 coins per block, so this, among other things (on death, hunters drop most, but not all coins into the game, the rest go to miners).
No, I actually believe that the new player fees are locked / "destroyed" as fees for names in Namecoin are.  (The drop & bank fees go to miners, though.)  However, this is just how Namecoin works, and I presume that this mechanic was not changed for Huntercoin.  Would be interesting to get snailbrain's comment here, too.  Note that if the fee for new players went to miners, then they could create unlimited names/players "for free", which is the reason why this wouldn't be a good solution.

Thanks..

yes the fees are locked in the name.. but when your general dies, the gamestate drops 1 coin which goes to whomever picks it up.. this prevents miners making players for free
Hi can someone donate me some HUC so i can create a player!

HBg7Rpf3LMTVgotAjD5jPryyW6zEqFVMch

Thanks! Smiley
Activity: 16
This game makes Civilization 5 on marathon setting feel like a speed-run
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
there is a list of the richest address?
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I want play, please donate me

HM4CdpsffwRN9G6rYbBsq5pBt39SX7Jgte
Activity: 80
Cryptocurrency, best creation ever!
hey can someone send me 1 coin so I can get started? Will give 0.0005 btc Cheesy
Thanks!

HMZ4prf8fvzQF3tAJwMwDAUa56MGio5zMJ
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
god soon it will be a pain in the ass to just get 5 coins a day, so slow  Shocked Smiley
Activity: 323
Can someone donate me 1 coin so i can start playing? Thanks a lot! Would really like to try this out! Grin

HM6Cq5sSZKgVuMkqBoc3x6XPaqQ1YrWNQH
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
Questions:

2. How do you know the game is fair? That there is no way to cheat it, and don't you think highly intelligent AI will eventually take all the rewards? This game needs to be designed like http://arimaa.com/arimaa/, a game that a well trained toddler could beat a computer at, but still challenging for human vs human.
3. How much room is there to modify the game? Could you eventually complete your Chrono Kings vision through Huntercoin updates and still keep everything secure?
4. Why didn't you make this a CPU/GPU coin instead of an ASIC/GPU coin? Seems like then everyone would be able to play instead of just miners and the odd person who happens to have a very good GPU

The fees go to the miners, you may have noticed they only get one of 10 coins per block, so this, among other things (on death, hunters drop most, but not all coins into the game, the rest go to miners).
No, I actually believe that the new player fees are locked / "destroyed" as fees for names in Namecoin are.  (The drop & bank fees go to miners, though.)  However, this is just how Namecoin works, and I presume that this mechanic was not changed for Huntercoin.  Would be interesting to get snailbrain's comment here, too.  Note that if the fee for new players went to miners, then they could create unlimited names/players "for free", which is the reason why this wouldn't be a good solution.
Can someone donate me 1 Coin

so i atleast can create one player!

I would appreciate!
Activity: 154
HPcwoTiRJroPbThbZja731RzPc5xiuJz2s

can i get some coins to create my character please? Many thanks Smiley
Activity: 286
problem solved , thanks snail Cheesy
Activity: 138
Questions:

There is no way to cheat it, as in the game, when you order a hunter to move, you simply chose an end goal, no matter what you do, all hunters are the same speed as others.
There are strategies that are a bit scummy, but those can be counter-acted with your own.

The miners don't get very much, as stated, and pools will be available soon, so that normal people like us can have a chance at actually getting coins, ASICs are actually a way to make sure a coin is consistantly mined, as GPUs make noise, and are expensive, while ASICs (at least SHA-256 ones) are fairly cheap.
There are also occasional giveaways on the official forum, so that new players may get started, like this one: http://dot-bit.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1546. Smiley
I've given away at least 100 coins total to random people on the forum earlier on.

Edit: I believe that ChronoKings will be a different coin to this (you won't be able to use HUC in it, if that's what you meant, if you didn't, I simply misinterpreted it), but as a result of this coin, it will be all the more stable (wallet/blockchain less buggy is what I mean here, not necessarily coin price), and of course better in general, due to lessons learned through it.

For the generous:
H8i7nKWHn2ue1v2C3Y8EuD3pTquTrYQwG9
Activity: 38
Questions:

Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Same here, I created a team 3 hours ago and isn't spawned yet
Jump to: