Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] 💰 Javvy - More than a crypto exchange & wallet combined! 💰 - page 12. (Read 8273 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 10
Keep it secret; Keep it safe.
Is this project legal? There are quite a lot of law

We just posted a video around this question. Take a look! Smiley

Is the Javvy ICO Legal (especially for US citizens)?

None of what we provide can be considered legal advice, as we are not lawyers. However, you may find the following useful:

Explanation of the Howey test (very recent article):
https://cryptoinsider.com/sec-verdict-ico-howey-test/

1. Our token is not being pitched as an investment.
2. Our token will have a novel use in the application, per patent pending 62558597*
* https://javvy.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/javvy-patent-62558597_raw-format.pdf
Are you guys planning to bring any more advisors on?

?

Hi earthcoin!

We actually answered that question in the LIVE stream last night, if you want to check out the recording. In short, though, I'll answer here too. We are open to taking on new advisors who are superstars, especially in the crypto vertical. However, we have one advisor who is likely to convert to a C-level position, so we didn't post them as advisor just yet. We will likely just post them as CSO, Chief Strategy Officer, because they have been awesome and instrumental in helping us tailor our financials and message for investors. Our finance and legal teams are very strong.

We are also currently in talks with a major security expert to join our team in a capacity to assure that our wallet code and overall system is secure and audited. We are close to signing a deal, as they have been very responsive, and we are eager to announce them once they're on-board!! Smiley

Cheers,

Brandon
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Good question. It's pretty sad when a prototype is looking much more convenient than the standards.

Ha! You are SO right, GoBelle! It was my thought, also, that one of "the big guys" should have already made a comprehensive wallet, supporting all major cryptos, with easy buy/sell capability and integrated international debit card. It seems crazy to me that those corporations raised nearly half of a BILLION dollars and still haven't gotten it right.

Perhaps they just aren't the right people for such a huge task and need to work with Javvy. In contrast, the Javvy team has the right background and expertise. Once we decided to apply our knowledge and experience to crypto, we began to see what needed to be done and we're doing it.

Even in this early stage of our project, we have already made waves, because Coinbase and others have begun to "try" to address our concerns. However, their changes are just smoke-and-mirrors, because they don't really address the root of the issue. They merely substituted the problem with another problem. So it is too little, too late. They should have addressed them back in 2012 when I first complained to them all. I waited FIVE YEARS for a solution. It took us going "all in" and doing it ourselves to get them to "look like" they are doing something, but it's not enough. Javvy will either work with them or replace them. Wink
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
Do you think the early prototype will be enough to replace my current ETH / BTC wallets?

We have to be careful with this answer and would ask the community to also be optimistically cautious when spreading the word.

The short answer is: Yes, even the prototype should work to replace other wallets for our initially supported cryptos/tokens.

However, the long answer is that there is always a chance for some issues in the early stages.

So, that said, I will be personally holding some bitcoin, ethereum, and javvy tokens in my Javvy wallet prototype BUT it will not be a huge amount right away, just in case. With such thorough testing, I highly doubt that anything would occur that would not be recoverable with a quick update but I want users to treat the prototype as "experimental" anyway. It's just prudent to do so and a "stable" version should be released in the coming months.

By the time we're ready to release the BETA, I will be putting more of my crypto into my Javvy wallet, to "put my money where my mouth is", so to speak. Wink

Best regards,

Brandon
Activity: 486
Merit: 101
Activity: 512
We just had a chance to really sit down and test the navigation and decided to undo the hard work on the "accordion" style expansion.

So, I removed those screenshots, to avoid confusion. Instead, we'll just succumb to using a static button, after all.

Upcoming screenshots will show the change. Wink

Is this more like a prototype or will it remain relatively unchanged?

This is definitely a prototype and will change quite a bit by the time we make the official release. The prototype that we'll release soon will have basic functionality for bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ethereum, and the javvy token (JVY). The buy/sell functionality will not be added until later.

However, even during the prototype phase, we will likely make weekly updates to add functionality, tweak the user interface, and fix reported bugs (if any). We will thoroughly test everything, so the critical functions should work, without bugs, but the user interface across mobile and desktop may have strange little issues here and there. We spent a lot of time on the UI/UX (user interface & experience) to streamline everything and make it as clean and simple as possible, but even so, after actually using the demo/prototype we have, we are making some changes to ensure the very best experience for users.

Do you think the early prototype will be enough to replace my current ETH / BTC wallets?

Good question. It's pretty sad when a prototype is looking much more convenient than the standards.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
We just had a chance to really sit down and test the navigation and decided to undo the hard work on the "accordion" style expansion.

So, I removed those screenshots, to avoid confusion. Instead, we'll just succumb to using a static button, after all.

This is definitely a prototype and will change quite a bit by the time we make the official release. The prototype that we'll release soon will have basic functionality for bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ethereum, and the javvy token (JVY). The buy/sell functionality will not be added until later.

However, even during the prototype phase, we will likely make weekly updates to add functionality, tweak the user interface, and fix reported bugs (if any). We will thoroughly test everything, so the critical functions should work, without bugs, but the user interface across mobile and desktop may have strange little issues here and there. We spent a lot of time on the UI/UX (user interface & experience) to streamline everything and make it as clean and simple as possible, but even so, after actually using the demo/prototype we have, we are making some changes to ensure the very best experience for users.

Activity: 248

copper member
Activity: 378
The program seems convincing, this is a good one. Wink
Hello all! Here are some screenshots of the wallet prototype:

View of Ethereum Page w/ Transactions Collapsed

View of "ALL Items" Selection Overlay

View of Action Overlay (send, receive, convert... eventually buy & sell also) on "Send" Tab

View of Action Overlay (send, receive, convert... eventually buy & sell also) on "Receive" Tab

View of Restore Wallet Overlay

Keep in mind the UI is still a bit rough (fonts, font size, Window borders, Window buttons, icons, etc), but we'll address any feedback (positive or constructively critical) that warrants consideration to update what we've built on thus far. So, please do share your thoughts!

We'll likely post a screen capture of the wallet prototype, in action, tomorrow. The video will show us sending/receiving from the Ropsten Testnet and basic Navigation. We are waiting on some critical information from our ICO smart contract team to get the JVY token support tested for send/receive but the ICO token buy-in works already (in testing, since ICO not live yet). We plan to provide regular updates on progress from this point forward. Thank you all for your patience while we work diligently to keep up with demand, development, marketing, etc etc!!

We are eager to hear what you think! Smiley
Hello!

We're still planning to go LIVE in about 10-20 minutes, but we were pushed behind by some investor conversations and also working on wallet development and testing (have to drop everything and handle right away, due to wide timezone differences).

-Brandon
Activity: 512
Do you think you will expand into Asia?

Yes. We plan to register in every country, where allowed, but that is dependent upon funding and/or revenue.

We are building the technology in a way that will serve all countries. After that, it is just a matter of licensing (where needed).

What countries do you think will give you the most problems?
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Are you guys planning to bring any more advisors on?
Activity: 248
Yeah, sorry everyone. We were so swamped yesterday and just making such good progress having so many people all together at once in the same place. Even though we work well with Skype and UberConference, we definitely excel when in-person.

At any rate, today (at 7pm EDT) we ARE planning to attempt our first LIVE event, ever, on Youtube mobile (shared to Facebook LIVE streaming and possibly elsewhere). Please bear with us, because it's new for us, and we're swamped with calls and orders, all while trying to put this together as well. We've got several videos recorded that have not been uploaded yet, because the lighting was terrible and we might re-record them.

We're also making some screenshots to post today (showing the main UI, navigation, transaction screens, etc).

All of that should be posted in the next hour or two.

Cheers!

Sounds like some exciting stuff in the works. I need to subscribe, before I forget.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
The system looks good. I think the price-crypto transformation would also be done. But I wonder how they will do it. It looks better than other projects. They will be successful.
Yeah, sorry everyone. We were so swamped yesterday and just making such good progress having so many people all together at once in the same place. Even though we work well with Skype and UberConference, we definitely excel when in-person.

At any rate, today (at 7pm EDT) we ARE planning to attempt our first LIVE event, ever, on Youtube mobile (shared to Facebook LIVE streaming and possibly elsewhere). Please bear with us, because it's new for us, and we're swamped with calls and orders, all while trying to put this together as well. We've got several videos recorded that have not been uploaded yet, because the lighting was terrible and we might re-record them.

We're also making some screenshots to post today (showing the main UI, navigation, transaction screens, etc).

All of that should be posted in the next hour or two.

Cheers!
Pages:
Jump to: