Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] 💰 Javvy - More than a crypto exchange & wallet combined! 💰 - page 8. (Read 8273 times)

Activity: 486
Merit: 101
Eventually the wallet will auto-tumble all tokens?

That would be an awesome feature!

Is this true? I think it see it on the roadmap.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
How do you plan to get the word out about your wallet once it's fully launched? Just word of mouth?
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
You guys must be very busy.
Activity: 248
Here is one major reason why we've been busier than usual this past week:

Javvy’s New Digs @ Atlanta Tech Village*

*One of our newest C#/Java developer additions, Marvin, was also present but was cut out of the short video by accident!

Haha... sorry, Marvin! We'll call him "Mystery Marvin" for now. Wink

The other two biggest reasons are that we've been scrambling to get our prototype and polished financials released. It has been a bit embarrassing that we missed the deadlines so badly. However, it is no small feat to build the foundation of a truly usable crypto solution. Unfortunately, our wallet dev team ran into serious issues with Bitcoin Cash support, encryption (on device and in memory), some blockchain functions related to Ethereum and ERC20 tokens (the most difficult to integrate into a decentralized wallet), and certain other security features we cannot publicize.

Sometimes it works out that way in the development world, and we just have to adapt and adjust.

If we had known it would have taken this long to get the prototype out, we would have just spent a much smaller $3,000 and released an extremely basic, open-source wallet like Eidoo did. They raised $28M for their very basic prototype. So, we are encouraged that once everyone finally sees what we're doing, it will get people excited and talking!

We appreciate your patience, and we feel it will all be well worth the wait! On Monday, we'll catch up on the other questions from this thread!

Take care!

Eidoo is similar to Javvy? In what ways does it differ?

Would like to get your thoughts on this.
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
Keep it secret; Keep it safe.
How do you fees compare to most exchanges/wallets?

Our fees will be comparable or lower than existing wallets.

It's not exactly apples-to-apples comparison, though, because our wallet will do so much more than others and will be far more convenient and easy to get started.

That said, the buy/sell fees through the wallet are expected to be 1.25%, which conversion fees are currently 0.5% (will drop to 0.25% when atomic swaps become widespread), merchant settlement fees will be 1.00%, and "expert/volume" traders will have access to a maker/taker system at 0.25%.

That would be an awesome feature!
Activity: 512
Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding as we've been moving offices and getting set up...

How is using automated cross currency conversion through banking api different than what is currently used?

We do not know how current exchanges handle their settlements, but they likely have an automated process that works with banking API callbacks after a user adds a bank account (a potential risk for the customer). However, they likely do not handle one-off transactions that are initiated without "having a bank account on file". That is what this patent covers, so that we can make it "optional" for users to store a bank account on file.

Regardless, this method has not been patented, so we patented it more for our protection. The goal is to ensure that patent trolls and the big banks (currently filing a lot of patents in crypto, because they want to centralize it) don't try to cut off our ability to automate payments.

Cheers,

Brandon

That's good thinking. I hadn't even thought about how the banks could screw over crypto with mass patents. Glad you guys got in on it before anyone else could think of it.
Can you disclose who your processor is? I've had similar problems before and the charge backs nearly ruined me. I got no sympathy nor help from my credit card processor.

We are using Stripe.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

So I heard they're doing bitcoin integration, is that why you chose them?

Buried question. Stripe is working with cryptos I guess, did that influence why you chose them?

*One of our newest C#/Java developer additions, Marvin, was also present but was cut out of the short video by accident!

The other two biggest reasons are that we've been scrambling to get our prototype and polished financials released. It has been a bit embarrassing that we missed the deadlines so badly. However, it is no small feat to build the foundation of a truly usable crypto solution. Unfortunately, our wallet dev team ran into serious issues with Bitcoin Cash support, encryption (on device and in memory), some blockchain functions related to Ethereum and ERC20 tokens (the most difficult to integrate into a decentralized wallet), and certain other security features we cannot publicize.

Sometimes it works out that way in the development world, and we just have to adapt and adjust.

If we had known it would have taken this long to get the prototype out, we would have just spent a much smaller $3,000 and released an extremely basic, open-source wallet like Eidoo did. They raised $28M for their very basic prototype. So, we are encouraged that once everyone finally sees what we're doing, it will get people excited and talking!

We appreciate your patience, and we feel it will all be well worth the wait! On Monday, we'll catch up on the other questions from this thread!

Take care!

Really appreciate the update. Now, time to pile more questions on top lol. Eidoo is similar to Javvy? In what ways does it differ?

Take care!
Hello,

Sorry for the delay in responding as we've been moving offices and getting set up...

How is using automated cross currency conversion through banking api different than what is currently used?

We do not know how current exchanges handle their settlements, but they likely have an automated process that works with banking API callbacks after a user adds a bank account (a potential risk for the customer). However, they likely do not handle one-off transactions that are initiated without "having a bank account on file". That is what this patent covers, so that we can make it "optional" for users to store a bank account on file.

Regardless, this method has not been patented, so we patented it more for our protection. The goal is to ensure that patent trolls and the big banks (currently filing a lot of patents in crypto, because they want to centralize it) don't try to cut off our ability to automate payments.

Cheers,

Brandon
Activity: 193
I honestly feel like the crypto world needs this wallet, (or something similar at least). I hope you guys are able to pull this off.

The second patent (62558597) rides on the first patent and extends its functionality, but the method is also able to be used on its own; which is why we filed it separately. The provisional patent will likely incorporate both and show the division between the two.

Can you clear this up for me?

I'm trying not to let this get buried, for when Javvy checks the thread and starts answering questions.
What kind of features can we expect from the launch build of the wallet that aren't already in the prototype?

Still curious about this.

You can exchange the currencies from within the wallet right? Like trade ETH for BTC?

I believe that's one of the major features, yes.
What kind of features can we expect from the launch build of the wallet that aren't already in the prototype?

Still curious about this.

You can exchange the currencies from within the wallet right? Like trade ETH for BTC?
How do you fees compare to most exchanges/wallets?

Huh

You guys must be busy, just whenever you get a chance.
Activity: 154
What crypto do you accept in your project?
Our first video was an interview with me, the CEO of Javvy. Now, here's one with Javvy's preeminent executive assistant, Katherine. Wink

Check out the video below to learn a bit about what Katherine does for Javvy and how we will be moving our offices to the Atlanta Tech Village...

Javvy Lee - Katherine Intro & Atl Tech Village Announce

Cheers,

Brandon

I guess you could call me a Javvateer then!  Grin

Hi deeltje!

Haha! Welcome and thank you for joining the Javvateer team! Happy to have you aboard! Grin

I love your guys' vids for some reason. You all seem so likable and knowledgable. My wife thinks I'm weird, because I'm sitting here on my lunch break eating a sandwich watching your vids instead of something "entertaining".

That's hilarious, deelje!

We're so glad that you're finding them to be interesting. Our videos are DEFINITELY real and put us on the spot. Most times, only Javvy Lee knows what the questions will be... Haha... Maybe your wife would find that knowledge entertaining? Crypto hot seats! We love answering everyone's questions, and we think we are more likable when we are not prepared (strange, but true!). Thank you so much for supporting us throughout this whole process! You make a GREAT Javvateer! Hopefully, we can get your wife to join with one of our upcoming videos! Any tips on how to get into her good graces?? Should we prank Brandon? Haha...Kidding... He'll be seeing this message.  Grin Hi Brandon! Love my job!!  Tongue

Thanks again,
Katie

Lol you guys are great, keep up the good work. You should kick the hot seat up a notch! Have Brandon take a bite of a very hot pepper, then answer Javvy Lee's questions. I'm messed up, I know.

That actually does sound interesting. Much more difficult to dodge and deflect once your fight or flight kicks in.

Exactly! Come on Brandon, you can handle it!
Pages:
Jump to: