Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 126. (Read 92794 times)

Activity: 554
Merit: 251
October 31, 2017, 05:18:29 AM
Good read in the next web!

Simply put, users get incentives from being active on the social marketplace – by posting their goods and services online, engaging with other users through comments and reviews, and more

Is there already any information about what kind of incentives will be for being more social on the platform?

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
October 31, 2017, 05:14:02 AM

This article is about SOMA. This article has a catchy title; Can blockchains replace retail giants like Amazon and eBay?
https://thenextweb.com/contributors/2017/08/29/can-blockchains-replace-retail-giants-like-amazon-ebay/#.tnw_JXj6256w

So guys what do you think? Can blockchains replace retail giants in the future?

I don't think that Soma will replace Amazon or eBay in the near future, and also not in the far future. Both are already too big at the moment and Somas style and idea is in my eyes not the daily shopping thing. As said before, I see Soma more as something like Etsy or so, some platform maybe for Artists to sell their stuff.

Those companies are way too big. If Soma gets to 5% of their revenue they will adapt and change their current system, or try to buy out Soma Cheesy Thats how the big stay big
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
October 31, 2017, 05:03:21 AM

This article is about SOMA. This article has a catchy title; Can blockchains replace retail giants like Amazon and eBay?
https://thenextweb.com/contributors/2017/08/29/can-blockchains-replace-retail-giants-like-amazon-ebay/#.tnw_JXj6256w

I don't think that Soma will replace Amazon or eBay in the near future, and also not in the far future. Both are already too big at the moment and Somas style and idea is in my eyes not the daily shopping thing. As said before, I see Soma more as something like Etsy or so, some platform maybe for Artists to sell their stuff.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
October 31, 2017, 04:54:13 AM

Just read this article...

In short, Soma wants to bring back the trust factor in marketplaces by adding in the social dimension. And all this is done by giving users an incentive for being more social. The fact that the platform is built on the Ethereum blockchain also makes it easier to facilitate payments through either Ether or Bitcoin, and the company is also planning to facilitate payments through cards, fiat currency and PayPal

Thats nice, that they will accept paypal. It can help them for first time become more popular
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
October 31, 2017, 04:40:26 AM

I don't think so.

If there is happening the giants would go in blockchain for preventing it.

I remember that Nokia was a giant when I was in high school, now there are other giants in the front lines. What if current giants dont believe in blockchain? I guess that is the case, which is good for SOMA
Activity: 154
October 31, 2017, 04:34:44 AM
Yep, there was a recovery but really get fucked up again by the next fork. Will this ever stop? This forking is fucking crazy. It's the third one this year.
Well, this is obviously going to happen, many people want free coin.
Will this ever stop? yes, after everyone gets their free coins.

I think Bitcoin Gold is just an altcoin using the hardfork as marketing.

As soon as people realize these forks are random alts that dont have miner support they will hopefully stop trying to collect them Cheesy
Activity: 630
Merit: 276
October 31, 2017, 04:33:36 AM

Dont think they can be replaced but those retail giants will use blockchain for sure in the future!
The first big retail giant who will use blockchain will be a step futher then the competition and will have more market value!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
October 31, 2017, 04:17:57 AM

I think it points out well why this project may be a good chance to change the old antiquate  model of selling items.

The point i agree 100% with:

In short, Soma wants to bring back the trust factor in marketplaces by adding in the social dimension. And all this is done by giving users an incentive for being more social. The fact that the platform is built on the Ethereum blockchain also makes it easier to facilitate payments through either Ether or Bitcoin, and the company is also planning to facilitate payments through cards, fiat currency and PayPal.

“The vision of the Soma community is to provide a platform that sets up a true freedom of trade, without any redundant actors that do not increase any value in the chain of transactions,” says Soma co-founder Jukka Hilmola, stressing that such a marketplace can help ensure better value and liquidity for producers and traders across the globe.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 31, 2017, 03:14:34 AM

I don't think so.

If there is happening the giants would go in blockchain for preventing it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 261
October 31, 2017, 02:54:37 AM

Blockchain is just begining . Its like a dc version of electricity . Nicola Tesla modern version will come and change the game .
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
October 31, 2017, 02:43:24 AM

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
October 31, 2017, 01:07:01 AM
Yeah. The app must be robust enough before it will be officially released to avoid issues that might affect the project.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
October 31, 2017, 12:04:24 AM
As per their road map, I understand the DEV team is rigorously testing their Beta version for release this coming 4th Q 2017.

There is a beta being teste right now or I did not understand ?

The team have been developing for alpha version especialy for android and for now only available for iOS, you can try by download it on soma website. Maybe next month or at least december soma will release beta version

all in due time, it takes effort, and time to develop an app, and more so of the scale SOMA wants to do, we already have one version, the rest will come later, they realese this so we could check the app, and show us that they are transparent in their proejct.
Activity: 490
October 30, 2017, 11:17:51 PM
I dont think there will be any problem for SOMA to get fundings. They already did good campaigning and promotions. I just think google ads and Youtube ads will boost the ICO.

What is the state of the ICO right now ?

8.181.417 SCT sold so far out of 54mill.

well, thats a good number, if you think that the ico got extended and will be running for a couple of time Smiley
Let's hope they will get investments until the end of the ICO. I saw a lot of recent ICOs who got hardly any funds in the last days of their ICO.

probably all because of the fukin forks that happend and upcoming segwit32x will not do better to the icos ><"

i really hate those forks... everyone sells tokens/alts to go into btc...

Yes they sell! But if you are a real altcoin lover you buy now Smiley
Everything is so cheap now!! Easy profit after segwit2x Smiley

Cant wait to see all the money goes back into altcoins!

I am pretty much counting and banking on that. Maybe i should leave some btc lying around, but i am going all in on icos and altcoins. I admit that's not maybe the smartest solution but i am either going to be rich or rekt. Tongue
I wouldn't be so sure about this altcoins rise just after bitcoin fork. Last time everyone was saying the same thing and it didn't happen
It was raised 10-30% right after the BTG fork, but its down again due to the upcoming fork.

Yep, there was a recovery but really get fucked up again by the next fork. Will this ever stop? This forking is fucking crazy. It's the third one this year.
Well, this is obviously going to happen, many people want free coin.
Will this ever stop? yes, after everyone gets their free coins.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
October 30, 2017, 10:08:54 PM
As per their road map, I understand the DEV team is rigorously testing their Beta version for release this coming 4th Q 2017.

There is a beta being teste right now or I did not understand ?

is there beta version available for test or closed? i want to test that, soma project is very interested i want to use app but i can't find app. is there any link for that?
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
October 30, 2017, 09:12:21 PM
I dont think there will be any problem for SOMA to get fundings. They already did good campaigning and promotions. I just think google ads and Youtube ads will boost the ICO.

well, thats a good number, if you think that the ico got extended and will be running for a couple of time Smiley
Let's hope they will get investments until the end of the ICO. I saw a lot of recent ICOs who got hardly any funds in the last days of their ICO.

probably all because of the fukin forks that happend and upcoming segwit32x will not do better to the icos ><"

I am pretty much counting and banking on that. Maybe i should leave some btc lying around, but i am going all in on icos and altcoins. I admit that's not maybe the smartest solution but i am either going to be rich or rekt. Tongue
I wouldn't be so sure about this altcoins rise just after bitcoin fork. Last time everyone was saying the same thing and it didn't happen
It was raised 10-30% right after the BTG fork, but its down again due to the upcoming fork.

Activity: 490
October 30, 2017, 08:22:03 PM

Activity: 686
Merit: 101
October 30, 2017, 07:08:47 PM

That's coming up pretty soon. I hope they will be able to iron out all the significant bugs by then. Maybe it could come out in time for people to use it for Christmas?

Closed beta, I asked if it will be accesible by invitation only but I didn't get an answer yet. Maybe it will be for token holders only, who knows

I am pretty sure the access to the beta is only granted to the ones who participated in the ICO. But I am hoping that they will release this beta then for both iOS AND Android.
Activity: 350
October 30, 2017, 06:59:33 PM

I am still sure alt coin down now will recovery after hardfork because people will taking profit from bitcoin by buying potential alt coin. As long as alt coin have bright future i think still have possibility to increase after hardfork
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
October 30, 2017, 06:54:36 PM

Jump to: