Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 125. (Read 92794 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 100
October 31, 2017, 09:04:16 AM
Optimization of the soma app will come soon, it’s just an alpha its normal, and its pretty great at the moment, youccan see how the platform will be and some features. You can check some screen, people share link in the thread.
Unfortunatelly they not launched for android first so i just can see this app from screen, can't try it directly. But no problem, the team have been working hard, maybe soon soma app for android will launch
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 31, 2017, 08:56:55 AM
The best way for soma to get users is to do a HUGE airdrop. Everyone who signs up gets like 10$ in soma coins, which can ONLY be spend on soma platform and cannot be transferred to wallets or exchanges.  That would get people to Soma, they will use the platform and this would create a network buyers and sellers

I am not sure about that, yes airdrops is hot right now but also they become mainstream and also showing quality products like shitty projects.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
October 31, 2017, 08:52:26 AM
Optimization of the soma app will come soon, it’s just an alpha its normal, and its pretty great at the moment, youccan see how the platform will be and some features. You can check some screen, people share link in the thread.
Activity: 994
Merit: 278
October 31, 2017, 08:43:25 AM
Who tried their IOS demo-version? Can you make some sreenshots or better make video review? They dont have android version. and I dont have Iphone  Undecided

did not work on my iphone5s. everytime i tried to download it, i got an error, which stopped the download process. need a new phone...

Maybe they need to optimize that instead of letting people to buy new phones Cheesy. This made me think that is hopefully this works on older models as well.
Activity: 154
October 31, 2017, 08:17:52 AM
Who tried their IOS demo-version? Can you make some sreenshots or better make video review? They dont have android version. and I dont have Iphone  Undecided

i already posted screenshots a few days ago it works quite nice
Activity: 588
October 31, 2017, 08:00:08 AM
The best way for soma to get users is to do a HUGE airdrop. Everyone who signs up gets like 10$ in soma coins, which can ONLY be spend on soma platform and cannot be transferred to wallets or exchanges.  That would get people to Soma, they will use the platform and this would create a network buyers and sellers

Actually, this is a pretty nice idea. This way, they won't be able to dump their tokens on an exchange. If they want to use them, they will browse the Soma marketplace and eventually like it that much, that they will stick to it and decide to buy and sell more things on Soma.

To attract users first, the market must work properly. Wink  But the idea of airdrop is not bad, it's a pretty good form of marketing.

it also promotes the use of the token and spreads it around raising awareness.
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
October 31, 2017, 07:59:30 AM

did not work on my iphone5s. everytime i tried to download it, i got an error, which stopped the download process. need a new phone...
Activity: 1372
Merit: 259
October 31, 2017, 07:54:57 AM
Activity: 1414
Merit: 265
Pepemo.vip
October 31, 2017, 07:47:47 AM

Actually, this is a pretty nice idea. This way, they won't be able to dump their tokens on an exchange. If they want to use them, they will browse the Soma marketplace and eventually like it that much, that they will stick to it and decide to buy and sell more things on Soma.

To attract users first, the market must work properly. Wink  But the idea of airdrop is not bad, it's a pretty good form of marketing.
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
October 31, 2017, 07:33:11 AM
Yep, there was a recovery but really get fucked up again by the next fork. Will this ever stop? This forking is fucking crazy. It's the third one this year.
Well, this is obviously going to happen, many people want free coin.
Will this ever stop? yes, after everyone gets their free coins.

I think Bitcoin Gold is just an altcoin using the hardfork as marketing.

As soon as people realize these forks are random alts that dont have miner support they will hopefully stop trying to collect them Cheesy

I agree Bitcoin cash was a "principles" fork, segwit vs big blocks but Bitcoin gold doesnìt even have to exist, there's already a mineable version of Bitcoin which is Bitcore
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
October 31, 2017, 07:15:41 AM

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504
October 31, 2017, 07:02:14 AM

That would be cool, I have seen some projects did that and it will increase the userbase at the start also it will be like a demo to the new users who wants to test.
Activity: 252
October 31, 2017, 06:54:05 AM

This article is about SOMA. This article has a catchy title; Can blockchains replace retail giants like Amazon and eBay?
https://thenextweb.com/contributors/2017/08/29/can-blockchains-replace-retail-giants-like-amazon-ebay/#.tnw_JXj6256w

So guys what do you think? Can blockchains replace retail giants in the future?

Dont think they can be replaced but those retail giants will use blockchain for sure in the future!
The first big retail giant who will use blockchain will be a step futher then the competition and will have more market value!

Some people are only just starting to use eBay and similar sites and its pretty new concept for them, thats why I cant see everyone moving to blockchain just yet.
Its certainty exciting idea for everyone who is trying to follow new technologies but it will take some time to get adopted.

It depends on a few factors which are currently quite uncertain: a lot of traditional retail companies are going extinct/bankrupt due to heavy competition from overseas online shopping; also, the adoption rate of blockchain-based solutions such as Soma will depend on how user-friendly, effective, and cost-competitive it is.
Activity: 364
Merit: 111
October 31, 2017, 06:13:40 AM
I'm really looking forward to the moment when the platform starts working. For any technology, you need time to get used to. But if technology is convenient, then the future is behind it.
Activity: 154
October 31, 2017, 06:11:26 AM
Activity: 798
Merit: 115
October 31, 2017, 05:59:49 AM

This article is about SOMA. This article has a catchy title; Can blockchains replace retail giants like Amazon and eBay?
https://thenextweb.com/contributors/2017/08/29/can-blockchains-replace-retail-giants-like-amazon-ebay/#.tnw_JXj6256w

Dont think they can be replaced but those retail giants will use blockchain for sure in the future!
The first big retail giant who will use blockchain will be a step futher then the competition and will have more market value!

Some people are only just starting to use eBay and similar sites and its pretty new concept for them, thats why I cant see everyone moving to blockchain just yet.
Its certainty exciting idea for everyone who is trying to follow new technologies but it will take some time to get adopted.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
October 31, 2017, 05:58:31 AM
Good read in the next web!

Simply put, users get incentives from being active on the social marketplace – by posting their goods and services online, engaging with other users through comments and reviews, and more

Is there already any information about what kind of incentives will be for being more social on the platform?

Beside the main token SCT (Soma Community Token) there is going to be a another token URS (User Rewarding System) specifically designed for rewarding people that helps out giving usefull reviews or advices.
Is not going to be as dominant as SCT but URS This token is integral part of the market economy, so is going to have a value as well and there is going to be demand for it.

From the white paper:
URS is based on Soma Community Token (SCT), which is an ERC20 Token that is allocated inside the platform in relation
to a user’s contribution individually, thus making Soma a ”perfect meritocracy” – a model which excludes the need for third
parties and provides the most efficient distribution of wealth.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 31, 2017, 05:52:30 AM

I don't think so.

If there is happening the giants would go in blockchain for preventing it.

I remember that Nokia was a giant when I was in high school, now there are other giants in the front lines. What if current giants dont believe in blockchain? I guess that is the case, which is good for SOMA

You can't compare nokia with amazon. It's same with comparing apples and oranges.

If soma can even make %1 of their gross, it would be amazing.
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
October 31, 2017, 05:28:19 AM

I don't think that Soma will replace Amazon or eBay in the near future, and also not in the far future. Both are already too big at the moment and Somas style and idea is in my eyes not the daily shopping thing. As said before, I see Soma more as something like Etsy or so, some platform maybe for Artists to sell their stuff.

I havent heard about Etsy before, but since you compare SOMA with Etsy, I will have a look. Also interesting; artist are the kind of people that are open for new ideas and experiments so this is not a bad idea at all
Activity: 294
October 31, 2017, 05:25:24 AM
As per their road map, I understand the DEV team is rigorously testing their Beta version for release this coming 4th Q 2017.

There is a beta being teste right now or I did not understand ?

is there beta version available for test or closed? i want to test that, soma project is very interested i want to use app but i can't find app. is there any link for that?

Same, it's good to test everything to gauge the potential of the project.
Jump to: