Author

Topic: [ANN][ICO] SOMA - The Social Marketplace - page 132. (Read 92794 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
October 29, 2017, 12:46:59 PM
it's awesome! we will have the opportunity to promote a product and be rewarded in sct and as sct is a token erc20 it is liquid and transferable and therefore very functional.
Activity: 182
October 29, 2017, 12:08:57 PM
Soma has planned in 2018 to integrate the iot, knowing that this market is in full swing and innovates enormously it should be huge !
Activity: 462
October 29, 2017, 11:59:22 AM
Soma already raised enough money to launch the project no matter the amount raised, its really nice, you can already know that the project will go on. And with the potential of soma, I think investors will continue to come, and the project will have a great value.
They will use additional funds to help advertise their business and other marketing campaigns
That makes the project even more a attractive. We all know the importance of a good marketing campaign for the viability of a project.
Activity: 280
Merit: 106
October 29, 2017, 11:52:32 AM
Soma already raised enough money to launch the project no matter the amount raised, its really nice, you can already know that the project will go on. And with the potential of soma, I think investors will continue to come, and the project will have a great value.
They will use additional funds to help advertise their business and other marketing campaigns
Activity: 574
Merit: 115
October 29, 2017, 11:48:35 AM
I went again through the whitepaper, what i think will differentiate this project from the online marketplace we are used to is the rewarding system they are going to implement. This will basically create a market into the market where users get rewarded by promoting and adding value to products being on sale.

People can get rewarded with USR tokens and make some profit out of it.

At the moment the closest thing to this in market like ebay and amazon is the review of the product, some are very good but none of these get any reward. Think about it

Yes they get rewarded that's why I'm scared if some groups focusing on rewards pop up, if they will be able to gain a huge amount of SCT they can drive the price up and down as they please

If you put it that way it reminds me of advertisements, but there is still difference: with advertisements the seller hires a marketing studio, while with Soma the reviewers choose which product they prefer.

Activity: 392
October 29, 2017, 11:47:26 AM
After ICO you can buy remaining SOMA tokens on their platform. Also interesting: "Soma will provide a "liquidity reserve" of SCT, which will only be utilized in a theoretical situation, for instance, if after the ICO the SCT is not liquid enough to support the functioning of the Soma platform." From whitepaper.

They wont burn it? Dont like that idea, i hope it doesnt backfire back on them. I dont see the reason of doing that since their ICO is going quite good.

Sorry to come back to that point but are you sure that they will offer remaining SCTs on their platform. Do you have a source for that? Did they change it when they extended the ICO because I was pretty sure I read that they will burn all unsold tokens!?

Can't remember what the whitepaper says about unsold tokens, but someone of SOMA team (I think Joseph) said in telegram that unsold tokens will be burned. Would be good to get a confirmation here.

Yeah, Telegram is also where I have my information from. That's why I was wondering why it is said here, that they will offer remaining SCTs on their platform. Maybe I missed the announcement, it's hard to keep up to date on all the interesting projects out there. But nevertheless a statement from an official dev would be great.

It's important for us to know as it will reflect the long term price of the token.
That's true. Such things should be well addressed in the whitepaper. That's very important to build up trust between investors and devs.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
October 29, 2017, 11:38:40 AM
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
October 29, 2017, 11:35:57 AM
I went again through the whitepaper, what i think will differentiate this project from the online marketplace we are used to is the rewarding system they are going to implement. This will basically create a market into the market where users get rewarded by promoting and adding value to products being on sale.

At the moment the closest thing to this in market like ebay and amazon is the review of the product, some are very good but none of these get any reward. Think about it

Yes they get rewarded that's why I'm scared if some groups focusing on rewards pop up, if they will be able to gain a huge amount of SCT they can drive the price up and down as they please

What exactly do you mean with driving the price up and down like they want? You mean the token price?

Yes, I'm talking about well coordinated groups of 100+ people, they shill products and they receive SCT in exchange for doing that. But it's just a fantasy in mind and maybe it will not happen Cheesy
Activity: 462
October 29, 2017, 11:29:04 AM
They said before, that they have money from venture inverstors. So they dont have soft cap.

I like this kind of projects, you make an investment and regardless of what it will continue. I hate sending some eth waiting for some months and get it back because apparently, ico couldn't hit the soft cap.

Besides that, you also loose money, because you could have invested that money in other successful ICO. So you should be careful about what ICO you invest in

That's the risk of all the ICO's we all invest money thinking that they will succeed but not all of them succeed. Hopefully this will be successful an we can make some money with it Grin
Activity: 336
Merit: 112
October 29, 2017, 11:11:54 AM

What exactly do you mean with driving the price up and down like they want? You mean the token price?
Activity: 224
Become Part of the Mining Family
October 29, 2017, 10:13:12 AM
They said before, that they have money from venture inverstors. So they dont have soft cap.

I like this kind of projects, you make an investment and regardless of what it will continue. I hate sending some eth waiting for some months and get it back because apparently, ico couldn't hit the soft cap.

Besides that, you also loose money, because you could have invested that money in other successful ICO. So you should be careful about what ICO you invest in
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
October 29, 2017, 09:52:48 AM

Activity: 994
Merit: 278
October 29, 2017, 09:39:53 AM

Yeah, this could strengthen the community. While bigger companies don't need to reward users, i am wondering why any rising competition haven't thought about implementing this strategy before.
Activity: 952
Merit: 137
October 29, 2017, 09:24:16 AM
After ICO you can buy remaining SOMA tokens on their platform. Also interesting: "Soma will provide a "liquidity reserve" of SCT, which will only be utilized in a theoretical situation, for instance, if after the ICO the SCT is not liquid enough to support the functioning of the Soma platform." From whitepaper.

They wont burn it? Dont like that idea, i hope it doesnt backfire back on them. I dont see the reason of doing that since their ICO is going quite good.

Sorry to come back to that point but are you sure that they will offer remaining SCTs on their platform. Do you have a source for that? Did they change it when they extended the ICO because I was pretty sure I read that they will burn all unsold tokens!?

Can't remember what the whitepaper says about unsold tokens, but someone of SOMA team (I think Joseph) said in telegram that unsold tokens will be burned. Would be good to get a confirmation here.

Yeah, Telegram is also where I have my information from. That's why I was wondering why it is said here, that they will offer remaining SCTs on their platform. Maybe I missed the announcement, it's hard to keep up to date on all the interesting projects out there. But nevertheless a statement from an official dev would be great.

That's not good news for investors. I hope they put a very high price so investors wouldn't suffer because of it.

well, i really would like to hear a official statement from the devs, not just telegram gibbish.

if this is true, damn, no one would buy the token during ico and preffer to wait until everything is settled up with the price on the exchange to buy back cheap OO"
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 29, 2017, 09:13:54 AM

That's not good news for investors. I hope they put a very high price so investors wouldn't suffer because of it.
Activity: 588
October 29, 2017, 09:09:42 AM

It's important for us to know as it will reflect the long term price of the token.
Activity: 686
Merit: 101
October 29, 2017, 08:57:35 AM

Activity: 518
Merit: 101
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
October 29, 2017, 08:26:05 AM

Activity: 294
October 29, 2017, 08:23:01 AM
I wonder if SOMA will again extend the ICO, if for example they do not collect the desired amount before November 15? So far, as I see it sold slightly more than 15% of the planned number of tokens.

In the past I saw Corion ICO being extended and it gained more investors because they spent time traveling to promote their ICO. I'm wondering if SOMA devs plan to attend some blockchain related events in these 15 days to push the ICO

Would be great, private investors worth millions are more and more present at events.
The best thing about private investors is that the aren't dumping tokens without any reason Wink

I would not be so sure about this in fact  Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 1416
October 29, 2017, 08:07:32 AM

Jump to: