Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]KiwiCoin [X11][New Zealand Made!][News!] Fast, Secure, 100% Kiwi ✦ - page 7. (Read 47075 times)

legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
We have flicked them an e-mail awaiting a reply back Smiley

We also realize that we are at the very early stages of a new coin and still trying to get more and more people to adopt Kiwi. We are working on it, as we said our marketing/design dev is currently busy with his new born but should be back as soon as he can.

In the mean while we are working as hard as we can to push out exciting new things for everyone!

We have seen a price plummet, but don't worry guys that doesn't deter the fact that we still want this to be great, to be huge even. We are still 100% commited to making this what it could be!

I don't want to sound like a jerk, as I do support you.  But I have been mining since launch, I have paid a lot on rentals since launch. I have been buying Kiwi from 5000 sat till 2500 sat (and am out of btc).  I am in your IRC and here and rarely see anything going on.  Maybe you  shouldn't have planned to launch a coin on your wife's due date. But even so, I am a professional and I went right back to work the day after my children were born.  Enough with the excuses, get to work getting your coin noticed, marketed, and out there so people will buy it.  If not this was all for nothing.  There are too many new coins and plenty of alternatives to mine or buy other than Kiwi, so you'd better start making it happen, or it never will.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Cool update. Why would anyone lose faith in Kiwi so soon? You guys have been doing nothing wrong at all, unlike many of the new coins released in the same past week or so.

But I want to know, as someone who is not as tech savvy, what do these features do exactly?

Automatic Checkpointing
KiwiCoin URI Scheme
Time Travel Reduction

Hi kmodovpm,

We are about to update the main post with that info, you beat us to it Smiley But for people that are interested right now the updates include the following;

Automatic Checkpointing
Instead of updating and pushing new code every time we want to add a new block checkpoint we can add this which means no more having to recompile new wallets/code every time we want to add a new checkpoint.

This will allow us to defend against TW attacks and 51% attacks to the network. It does however introduce some centralization to the system. This is unfortunate, but can be easily rolled back when the coin is mature enough.

KiwiCoin URI Scheme
Adding this allows users to add "kiwicoin:kiwicoinaddresshere" links to your websites etc and when you click on it, it will open up a payment box to the address listed etc.

Time Travel Reduction
Reduces the ability for attackers to try and force on very old blocks or very new block to try and change difficulty adjust behaviour. The ability to warp the blockchain time and also been limited. Blocks submitted more than 15 minutes outside of the blockchain's time will be rejected and other nodes cannot affect blockchain time by more than 14 minutes.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Update:

Hi everyone!

Its been a frantic few days so far! We are proud to announce that the next wallet update will be released this weekend (June 8th 11AM NZST). You can check the main post for more details about what the update includes etc.

We apologize for being a bit slow on the update side of things as everything that has happened and being a dev down has put a strain on things but don't worry we are still here! We are still fully committed to bringing you updates/changes and including any suggestions that all you guys want to see!

We hope you all haven't lost faith in us, and believe that we are truly here to make this your coin!

Like always if you have any suggestions/complaints/feedback please don't hesitate to message us or post here and we will do our utmost best to resolve/incorporate Smiley

Team at KiwiCoin

Cool update. Why would anyone lose faith in Kiwi so soon? You guys have been doing nothing wrong at all, unlike many of the new coins released in the same past week or so.

But I want to know, as someone who is not as tech savvy, what do these features do exactly?

Automatic Checkpointing
KiwiCoin URI Scheme
Time Travel Reduction
Update:

Hi everyone!

Its been a frantic few days so far! We are proud to announce that the next wallet update will be released this weekend (June 8th 11AM NZST). You can check the main post for more details about what the update includes etc.

We apologize for being a bit slow on the update side of things as everything that has happened and being a dev down has put a strain on things but don't worry we are still here! We are still fully committed to bringing you updates/changes and including any suggestions that all you guys want to see!

We hope you all haven't lost faith in us, and believe that we are truly here to make this your coin!

Like always if you have any suggestions/complaints/feedback please don't hesitate to message us or post here and we will do our utmost best to resolve/incorporate Smiley

Team at KiwiCoin
I still do not have received the free coins.. what is going on are you joking with people?

Give them some time. They're dealing with a lot of users, you will receive your free coins. I suggest you PM the dev if you haven't already. If you have, I suggest waiting another day or two for a response as I imagine they're busy working on a backlog of users' messages requesting updates/free coins.

I received 2 days ago the mail and have sent my walletaddress. But still not received coins.

Could you please pm is your email you signed up with and kiwi address? We are very sorry about this and will fix asap!
Activity: 799
Merit: 1000
I still do not have received the free coins.. what is going on are you joking with people?

Give them some time. They're dealing with a lot of users, you will receive your free coins. I suggest you PM the dev if you haven't already. If you have, I suggest waiting another day or two for a response as I imagine they're busy working on a backlog of users' messages requesting updates/free coins.

I received 2 days ago the mail and have sent my walletaddress. But still not received coins.

Activity: 3
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
please vote for KiwiCoin add to Coinader Exchange

https://www.coinader.com/voting

I don't know about that. Coinader stills owes me 700k ecc when they all but disappeared back in December. I wouldn't vote or trade there again.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
please vote for KiwiCoin add to Coinader Exchange

https://www.coinader.com/voting
Activity: 137
I see WhatMine.com have listed Kiwicoin.
Its great you're an active dev but if you or your team dont move fast developing new ideas then Kiwicoin will have a harder time engaging the wider market. People will lose interest and start dumping the coin. Looking at your website theres still much information to upload. Why is the "the devs" page empty? Thats quite important. The community will limit itself investing in Kiwicoin if they have no idea who developed it.

The only thing thats changed in the past 3 days was a new logo, you keep mentioning things are slow cause of this or that. Thats not the way to go, dont give out excuses - fix them, just like what happened during launch. That was a quick fix.

I offered translating this thread into Spanish, sent it out 3 days ago. I haven't gotten a reply. I know you guys are busy but you have to work faster!

PS: Im a 100% kiwicoin fan

Hi mineriqui,

We are glad you are a Kiwi fan, thas what makes this worth it. We agree on most of the points you have listed. We are trying our best but with the launch hiccup and the dev being away its kinda thrown things into a spin and its practically the worst timing we could have asked for.

I think we have witnessed over the last few hours of trades people are showing less interest, but that does not deter us from our work and are still striving to push out new things as fast as possible.

We are sorry we may have missed your pm as we have received so many so far, so if youd like to send another one we will make sure to get back to you!

Lastly thank you for your input it is much appreciated, as this is all your guys coin as much as it is ours and we strive to make it the best we can.
Activity: 23
Its great you're an active dev but if you or your team dont move fast developing new ideas then Kiwicoin will have a harder time engaging the wider market. People will lose interest and start dumping the coin. Looking at your website theres still much information to upload. Why is the "the devs" page empty? Thats quite important. The community will limit itself investing in Kiwicoin if they have no idea who developed it.

The only thing thats changed in the past 3 days was a new logo, you keep mentioning things are slow cause of this or that. Thats not the way to go, dont give out excuses - fix them, just like what happened during launch. That was a quick fix.

I offered translating this thread into Spanish, sent it out 3 days ago. I haven't gotten a reply. I know you guys are busy but you have to work faster!

PS: Im a 100% kiwicoin fan

We have flicked them an e-mail awaiting a reply back Smiley

We also realize that we are at the very early stages of a new coin and still trying to get more and more people to adopt Kiwi. We are working on it, as we said our marketing/design dev is currently busy with his new born but should be back as soon as he can.

In the mean while we are working as hard as we can to push out exciting new things for everyone!

We have seen a price plummet, but don't worry guys that doesn't deter the fact that we still want this to be great, to be huge even. We are still 100% commited to making this what it could be!
Activity: 137
How do you feel about setting up a charity for taking donations or contributions to saving kiwis?
Any way of slotting in with this for example: http://www.kiwisforkiwi.org/ ?
They take donations, maybe someone from the team could contact them about accepting kiwicoin (and thus BTC.)
It might make news in New Zealand.
I have no vested interest. I only have 1 kiwi coin that I mined just to check if it works.

Wow that is a good idea, it will grab media attention guaranteed.

Also worth signing up to 100% New Zealand program.

Save these Little Fellas - V

This is a sleeper coin about to waker up.
IPOminer has been on it.
Multipools are getting on it.
Someone is accumulating at Bittrex.

Dev's you should push to get on Poloniex and do some P.R. Marketing.
The price could explode.

Thanks for your support jimlite,

We have been added to the voting page on mintpal, and have submitted to poloniex. We are indeed of need for some marketing but as we stated a few posts ago our marketing/design dev has just had his baby so he is busy with that at the moment.

We do believe that we can go far we just all need your support, after all this is your coin just as much as it is ours Smiley

Well you won't get onto Mintpal unless you are wildly popular, so don't wast time. Try to get on Poloniex, but they need to see volume on Bittrex first.  If your marketing guy is not doing his job due to the baby, your team should be buying all the Kiwi at Bittrex up to like 5k-6k satoshi to keep the price up till marketing. Too many coins devs dont do that and watch their coin keep losing value.  You need to buy it back when it gets cheap. But what is your definition of cheap? 4k, 5k, 10k?

+1

Kiwi's price is actually doing quite well for a brand new coin though. The price has dropped since it got on bittrex but not by too much, and it seems be sustaining avg 3.5k sats.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018
This is a sleeper coin about to waker up.
IPOminer has been on it.
Multipools are getting on it.
Someone is accumulating at Bittrex.

Dev's you should push to get on Poloniex and do some P.R. Marketing.
The price could explode.

Thanks for your support jimlite,

We have been added to the voting page on mintpal, and have submitted to poloniex. We are indeed of need for some marketing but as we stated a few posts ago our marketing/design dev has just had his baby so he is busy with that at the moment.

We do believe that we can go far we just all need your support, after all this is your coin just as much as it is ours Smiley

Well you won't get onto Mintpal unless you are wildly popular, so don't wast time. Try to get on Poloniex, but they need to see volume on Bittrex first.  If your marketing guy is not doing his job due to the baby, your team should be buying all the Kiwi at Bittrex up to like 5k-6k satoshi to keep the price up till marketing. Too many coins devs dont do that and watch their coin keep losing value.  You need to buy it back when it gets cheap. But what is your definition of cheap? 4k, 5k, 10k?
No disrespect, but youre getting your confirmation from Franky? And he knows better how?.... I can send you information from the report from the Ministry of Heritage and Culture which I received under the official information Act which confirms everything I am stating... Are any of you actually in New Zealand?

Wikohika,

We didn't mean we were getting out confirmation from franky he just confirmed what we had already researched. We are going only on what we have researched which doesn't make us confident enough to go any further sorry.

We wish you well in the future,

Regards,
Team at KiwiCoin
Activity: 3
No disrespect, but youre getting your confirmation from Franky? And he knows better how?.... I can send you information from the report from the Ministry of Heritage and Culture which I received under the official information Act which confirms everything I am stating... Are any of you actually in New Zealand?
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Hi zhou0304,

Yes we are currently on a few exchanges (Bittrex, AllCoin) , they are all listed on the first post.
Great, this is a good step towards even better community.
thanks
Pages:
Jump to: