Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 376. (Read 1192000 times)

Activity: 567
Merit: 270
@drai that sucks for your loss.

However I seem to remember there being a warning about this being beta software .

Atleast you still have your 53000 kmd, thats over $100,000 in value that james and team have created for you.

I do feel your pain though. Polo allowed 600 ltc to be stolen from me.

So chaulk it up to a loss or an expensive learning mistake, we all make em.

Thanks Peanutbutterpolka,
I know this is a wonderful team, I appreciate very much their job and furthermore their effort. I'm here since the ico began and tried to support when possible.
I know the importance of technical value and hope that komodo features will be useful to more people as possible. Anyway komodo value is given by us, like in any other case. Unfortunately our understanding of crypto's value is really slow but you see that motivated by profits our brain is speeded up also Grin

In my case when my brain is too much active I easily make mistakes. In this case I want really know what's my mistake. Beta software is next to release. Cannot have a critical bug like this. I switched from Agama to Komodo Swing just because it was suggested. I'd preferred to click thousand of times on 'send transaction' Agama button but not to loose the interests. I asked and read during a month to have the safest solution.
I think that you have not to blame Poloniex for your ltc. I remember that your 2FA was disabled.
Can I blame my self for my interests to be assigned to miners in anyway?

I think more details about your Agama Wallet are needed?
How many inteersts was visible before you sent 9 kmd?
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Sent about 9 KMD to myself two days ago, but no change of "interest earned" visible on my Agama wallet (basilisk mode) 
Activity: 38
Can anyone help me?

I installed the Agama wallet and it works fine on my desktop but my laptop doesn't work. I just get "Starting Iguana daemon" message.

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
Is Komodo wallet "backed" by seeds or wallet.dat (or something like that?)

Seed in basilisk mode (light wallet mode)

Wallet.dat in native mode

Thanks. And where is the wallet.dat located?  Appdata?

\AppData\Roaming\Komodo
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
Is Komodo wallet "backed" by seeds or wallet.dat (or something like that?)

Seed in basilisk mode (light wallet mode)

Wallet.dat in native mode

Thanks. And where is the wallet.dat located?  Appdata?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
has the snapshot been done yet?
Activity: 160
can we have a RoadMap about supernet projects? Smart contracts, Jumbrl, EasyDEX....
Activity: 40
@drai that sucks for your loss.

However I seem to remember there being a warning about this being beta software .

Atleast you still have your 53000 kmd, thats over $100,000 in value that james and team have created for you.

I do feel your pain though. Polo allowed 600 ltc to be stolen from me.

So chaulk it up to a loss or an expensive learning mistake, we all make em.
Activity: 476
Merit: 133
It seems a moderator deleted the following post without explanation. It is 100% relevant to this thread, so please explain why it was deleted.

I think a more simple way to think about it is that client nodes are not for earning fees, but rather trading using native DEX where you never give up control of your funds and can take advantage of liquidity multiplication.

Technically, unix nodes have a much easier time with the networking (assuming firewall isnt blocking ports) and an LP node will need to provide low level services to client nodes to allow the client nodes to publish offer in the decentralized orderbooks.

The reason is that a lot of client nodes using home connections simply wont be able to bind an address in a way that external nodes can connect to them. To solve this methods similar to a STUN server is needed, ie. using a universally accessible node to create an automatic forwarding.

Assuming reasonable network size, the added load on the LP nodes wont be that much and the advantage is that the orderbooks will get that many more orders, liquidity and dexfees. So, it is expected LP node operators have purchased DEX asset to earn revenues from the DEX operation. Since SuperNET has a large stake in DEX, it will be able to run all the LP nodes that the ecosystem needs. Of course, more LP nodes are always welcome as everything is open source and a very important aspect is reliability.

A client node that is depending on another node to provide low level connectivity to the orderbook and other nodes will lose that connectivity if the other node goes down for whatever reason. So if you want more reliability, you would need to run an LP node.

The client node will be divulging their ip address to the LP node that provides the forwarding services, so you cant assume the ip will be private, though of course there wont be any logging of ip addresses by the SuperNET nodes. Since anybody can run an LP node, you cant assume the LP nodes are not logging ip addresses.

However, the purpose of native DEX is to trade, not privacy. To obtain privacy, use JUMBLR.
There seems to still be a lot of confusion about the 5% APR, there is no magic, there are just a few simple rules. Given an understanding of these rules, all questions about how interest work can be answered.

In order to be eligible for interest a transaction has to be over an hour old and the transaction needs the lockTime field set and be for 10 or more KMD.

Given a utxo that conforms to that, when it is spent, up to a maximum of 5% the value of the utxo is added to the sum of the inputs that funds the transaction. The rate is approximately 5% per year, with a bit of variance due to some rounding errors, especially with larger utxo, but on average it will be 5% per year.

That's basically it. All the nodes make the same calculation as the timestamps used to determine the duration are the lockTime field in the tx and the timestamp of the prior block. The compound interest effect is a natural byproduct of the interest being added to a payment as you then have more KMD to earn interest with. There is no special code for compounding.

Just like not spending all your inputs, anything left over goes to the miner. This is how bitcoin has always worked.

The command line komodod has been doing interest calculations properly for quite a long time now. Users that choose to not use the most reliable command line variant need to make sure all the features they need have been fully validated, especially as all the GUI are works in progress and experimental in nature.
Hi komodo Team and JL777: is it correct that we get the interest every hour without doing anything? I thought we have first transfer the kmd to another address to get the interest? It would Be Not good when we get interest without doing anything because than i have to pay 40% taxes to my Profit :-(
The interest is accrued every minute (starting after an hour for any utxo > 10 KMD with locktime set)

however, it can be argued that it is not there yet as the coins are only created when you spend that utxo.

So you are accruing the interest, but I am pretty sure that until you collect it, it didnt exist. I know govts like to tax everything, but I think it would be hard for them to argue that they can tax unclaimed interest. the reason is that maybe you decide you wont ever claim it (this is possible) and the max coins cap is reached and so you would never be able to.

Due to this, you should be safe from being taxed on the accrued, but not in existence interest

Keep in mind you must make a transaction at least once a year, or you will lose the interest. About once a week I send myself .001 KMD so the interest is added to my balance so I can compound the earnings.
This is not correct. You dont lose interest by not spending it, there is just a cap of 5% interest that can accrue to a utxo
Hi komodo Team and JL777: is it correct that we get the interest every hour without doing anything? I thought we have first transfer the kmd to another address to get the interest? It would Be Not good when we get interest without doing anything because than i have to pay 40% taxes to my Profit :-(
The interest is accrued every minute (starting after an hour for any utxo > 10 KMD with locktime set)

however, it can be argued that it is not there yet as the coins are only created when you spend that utxo.

So you are accruing the interest, but I am pretty sure that until you collect it, it didnt exist. I know govts like to tax everything, but I think it would be hard for them to argue that they can tax unclaimed interest. the reason is that maybe you decide you wont ever claim it (this is possible) and the max coins cap is reached and so you would never be able to.

Due to this, you should be safe from being taxed on the accrued, but not in existence interest
Maybe I missed past posts that explained it with same accuracy and details.
I had to understand it only after I've lost my interests.

I'd like your opinion James about my case.
Don't you think would be fair a refund of my 630 KMD of interests that Komodo GUI wallet wrongly sent to miners.
Also considering that I warned komodoPlatform and the whole community to not use a bugged version ?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19539061

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

Keep in mind you must make a transaction at least once a year, or you will lose the interest. About once a week I send myself .001 KMD so the interest is added to my balance so I can compound the earnings.
Activity: 160
any news for the snapshot for JUMBRL?
Activity: 399
Merit: 251

I don't think investment tax is same as income tax, otherwise all the rich will be broke giving a way 40% of their investments, I think its about 14% tax.

Depends on where you live, I guess? In some countries you only pay TAX over a certain amount of capital...

Try to find a website where you can calculate this. Usually the government provides a calculation tool for things like this....
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

I don't think investment tax is same as income tax, otherwise all the rich will be broke giving a way 40% of their investments, I think its about 14% tax.

Activity: 14
Jump to: