Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 626. (Read 1191996 times)

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020
expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()
Iguana Desktop Application 0.1.4 released!

It is a better version than previous betas, but as always still be cautious, as this still might have unknown bugs. The SuperNET Team is YET testing this beta. Once we get the signal, this may go as the main release. But, until then, please be cautious using your funds with this pre-beta wallet.

Always make sure to backup your wallet seed and privkeys.

@KomodoPlatform

Having had my payout request processed, all I've got so far is my wallet seed- i.e. the 12 word passphrase that was generated on the ICO site (https://ico.komodoplatform.com/)

presumably I get my privkeys when I install/run the wallet

also I assume that having installed the wallet (Basilisk or full mode) there's a facility for importing your seed so that your kmd balance shows up on your wallet.

correct?

Apologies for the basic questions and if they've been answered elsewhere

Thanks in advance Smiley

Yes, just login with the seed and you are in the wallet. Nothing to import.

You will see when you launch the app Smiley

Has the revs asset been assigned to people who deposited BTCD to the ICO site after the ICO? I dont see it in my account

Yes, REVS have been distributed. However, there is no GUI for REVS blockchain yet.

We do have an explorer: http://revs.supernet.org/

I have some critic about the asset generation in general.

Ok, now as Komodo is live, we have a bunch of new assets:
KMD itself
BTCD, this one will disappear, but its still there
REVS for old BTCD-holders
Supernet
KV the new Key-Value Chain
- There were already a lot of other supernet assets like Atomic and so on...

But creating a new asset for each Supernet functionality is dilluting the supernet value, also if supernet holders get 20% of it. Thats why Supernet couldn't really raise much since it was created.
I suggest to be a little concerned, before creating next time...
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
how do you send KMD in de Iguana app??
Im using the basilisk mode

Click the "+" sign top right
Activity: 73
Merit: 10

find the orange + button
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Has the revs asset been assigned to people who deposited BTCD to the ICO site after the ICO? I dont see it in my account
If you did a payout that was processed, it would have been processed.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

It is a better version than previous betas, but as always still be cautious, as this still might have unknown bugs. The SuperNET Team is YET testing this beta. Once we get the signal, this may go as the main release. But, until then, please be cautious using your funds with this pre-beta wallet.

@KomodoPlatform

Having had my payout request processed, all I've got so far is my wallet seed- i.e. the 12 word passphrase that was generated on the ICO site (https://ico.komodoplatform.com/)

also I assume that having installed the wallet (Basilisk or full mode) there's a facility for importing your seed so that your kmd balance shows up on your wallet.

correct?

Thanks in advance Smiley

Yes, just login with the seed and you are in the wallet. Nothing to import.

You will see when you launch the app Smiley

Yes, REVS have been distributed. However, there is no GUI for REVS blockchain yet.

We do have an explorer: http://revs.supernet.org/
Activity: 204
Merit: 100
legendary
I have a question regarding REVS.  I saw my REVS balance on the ICO site shortly after the coin distribution, but now I see them listed as KMD.  I installed Iguana, but I only see my KMD there.  How do I access my REVS?

The balance on the top used to read REVS but now shows KMD

Bump Smiley
it is a display bug,clearly REVS should be REVS and not KMD
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
I have a question regarding REVS.  I saw my REVS balance on the ICO site shortly after the coin distribution, but now I see them listed as KMD.  I installed Iguana, but I only see my KMD there.  How do I access my REVS?

The balance on the top used to read REVS but now shows KMD

Bump Smiley
legendary
Notice to exchanges only:
(If you are not running komodod for an exchange, ignore this post)

The following is a suggested way for exchanges to switch from not having -exchange set to having -exchange set. If you never ran komodod without -exchange, then there is no need for this migration method

To change modes:
a) backup all privkeys (launch komodod with -exportdir= and dumpwallet)
b) start a totally new sync including wallet.dat, launch with same exportdir
c) stop it before it gets too far and import all the privkeys from a) using komodo-cli importwallet filename
d) resume sync till it gets to chaintip

For example:
./komodod -exportdir=/tmp &
./komodo-cli dumpwallet example
./komodo-cli stop
mv ~/.komodo ~/.komodo.old && mkdir ~/.komodo && cp ~/.komodo.old/komodo.conf ~/.komodo.old/peers.dat ~/.komodo
./komodod -exchange -exportdir=/tmp &
./komodo-cli importwallet /tmp/example

The above process will migrate all privkeys from the old regime of no -exchange to the new one with -exchange.

coinexchange.io is helping to validate this process works as expected. Thanks to him for all the help in getting this fix and migration process validated
Activity: 577

@KomodoPlatform

correct?

Thanks in advance Smiley
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
A Trader & An Investor
Would it be possible to updaye the OP at some point with links to exchanges etc. It still shows ICO and there hasn't been any updates.

Yes, I think it is high time to update the DP of this thread with latest information such as the exchanges, road map and other details. I appreciate everything that has been done by the team. Hats off guys! Looking forward to see KMD heading to the moon!
legendary
I pushed a test version to the komodo dev branch that should solve the sporadic errors on sendtoaddress.

Coincidentally, it also addresses the concerns about exchanges stockpiling interests, at least during the hotfix's lifetime. I would be open to a pull request that fixes this more properly, but this area of code is the bitcoin c++ and has always been very sensitive to any changes. Since we are already live in mainnet, I dont want to change it unless there is no other option.

However, there is an other option with the new -exchange command line argument. What this does is suppress the interests calculation in just the wallet, but enabling the KOMODO_EXCHANGEWALLET mode. What that means is that whenever the wallet creates a transaction, it will pretend there is no interest. This avoids a support incident and has the effect of shifting the interest accrued from the exchange to the miners/notaries.

Of course, any exchange is free to not run in this mode by adding error handling, but at least there is an out of the box solution that solves the exchange's customer support issue.

after coinexchange.io validates this fix actually works, I will propagate it to all the branches.

Incident Reported 10:40am
Received 11:54 am
Issue identified 12:09 pm
proposed fix submitted 1:30pm

More feedback from coinexchange.io

We realized that you need to recreate a wallet.dat with just the privkeys and resync the change IF you are changing -exchange mode.

The reason is that all prior transactions will have slightly different values when -exchange mode is changed, so wallet conflict city. Have to run the entire tx history for a wallet using the same -exchange mode
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
A Wound in Eternity
Would it be possible to updaye the OP at some point with links to exchanges etc. It still shows ICO and there hasn't been any updates.
legendary
I pushed a test version to the komodo dev branch that should solve the sporadic errors on sendtoaddress.

Coincidentally, it also addresses the concerns about exchanges stockpiling interests, at least during the hotfix's lifetime. I would be open to a pull request that fixes this more properly, but this area of code is the bitcoin c++ and has always been very sensitive to any changes. Since we are already live in mainnet, I dont want to change it unless there is no other option.

However, there is an other option with the new -exchange command line argument. What this does is suppress the interests calculation in just the wallet, but enabling the KOMODO_EXCHANGEWALLET mode. What that means is that whenever the wallet creates a transaction, it will pretend there is no interest. This avoids a support incident and has the effect of shifting the interest accrued from the exchange to the miners/notaries.

Of course, any exchange is free to not run in this mode by adding error handling, but at least there is an out of the box solution that solves the exchange's customer support issue.

after coinexchange.io validates this fix actually works, I will propagate it to all the branches.

Thanks to coinexchange.io's very fast feedback, we confirm the primary error is fixed, however the fix created a secondary error in some cases. Pushed a fix for that and I have good confidence it will work.

feedback received from coinexchange.io 2:03PM
revised release 2:20PM
It seems coinexchange.io does not believe in weekends and is providing realtime feedback on the fixes. Thanks to him, I was able to get a quick turnaround for this fix. Often getting test feedback is the bottleneck to fixing an issue. If a lot of time passes from when I code a fix to find the result, I can spend a lot of time just remembering all the issues about it.

fix confirmed 2:30PM
propagated to master branch 2:35PM
Incident closed
Activity: 1344
Merit: 252
We encourage you to join our new KMD POOL

BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC BTC

www.komodopool.com

To mine KMD just use any ZCASH (EquiHash) miner

Claymore Zminer https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-zcashbtg-amd-gpu-miner-v126-windowslinux-1670733 config example:

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool komodopool.com:7778 -zwal RYZx1e7kVNTuQ6RTrvTkYeZAz5uJobC3pg -zpsw x -allpools 1 -i 5
Instead of RYZx1e7kVNTuQ6RTrvTkYeZAz5uJobC3pg put your KMD wallet address. You can get one here: https://supernet.org/en/products/iguana

Fee is 0.5%

All miners are welcome :-)  Smiley

What about min payout and earning statistic? Thanks.

There is a payout after each block is mined and confirmed (101 confirmation). The min payout is 0.01 KMD.

We're working on earning statistic.  Smiley
Thanks for info!
dev too Wink
Activity: 518
Thank you for the payment. Now I want to see you better in stock markets.
You are a long-term investment. Smiley

I also came across something like the low KMD I have calculated from my question. Did not we have to pay 25% more of the BTC price in the picture?

It seemed to be missing. Huh Huh Huh
KMD 908 coming to me
legendary

www.komodopool.com

Claymore Zminer https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-zcashbtg-amd-gpu-miner-v126-windowslinux-1670733 config example:

ZecMiner64.exe -zpool komodopool.com:7778 -zwal RYZx1e7kVNTuQ6RTrvTkYeZAz5uJobC3pg -zpsw x -allpools 1 -i 5
Instead of RYZx1e7kVNTuQ6RTrvTkYeZAz5uJobC3pg put your KMD wallet address. You can get one here: https://supernet.org/en/products/iguana

Fee is 0.5%

We are currently in the process of running a 200,000 sol (yes that is not a typo) GPU mining test against the notaries.

This is to verify proper behavior under such extreme conditions. So current ROI will be meaningless as I dont expect anywhere this amount of hashrate to remain active after the test. (Unless KMD price skyrockets)

under normal conditions, the external miners are expected to get 20% of blocks and the amount would depend on the total hashrate as usual.

currently the external mining is getting 40% of blocks and we are investigating the reason why. I think just some transition issues as it is the weekend and I know some people believe in them still
Activity: 53
Merit: 0

www.komodopool.com

Fee is 0.5%

There is a payout after each block is mined and confirmed (101 confirmation). The min payout is 0.01 KMD.

We're working on earning statistic.  Smiley
legendary

Thanks to coinexchange.io's very fast feedback, we confirm the primary error is fixed, however the fix created a secondary error in some cases. Pushed a fix for that and I have good confidence it will work.

Jump to: