Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 693. (Read 1191996 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
BTCD price is rising quickly, on strong volume, now that the BTCD to KMD swap has officially begun..  

Remember that .006512 is equivalent to the ICO price, so still plenty more room to run up to near that level.

Current BTCD Price (Poloniex):  .00418 BTCD/BTC

Current BTC/BTCD rate:
239.23 : 1 (amount of BTCD that you get for 1 BTC)

KMD/BTCD swap rate
: 50.42041779: 1 (amount of KMD you will get for 1 BTCD that you swap on ICO site)

KMD/BTC current rate: 12062.301 (amount of KMD you get for 1 BTC worth of BTCD at current price on Poloniex)

KMD/BTC ICO rate: 7746.522 : 1 (amount of KMD you got for 1 BTC at the end of ICO with no bonus)

Current extra KMD via BTCD: +4315.779 KMD or +55.71% extra (relative to ICO KMD/BTC rate at the end of ICO with no bonus)

So at current prices, you get much more KMD that you would have gotten at the end of the ICO.

The price could rise sharply from here to .006512 BTCD/BTC and you would still get the same amount of KMD. per BTC spent, as during the final phase of the ICO.

The swap has begun for KMD, so once you buy the BTCD, move them to the Komodo IC:   https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ or keep them in your own personal wallet:  http://bitcoindark.com/

Request that KMD be added to Poloniex here:   https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

What is the ICO price of btcd swap, and btc invested? I am confused with your many equations.

KMD/BTCD swap rate: 50.42041779: 1 (amount of KMD you will get for 1 BTCD that you swap on ICO site)

KMD/BTC ICO rate: 7746.522 : 1 (amount of KMD you got for 1 BTC at the end of ICO with no bonus)
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
BTCD price is rising quickly, on strong volume, now that the BTCD to KMD swap has officially begun.. 

Remember that .006512 is equivalent to the ICO price, so still plenty more room to run up to near that level.

Current BTCD Price (Poloniex).00418 BTCD/BTC

Current BTC/BTCD rate:

KMD/BTCD swap rate
: 50.42041779: 1 (amount of KMD you will get for 1 BTCD that you swap on ICO site)

KMD/BTC current rate: 12062.301 (amount of KMD you get for 1 BTC worth of BTCD at current price on Poloniex)

Current extra KMD via BTCD: +4315.779 KMD or +55.71% extra (relative to ICO KMD/BTC rate at the end of ICO with no bonus)

So at current prices, you get much more KMD that you would have gotten at the end of the ICO.

The price could rise sharply from here to .006512 BTCD/BTC and you would still get the same amount of KMD. per BTC spent, as during the final phase of the ICO.

The swap has begun for KMD, so once you buy the BTCD, move them to the Komodo IC:   https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ or keep them in your own personal wallet:  http://bitcoindark.com/

Request that KMD be added to Poloniex here:   https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

What is the ICO price of btcd swap, and btc invested? I am confused with your many equations.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Current BTCD Price (Poloniex).00418 BTCD/BTC

Current BTC/BTCD rate:

KMD/BTCD swap rate

The swap has begun for KMD, so once you buy the BTCD, move them to the Komodo IC:   https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ or keep them in your own personal wallet:  http://bitcoindark.com/

Request that KMD be added to Poloniex here:   https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
Activity: 518
how to buy this  coin?

Buy BTCD on Poloniex and then swap it for KMD.  Read the next post.
Activity: 560
Activity: 420
AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84
How many coins has jl777 developed as of now?

afiak while he was worked on NXT, BTCD and created several project on the NXT blockchain backed by assets on that blockchain.

This is the first new coin/blockchain he has launched with an ICO.

http://support.supernet.org/topic/has-james-jl777-abandoned-his-projects-in-the-past-how-many-icos-has-he-done

So, you are pointing to a post that starts with "Some people say ..." Interesting.

Why is that particularly interesting?

Because he is pointing to that post as provided, to be backup for his statements but the post is hearsay.
legendary
What are the plans for KMD that are not swapped for?

There is going to be a non-negligible percentage of BTCD that never gets swapped for KMD, because it's been lost or forgotten about. 

What is going to happen to that "extra" KMD on Jan. 9 2018?

They're going to development fund.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
What are the plans for KMD that are not swapped for?

There is going to be a non-negligible percentage of BTCD that never gets swapped for KMD, because it's been lost or forgotten about. 

What is going to happen to that "extra" KMD on Jan. 9 2018?
legendary
I would expect that the price of KMD will be at par with BTCD within the first 6 months. It only makes sense that Komodo be worth just as much or more than BTCD

With new tech and development fund of Komodo I'd be waiting to see it within at least top 20 coins pretty soon. I'd personally prefer much shorter swapping period, like a couple of months. Because BTCD could drag KMD down for quite a while within this year. But anyway it shouldn't be that bad if devs manage to push Komodo with good PR.

U have a very limited understanding of what u are talking about. I must confess to u that I see bright horizons and overwhelming perspectives for komodo, particularly the fact that it will be pummeled by fists of despair and great bitterness which constitute the sounds of ur living, additionally feelings of loneliness will cause u to confess to holy farther of rutherian eparchy of miami that ure guilty of murder and full of barbaric sins.

You're the second crazy person I met on the forum within a week. And both of you in this thread. Hmmm.
Activity: 2147
Merit: 518
I would expect that the price of KMD will be at par with BTCD within the first 6 months. It only makes sense that Komodo be worth just as much or more than BTCD

With new tech and development fund of Komodo I'd be waiting to see it within at least top 20 coins pretty soon. I'd personally prefer much shorter swapping period, like a couple of months. Because BTCD could drag KMD down for quite a while within this year. But anyway it shouldn't be that bad if devs manage to push Komodo with good PR.

U have a very limited understanding of what u are talking about. I must confess to u that I see bright horizons and overwhelming perspectives for komodo, particularly the fact that it will be pummeled by fists of despair and great bitterness which constitute the sounds of ur living, additionally feelings of loneliness will cause u to confess to holy farther of rutherian eparchy of miami that ure guilty of murder and full of barbaric sins.
legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Correct with a lot of potentials from this project and the security that it features is way too important in having transactions with cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 466
Merit: 253
Imagine a world without banks.......
you have my vote!
I hope this message finds you all well. We are 4 days way from the beginning of elections. My guess is that some BTCD holders or potential investors might be confused about BTCD and Komodo.
I just want to remind everyone that if you have any questions, don't be afraid to reach out. There is an entire group of people willing to help you out on the SuperNET Slack channel (including myself).

As for elections, I did a small poll and in average, voters prefer a notary node that has knowledge of crypto and has participated on the testnet. There are many other points to take into account of course. That is why you need to reach out if you have any doubts.

As for myself, I will do much more than just be notary node operator and a KMD miner. I have decided to develop a social campaign that will use KMD as donations to buy items like school utensils, food, clothes, and much more. I will start locally in Chiriqui, Panama and eventually I am sure it will grow. Obviously I will use some of my KMD to fund it myself but I am very feel very good about this. I think this approach will not only help us give back, but it will demonstrate how tangible cryptocurrency can be.

Imagine that, we will show people that we can better lives with cryptocurrency. Moreover, the people involved in the entire program will be educated on Komodo and cryptocurrency. This will surely accelerate the rate at which cryptocurrency is adopted in the region. In any case, I have only discussed this with a close circle in my community and I don't want to make this a big deal. I care about helping, and I care about the SuperNET, there is no other angle for me.

I plan on having the beginning stages ready by the first 6 months after launch. If you would like to help, spare 2 minutes of your time and take my proposal to be a notary node into consideration. If you have any ideas that can improve my strategy, then please reach out to me.

I am currently running a notary node on the Komodo testnet. Additionally, I am a candidate for North America and the Southern Hemisphere nodes. Each vote counts and I would like to think that everyone got the opportunity to vote. Together we are just beginning our journey to creating one of the most unique platforms to date.

If you can spare 2 minutes, check out my profile: www.komodoelection.com/candidates/ptytrader

To vote, login to the ICO website from the 15th to the 29th: ico.komodoplatform.com
Launch and Schedule Newsletter: http://[Suspicious link removed]/cwJxMX

Thank you hansen Cheesy
Activity: 466
Imagine a world without banks.......
legendary
22.5% of BTCD has been swapped to KMD by now
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Distribution of KMD is fast approaching. Hope that my decision to stick with KMD as my bounty is worth the sacrifice of btc pump at the end of last month. Anyway still with ICO price at 12k sats its pretty valuable at this point.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
@KomodoPlatform
I've sent some BTCD to KMD address by mistake.
How can I send it to BTCD Swap address? Cry

FAQ of the last few days

I accidentally sent my BTCD to my KMD address instead of the swap
. I have the seed for my KMD address . How do I recover my BTCD ?

A: importprivkey into BTCD wallet using the KMD wif

the iguana GUI will be able to convert the ICO passphrase you used into a KMD wif, which can then be imported into both komodod and BitcoinDarkd

so as long as you have the passphrase, your funds are safe

Other questions: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17456599

So you must wait for Iguana GUI release.
Thanks, I feel easy Cheesy
rnr
Activity: 247

ATTENTION: It was accidentally happen that BTCD holders used to send their BTCD to the their KMD address!

Please make sure that you navigate FIRST to the menu point "SWAP" and send your BTCD to your personal BTCD swap address ONLY:

Activity: 784
Set Your Ideas Free
@KomodoPlatform
I've sent some BTCD to KMD address by mistake.
How can I send it to BTCD Swap address? Cry

FAQ of the last few days

I accidentally sent my BTCD to my KMD address instead of the swap
. I have the seed for my KMD address . How do I recover my BTCD ?

A: importprivkey into BTCD wallet using the KMD wif

the iguana GUI will be able to convert the ICO passphrase you used into a KMD wif, which can then be imported into both komodod and BitcoinDarkd

so as long as you have the passphrase, your funds are safe

Other questions: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17456599

So you must wait for Iguana GUI release.
Jump to: