Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 797. (Read 1191989 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Retooled the notary tx statemachine to go from doing a BTC tx and independently a KMD tx with the BTC txid, to making a pair of tx using the same nodes for both.

also cleaned up the code to be more modular and extensible in case new features need to be added.

no crashes with the last version, so it is running stable.

reduced the packet traffic required, also added special handling for different nodes starting at slightly different times.

probably still a few issues left but should have a good chance of getting consistent notary tx on both chains. That is the next functionality level that needs to be achieved as then I can switch from the iguana notary dapp to komodod using the dapp data.

the iguana codebase is quite handy for creating crypto based dapp's as it has all the bitcoin protocol, in addition to a variety of networking, all written from scratch. which means if it doesnt quite do what it needs to do, I can customize it as needed.

I separated out the notary tx dapp into a special standalone iguana, it uses a different port and morphs it functionality to just do what the notary nodes need done, ie. automatically create right size utxo, run a multiparty notary tx creation protocol for a source chain -> dest chain. The txid of the dest chain is added to the source chain tx and it has all the same signers, so all nodes in the source chain wont even have to query the dest chain (they can if they want, but not required to).

I made it so that the iguana notary dapp can be used for KMD -> BTC and the same dapp can also be used for OTHERCHAIN -> KMD. This means without any additional work, assetchains (and any other chain) can create notarized tx, but instead of having to pay bitcoin txfess, only KMD txfees are needed

by minimizing the code that has to go inside komodod, it minimizes the chances of introducing bugs. Since the notary tx is used if and only if it is there, it made sense to encapsulate it into a separate dapp.

Next up is creating the special tx for election results, since it is closest in mental distance to the notary tx dapp. I want to keep the election process open to change, but we need to lock down how to ratify election results. This way, as a community we can adopt sane election process, but regardless of the process there will be consensus on how it is recorded.

I dont expect it to be happening all the time, but only during times of big changes. So maybe just a way for each notary to submit a command to the iguana notary dapp that their node ratifies a specific election result. In the event a majority of notary nodes (or one third + devteam) approves, it goes into the blockchain as a valid result.

Once this is done, then we flip to the komodo side which has to use the data generated to update the current state which is the list of official notaries and the notarized height. What makes it a bit tricky is that each height could potentially have a different list of official notaries and blocks can come in any order. I think I will limit the change of notaries to a 1000 multiple height. That will allow a much more compact indexed data structure to be used.

Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
Wow so many participants on this ICO. 2days in and a lot of btc had been collected.

Don't believe the hype

Cheers Jon  Cool
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Wow so many participants on this ICO. 2days in and a lot of btc had been collected.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
Any bounties? facebook or twitter campaign?
Not bountie facebook and twitter!!
and
Bounties Campaign is over!!
But your Signature Campaign is still running and open for new participants https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/komodo-signature-and-avatar-campaign-campaign-has-ended-1619450

The campaign in running, but it is full. However we can still accept a few hero/legendary members if they want to join.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
and
But your Signature Campaign is still running and open for new participants https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/komodo-signature-and-avatar-campaign-campaign-has-ended-1619450
Activity: 130
Merit: 0
and
relax, do not be too eager to say it. You're being arrogant show your weakness Wink
Activity: 17
and

F*ck! Good luck Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
and
legendary
Activity: 1540
When would I get the coins and when could I use them?
The mainnet will be launched two weeks after the ICO ends.

Maybe check this Wink https://steemit.com/komodo/@komodoplatform/komodo-ico-questions-and-answers
Activity: 10
When would I get the coins and when could I use them?
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free

Yesterday the Iguana GUI team released the first Iguana beta v0.1 version for advanced users.

Take a look: https://github.com/SuperNETorg/Iguana-GUI/releases/tag/v0.1-beta

We will have to wait a little longer to get an easy install version for the average joe like myself  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1428
Activity: 1081
Merit: 251
Formerly known as Chronobank, now Chrono.tech
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Is there any problem if it send btc from exchange wallet?

Not a problem.

Regards
Activity: 10
Is there any problem if it send btc from exchange wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Hello Komodo,

I went to the https://komodoplatform.com/ earlier today and was able to create an account for the ICO... It gave me a BTC deposit address of 12mNnWLKd5tBbNPt7HNEBu41zKde235UgA

https://blockchain.info/address/12mNnWLKd5tBbNPt7HNEBu41zKde235UgA
I deposited 1.07959034 BTC to this address...

Am I scammed? Were you guys testing and mistakenly put up the ICO page?

The BTC I moved to that address is already gone. It was moved to 35Rwwc9e2Mj7smFXJ1iXF826cMW3tqfz6x which has about 300BTC...

Please tell me you guys didn't redirect your domain to some kind of scam and that my BTC deposited is safe. Even if it was during a test run, please tell me my BTC is safe... : /

JL777!!!

Whoever is in charge of manual updates, please message me.
I need my account to reflect my BTC and my 25% bonus...

Would like to get this off my list of things to worry about ASAP.

PMed you
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126

Whoever is in charge of manual updates, please message me.
I need my account to reflect my BTC and my 25% bonus...

Would like to get this off my list of things to worry about ASAP.

no need to guess. You've already been told who to contact:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.16566488

Jump to: