Author

Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B - page 813. (Read 1191989 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
I really think Komodo is gonna do well. This is a great project... spite I missed the ICO. I'll have to get in on the exchanges as soon as releases happen.

The ICO isn't even started yet and you already missed it? Please tell me the lottery numbers for the end of the month Smiley
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
I really think Komodo is gonna do well. This is a great project... spite I missed the ICO. I'll have to get in on the exchanges as soon as releases happen.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx
Again, missing the point.  Everybody knows he doesn't do GUI, so no need to repeat.  Not trying to rush anything or be impatient.  Just curious how well he can keep his word, that's all.  It gives us an idea of how likely things that he say will happen, will actually happen.

I "know" James now since August 2014 and all he is doing, day in day out, is coding, coding and bugfixing. On his own! He started the SuperNET project and within that project he started a lot of other little to normal projects, but all related to SuperNET. At one point even i thought that he wouldn't make it. Too many things here and there.

But i've been busy for almost a week now with building notary nodes and i must say, it is pretty damn impressive what he has achieved already. Everything is still related to SuperNET/BTCD only now i see finally the connection between all of his work of the past years. Yeah, BTCD got a new name and some things have changed, but that was mainly because NXT is following another path and James had to do something. And the outcome is very impressive.

So, about your question if he can keep up his word. I'm very sure about that one, right now. Check his Github and see there his work. Do you really think he would abandon his work now after 2 years of coding without even being on an holiday (as far as i know)? No, if there was a decentralised bet about if he would make it or not, i would place ALL my BTC's on YES.

There is NO doubt, for me, that he wouldn't finish this product. Or something bad would happen to him. That would be the only reason why this project wouldn't end, because it is too big for someone to pick it up and finish it.

Do not forget one thing. He codes this all alone! And for that he is for me one of the biggest coders of the world. Also a very n00b friendly one.

I'm in for Komodo and if you want my advice (you don't have to take it) then you should do it also.

https://blockchain.info/address/1P3rU1Nk1pmc2BiWC8dEy9bZa1ZbMp5jfg
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I suspect substation profit taking for the first 2-3 weeks KMD is listed. Can someone from the team confirm the exact BTCD to KMD redeem price formula to be:

0.00532074(+bonus)*[[1 - [((My Swap Day) - (1st Day of Swap))*0.05]/365]]
Activity: 383
Merit: 252

link to picture of gui posted today with working syscoin transaction.   Exact time of release is not known,  but if you hang around our slack you can see the team working feverishly and make estimate based on your own conclusions
Activity: 391
JL777 is not doing GUI development,   Iguana GUI is being worked on by Boogieman and EasyDex GUI is being worked on by grewalsatinder.    He completed his part of the work, now the other developers are working to bring it to the finish line.   Coding takes time,  and its better to have a project with no/little bugs than to have to issue constant updates to fix bugs in a rushed release.  Be patient.

Again, missing the point.  Everybody knows he doesn't do GUI, so no need to repeat.  Not trying to rush anything or be impatient.  Just curious how well he can keep his word, that's all.  It gives us an idea of how likely things that he say will happen, will actually happen.
so when will the wallet come out and what address do i send the btc to for my komodo coins?

Mainnet will be launched approximately 2 weeks after the end of the ICO.    Deposits for the ICO will be done on KomodoPlatform.com  when the ICO becomes live.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1003
so when will the wallet come out and what address do i send the btc to for my komodo coins?
Is Iguana still on schedule to release before ICO starts?

This was asked a day or two ago from the GUI team and they said to be working really hard to achieve that.

This doesn't look good.
A couple of days to go. They should know if it is going to work or not.

This ICO is rushed. Do what you said you were going to do. Release iguana.

Or postpone the ICO if you can't do what you said you were going to do.

Otherwise what you are doing IS the definition of a money grab. Make promises, ask for money, don't deliver, keep money. And don't give me we are working hard look at the git, yes I know there is progress, but you need to do what you said you would. And you said it would be done b4 the ICO start. It's that simple.

If you do not release Iguana b4 ICO you are 100% disrespecting the people you are asking money from, and will have your first black mark on this project and a loss of confidence by many.
command line iguana is available for a while now. We also have a functioning GUI, but these iguana GUI are not directly connected to dPoW.

The ICO is about komodo dPoW, the fact that iguana will also be available is an extra bonus. Clearly no komodo ICO funds were used to develop iguana.

My judgement is that getting dPoW functioning is much more important than GUI for iguana. iguana GUI does not do dPoW. iguana GUI does not do zcash.

anyway, I will continue to finalize dPoW as I dont personally do GUI

I think you're kind of missing the point, jl777.  The point is to prove that you can keep your word and in return, develop more trust and a better reputation which will help the ICO.  You did say iguana GUI will be done before ICO.  Yes, it's not a big deal whether or not this happens from a tech point of view.  But if you say something is going to happen, then it's important to make sure it will.

JL777 is not doing GUI development,   Iguana GUI is being worked on by Boogieman and EasyDex GUI is being worked on by grewalsatinder.    He completed his part of the work, now the other developers are working to bring it to the finish line.   Coding takes time,  and its better to have a project with no/little bugs than to have to issue constant updates to fix bugs in a rushed release.  Be patient.
Activity: 391
Is Iguana still on schedule to release before ICO starts?

This was asked a day or two ago from the GUI team and they said to be working really hard to achieve that.

This doesn't look good.
A couple of days to go. They should know if it is going to work or not.

This ICO is rushed. Do what you said you were going to do. Release iguana.

Or postpone the ICO if you can't do what you said you were going to do.

Otherwise what you are doing IS the definition of a money grab. Make promises, ask for money, don't deliver, keep money. And don't give me we are working hard look at the git, yes I know there is progress, but you need to do what you said you would. And you said it would be done b4 the ICO start. It's that simple.

If you do not release Iguana b4 ICO you are 100% disrespecting the people you are asking money from, and will have your first black mark on this project and a loss of confidence by many.
command line iguana is available for a while now. We also have a functioning GUI, but these iguana GUI are not directly connected to dPoW.

The ICO is about komodo dPoW, the fact that iguana will also be available is an extra bonus. Clearly no komodo ICO funds were used to develop iguana.

My judgement is that getting dPoW functioning is much more important than GUI for iguana. iguana GUI does not do dPoW. iguana GUI does not do zcash.

anyway, I will continue to finalize dPoW as I dont personally do GUI

I think you're kind of missing the point, jl777.  The point is to prove that you can keep your word and in return, develop more trust and a better reputation which will help the ICO.  You did say iguana GUI will be done before ICO.  Yes, it's not a big deal whether or not this happens from a tech point of view.  But if you say something is going to happen, then it's important to make sure it will.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

OK 1 developer is annonymous, why is all the other fake names behind this project need to stay annonymous ?? if they even exist.

the project aims for annonymousity, they want to raise money, in a normal world the minimum is to know who gets the investors money.

Relax, Boogieman is attempting to raise 20 million USD. What could go wrong?
legendary
Activity: 1540
hi,

Why don't you put real names and faces for the team of the project??
I cannot think of another reason other than that this project is a SCAM.

You have answered this question but your answer doesn't make sence.

It's very easy to put real names and pictures, you must have a good reason not to.

I agree with this suggestion.All the people associated with this project should come in public to give this project more authenticity

I don't know who jl777 is but he said from the beginning that he will not reveal his real name and he wishes to remain anonymous. Afterall, you are asking for names in a project whose aim is to enhance anonymity - can't you see the irony in this? Shocked It is your choice to invest or not

OK 1 developer is annonymous, why is all the other fake names behind this project need to stay annonymous ?? if they even exist.

the project aims for annonymousity, they want to raise money, in a normal world the minimum is to know who gets the investors money.

It is me "Yassin" Smiley

Social Media Manager!!

Activity: 24
hi,

It's very easy to put real names and pictures, you must have a good reason not to.

I agree with this suggestion.All the people associated with this project should come in public to give this project more authenticity

I don't know who jl777 is but he said from the beginning that he will not reveal his real name and he wishes to remain anonymous. Afterall, you are asking for names in a project whose aim is to enhance anonymity - can't you see the irony in this? Shocked It is your choice to invest or not

Activity: 644
Merit: 501
hi,

I don't know who jl777 is but he said from the beginning that he will not reveal his real name and he wishes to remain anonymous. Afterall, you are asking for names in a project whose aim is to enhance anonymity - can't you see the irony in this? Shocked It is your choice to invest or not
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
hi,

Activity: 24
hi,

legendary
Activity: 1267
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
Activity: 318
i'm confused. so if i wanna buy komodo with btc. how much btc for one komodo coin?

The KMD supply is fixed, but the amount of capital we receive is not. Thus there is no way to set an exchange rate for BTC/KMD until the ICO has ended.

We made a "KMD calculator" so everyone can speculate how much KMD they would receive under different scenarios.

Komodo Calculator
We have created a spread sheet where you can calculate different scenarios about how much KMD one bitcoin would buy or how much you would receive in a BTCD swap. The numbers in the spread sheet right now are just random guesses, as there is no way to know how much investments we will get.

The calculator can be downloaded from our website.

This is a cool ico, I am ready for launch.
Activity: 784
Merit: 253
Set Your Ideas Free
i'm confused. so if i wanna buy komodo with btc. how much btc for one komodo coin?

The KMD supply is fixed, but the amount of capital we receive is not. Thus there is no way to set an exchange rate for BTC/KMD until the ICO has ended.

We made a "KMD calculator" so everyone can speculate how much KMD they would receive under different scenarios.

Komodo Calculator
We have created a spread sheet where you can calculate different scenarios about how much KMD one bitcoin would buy or how much you would receive in a BTCD swap. The numbers in the spread sheet right now are just random guesses, as there is no way to know how much investments we will get.

The calculator can be downloaded from our website.
Jump to: