Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LCC] Litecoin Cash | SHA256 LTC fork @ block 1371111 | 10:1 claim ratio - page 7. (Read 56678 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
#Community #Friends

The team is proud to announce our latest partnership!

#LCC is 'LIVE' on #InstaSwap.

Read more on:
https://medium.com/litecoincash/lcc-now-live-on-instaswap-11870fb7251c

Swap at:
https://instaswap.io/
Activity: 43
Mercatox Deposits and withdrawals are Open!  200 Confirmations

https://mercatox.com/news/lcc-ttn-bch-update

Happy Trading

Activity: 1134
Merit: 10
Sad that whole debacle with LCC and Mercatox probably cost a couple of bucks to some day traders. Oh well maybe next time.
Activity: 459
Merit: 100
I hope LCC price  finally reached bottom (60 sat) ...
Up is the only option left!
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
According to the official LitecoinCash web site, there is a compatible hardware wallet device
from https://www.xeeda.io/  Roll Eyes Just wonder when XEEDA will be available for purchase?
It also mentioned that from the site it is in Pre-Order stage but can see any further from the link  Huh

Hardware wallets are for spending, not storage.

Just use paper wallets for storage...
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
According to the official LitecoinCash web site, there is a compatible hardware wallet device
from https://www.xeeda.io/  Roll Eyes Just wonder when XEEDA will be available for purchase?
It also mentioned that from the site it is in Pre-Order stage but can see any further from the link  Huh
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
Hello when will Mercatox be available for withdraw/deposit?

It should be working now.

Nope, LCC wallet is still in maintenance in Mercatox  Sad
Activity: 1134
Hello when will Mercatox be available for withdraw/deposit?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
I don't discuss that your implementation is different from Slimcoin's or TGC's, it may be much better - I hope to find time at some moment to look at it.

But the principle is totally Stewart's Proof of Burn, it's not only "related" to it, and that's what bothers me a bit in the whitepaper. I won't insist on that (this may be my latest post on that topic) but it would be nice if you could correct it and describe "Hive mining" as an implementation and not only a "related" mechanism. There is absolutely no philosophical difference: You buy a kind of asset which will at some moment be worthless (the "bees", which are the same thing like the "effective burnt coins" in SLM and TGC) destroying coins (sending them to an address without spending option), and can "mine" with them while you're online at the time of the "validity" of this asset.

The only difference is wording and implementation - which, again, is an achievement I respect. But there is another difference I absolutely don't like: the community fund, where donations can be sent for "bees" instead of being burnt. This principle may be dangerous if it's included in the "longest chain" consensus, because the person(s) managing the community fund could attack at no cost. You may have included a security mechanism to prevent that, but it continues to be a centralized element.

Other than that, your coin seems to be solid, although I tend to be critical with coins which present a pre-mine, even a small one.

(BTW, I hate Discord, so if anything I will comment here.)
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
"Hive mining" is nothing new. It's totally Iain Stewart's Proof of Burn concept from anno domini 2012, which is used in Slimcoin (SLM) from 2014 on (and there was another coin called TGC which used it but died) Grin

I have read the whitepaper and the only substantial difference to the original Stewart concept is the centralized community fund. So it's not only "related" to Proof of Burn, like the devs claim in the white paper. It's totally the same thing as Proof of Burn.

Please correct that on the whitepaper and original post. I will follow this coin as I consider the concept interesting, however, I don't like the centralized community fund, as it involves trust and could even open attack vectors. Even if it's completely optional, it should not be part of the consensus system.

So yes, Hive is like Stewart's pob in that coins are burned which enables later mining, but beyond they split radically.

The only implementations of Stewart's pob (Slimcoin and one other) were extremely poor, buggy coins produced from hacking on early and quite poor proof-of-stake implementations. The coins are both dead partially because the wallets couldn't stay up without leaking memory or segfaulting. It was not pretty.

As often, ideas are cheap and the glory and value are in implementation. If anything I'd say we are the first actual coin to nicely implement something similar to Stewart's ideas.

Also addressed in WP -- see bottom page 3 and ref 13.

Philosophy is different and implementation is completely different.

Also please come join our Discord if you would like to Discuss further or get involved in the community.  https://discordapp.com/invite/F2nZXnW

Thanks knighthash, you explained well.

Last paragraph on page 3
The concept of Hive mining, in which bees are created by destruction of coins, bears somesimilarity to previously employed methods for initial coin distribution whereby users demonstratinga burn of coins on one chain are allocated coins on a new chain. It is also related to Iain Stewart’sproposed “Proof of Burn” concept[13], which attempts to secure a network in broadly similar way,but here the philosophy is inverted somewhat; our implementation is driven by a desire to createagents rather than solely to prove coin destruction.

Reference 13
[13] Proof of burn. Stewart, I. (2012).
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_burn

The Hive whitepaper: https://hive.litecoinca.sh/whitepaper.pdf
Activity: 5
"Hive mining" is nothing new. It's totally Iain Stewart's Proof of Burn concept from anno domini 2012, which is used in Slimcoin (SLM) from 2014 on (and there was another coin called TGC which used it but died) Grin

I have read the whitepaper and the only substantial difference to the original Stewart concept is the centralized community fund. So it's not only "related" to Proof of Burn, like the devs claim in the white paper. It's totally the same thing as Proof of Burn.

Please correct that on the whitepaper and original post. I will follow this coin as I consider the concept interesting, however, I don't like the centralized community fund, as it involves trust and could even open attack vectors. Even if it's completely optional, it should not be part of the consensus system.

So yes, Hive is like Stewart's pob in that coins are burned which enables later mining, but beyond they split radically.

The only implementations of Stewart's pob (Slimcoin and one other) were extremely poor, buggy coins produced from hacking on early and quite poor proof-of-stake implementations. The coins are both dead partially because the wallets couldn't stay up without leaking memory or segfaulting. It was not pretty.

As often, ideas are cheap and the glory and value are in implementation. If anything I'd say we are the first actual coin to nicely implement something similar to Stewart's ideas.

Also addressed in WP -- see bottom page 3 and ref 13.

Philosophy is different and implementation is completely different.

Also please come join our Discord if you would like to Discuss further or get involved in the community.  https://discordapp.com/invite/F2nZXnW
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist

Activity: 350
The team is pleased to announce that we will begin the next phase of development, taking LitecoinCash on our Journey towards its full potential as it evolves. Read more in the latest article by Fred and Kasbrahan.

Activity: 164
Merit: 6

We added LiteCoincash

0.19% lowest fee on the market

Payouts every 30 minutes for balance above 0.0001

-a sha256 -o stratum+tcp://miningcoins.ca:3339 -u -p c=LCC

Ready for NiceHash

Thank you Smiley
Activity: 40
Merit: 1

Once you get out of beta* you might consider not having shitcoins for base pairs.

* Yes the site very much has a beta feel to it. The latency check at the beginning for start......  .....  ..... ...... ...... ...... ...... You get my point...

Hello,

Latency check is standard for bitshares based dex. I'm sorry but i cant get your point on that matter. If you can elaborate your feedback it would be much appreciated.

How would you like to join our discord and deliver your feedback in real time ?

Thanks

The latency check is annoyingly slow. Should be made multi-threaded, and not sequential like it is right now.

I'm not interested in joining your discord.

And seriously, base pairs should be established coins, not dead ones... Find something else that will set you apart from everyone else.

Thank you for your feedback. I will have it in mind.

Best regards.

Once you get out of beta* you might consider not having shitcoins for base pairs.

* Yes the site very much has a beta feel to it. The latency check at the beginning for start......  .....  ..... ...... ...... ...... ...... You get my point...

Hello,

Latency check is standard for bitshares based dex. I'm sorry but i cant get your point on that matter. If you can elaborate your feedback it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

The latency check is annoyingly slow. Should be made multi-threaded, and not sequential like it is right now.

I'm not interested in joining your discord.

And seriously, base pairs should be established coins, not dead ones... Find something else that will set you apart from everyone else.
Hello,

For the ones that are still not aware of DynX launch and did not had the chance to test our platform i would like to invite you all to do it.

As you may know, Litecoin Cash is a base pair in DynX, which means it has a special place in DynX and our partnership is strong and will be stronger in the future.

Relevant links:

Relevant information:
  • Deposit fee: 0
  • Withdrawal fee: 0.02 LCC
  • Market fee: 0.1%
  • KYC: not required.
  • Number of markets: 21

We are still a long way to have the desired volume to have healthy markets but together, has a community, we believe that will have the best platform to trade LCC with the most fair fee.

We are a 100% community oriented project and your feedback is very important to us.

Come meet us in Discord and get to know the community.

Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks

Hello,

For the ones that are still not aware of DynX launch and did not had the chance to test our platform i would like to invite you all to do it.

As you may know, Litecoin Cash is a base pair in DynX, which means it has a special place in DynX and our partnership is strong and will be stronger in the future.

Relevant links:

Relevant information:

We are still a long way to have the desired volume to have healthy markets but together, has a community, we believe that will have the best platform to trade LCC with the most fair fee.

We are a 100% community oriented project and your feedback is very important to us.

Thank you.

Hello,

Relevant links:

Relevant information:

Thank you.

Activity: 164
Merit: 6
Adding new pool in the list :

www.miningpool.host

-a sha256 -o stratum+tcp://miningpool.host:3333 -u -p c=LCC

EU server, and works fine if you mine from US
Pages:
Jump to: