Author

Topic: [ANN][LEAF] LEAFCOIN - Android wallet launched - page 165. (Read 352596 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
why you so overjoyed about the block halve?
You all excpect a huge value rise.

Only miners get half of the coins they got before.
But that fact doesn´t bring out of nowhere many people buying up all these coins?

Why should this block halve bring such a value rise ?

Because it may shrug off the multi pools....

this is the only reason it would help. free-market (buyers/sellers) sets value more than mining diff. block halving effects shouldn't be noticeable on value for a week or two at least.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

But that fact doesn´t bring out of nowhere many people buying up all these coins?

Because it may shrug off the multi pools....
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Activity: 70
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
This is my prediction (since we all use a crystalbol) :

I think too many people are holding the coin for a price increase. Once the first big coin holders will drop it on the market a lot of them will follow since there has not been a real price explosion.  We never know when this is going to happen but probably when it hits 29-30 satoshi. After that the coin will drop again to 16-17 satoshi and it will take a week or two to stabalize again and hit 25+ again. After that it will reallly skyrocket since the coins will be fragmented smaller parts and blocks are halved. So even with lower hashrate it will still be valuable.

I think i'll sell my car and buy more LEAF

Ow .. well i did something simular. I sold my LEAFS and bought a car.

already??

Not all but my old car broke down.. had to do something.  I drive crap cars ... so now have a new crappy car. I hope it will run for a year or so...
Activity: 154

I think too many people are holding the coin for a price increase. Once the first big coin holders will drop it on the market a lot of them will follow since there has not been a real price explosion.  We never know when this is going to happen but probably when it hits 29-30 satoshi. After that the coin will drop again to 16-17 satoshi and it will take a week or two to stabalize again and hit 25+ again. After that it will reallly skyrocket since the coins will be fragmented smaller parts and blocks are halved. So even with lower hashrate it will still be valuable.

already??
Ya
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
how much time till halving?
Near 70 minutes.
Activity: 135
55 satoshi in 2 weeks  Cool

Block halving in around 1h30-2h.
I agree with your theory terracide... And your numbers seem possible too.

Activity: 164

+1

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
how much time till halving?
mcg
Activity: 196
virtualdn check pm
Third scenario very unlikely.
First and second scenarios both possible and both would make profit. But it doesn't have to be one of the scenarios it can be another one totally overlooked or a mix of them. Only time can tell.
13Gh !
What I personnaly decided to do is hold even if the price goes down to 15 satoshis. If it does I'll invest more BTC in it and have more leaves when it rises again and this way :
If the price goes up I'm happy
If it goes down I'm happy
If it doesn't move, well, I'm nothing.
My way of thinking is based on the fact that I'm positive it will rise beyond 100 satoshis not tomorrow maybe not next week but one day yes. So I'm winning anyway Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
To celebrate the coming 15,000 block we are giving between 2 and 222 leafs at the faucet! Join in!

http://leafcoin.tk
Probable scenarios:

1) Multipools will leave, diff will stabilize around 70. Buyers will remove the buy walls after a while to prevent the price from skyrocketing. People will start panicking and sell the rest leafs which they now hold awaiting a price growth. The price will grow again after they drop all leafs to whales for 20 satoshi and less, probably next week. When the most leafs will be held by whales, then the price will skyrocket because nobody will be able to dump the coin (no coins to dump = no dump).

2) Price will grow to 35-40 satoshi, everything will stay as it currently is only with reduced reward but still same profit and diff, but there will be a big influx from whales who have bought for 20 satoshi cashing out their rewards, so the price will stabilize around 30 satoshi. It will go higher after next block reward cut (1 week), maybe later.

3) Miners will leave the coin, price will plummet and there will be a few whales with useless leafs bought for 24 satoshi unable to sell them. Miners will dump the coins for every price because hashrate will go to 0.

+ dont forget to mention the craptsy announce factor. Coin at craptsy newly launched = price going up. Coin at craptsy second day of trading = price going down.

why is hashrate going to 0?
Jump to: