Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][LEAF] LEAFCOIN - Android wallet launched - page 94. (Read 352594 times)

mcg
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Cant roll out another update before people have even done this one.  It will just get confusing with the number of updates being pushed out, some exchanges may even get sick of all the updates and drop the coin.

There will be a period of time when the diff swings slow the coin for a while, but long term it will resolve the issues.  So, people taking the short term view may get burned, people taking the long term view may see rewards.  Thats my opinion, but just as long as there remains enough support to pull this through the next high diff after the next multipool jump in.

People can see when gravity is coming, so as long as there are enough people keeping a bit of hash rate pointed at the coin, all will work out eventually.  Pushing out too many updates has just as much pottential to kill a coin as the multipools.

i agree with this as well.

i have the option to hold middlecoin completely off for 1  day.

if there is no other way.

mcg
i have noted that blocknumber down.....

block options are

the blocks are located in slow periods... @ about half the retargetspan

lets first see what happens in 3 hours.

thanks
Activity: 294
would you be able to push a network message to all wallets ?

havent done it before... need to look.

so i will put the foundation on hold and do once more an update

give me a blocknumber

but we will wait to see what happens in 3 hours.

if its not satisfying.. we will push out one more time.

agreed?

and i will look into the network push message.

Totally agree, let's wait for next diff and decide Dev. But please implement before block 18240 (next re-target at 18000 and 18240).

i looked into the upgrade message.  its only shown when an invalid chain is found ( invalid proof of work )

printf("InvalidChainFound: Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.\n");

so its kinda automatic @ block 21203... i couldnt find a way to push a message out. only thing i can do is provide future support on this. but then again... another update would be needed.

setting it at 18240 is WAY too risky... we have a very good chance of a fork. thats more ugly then just wait for kgw to kick in.

everyone has to update.. setting it at that block... would give them merely a day.

i dont think we should do that.

we have chosen block 21203 for a reason... allowing 7-10 days to upgrade.

Totally agree, let's wait for next diff and decide Dev. But please implement before block 18240 (next re-target at 18000 and 18240).

Even if middlecoin doesnt join in, the other locusts will.  As soon as we hit block 18,000 when the multipools join back in, it could hit 18,240 within 40 minutes.   Last time the multipools joined in at a low diff (and it wasnt even this low) there was a block every 10 seconds.  This time it could be even quicker.   No way at all to get an update out before 18240 it would fork for sure.

If you take the average 600 MGhash until the next gravity well is done, you get ~ 18 days until we reach the block 21203 - and the swing might (and probably willl) get worse.

How about block 18720?

That gives ~3 days  of 1 slow block and 2 faster blocks, so could be min 2.5 days (if hash jumps - which I doubt) or 3.5 if it slows slightly.
mcg

give me a blocknumber

agreed?

i looked into the upgrade message.  its only shown when an invalid chain is found ( invalid proof of work )

printf("InvalidChainFound: Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.\n");

so its kinda automatic @ block 21203... i couldnt find a way to push a message out. only thing i can do is provide future support on this. but then again... another update would be needed ( but that doesnt affect clients on current grav-2 version.. its just a program update.. no proofofwork/diff update ).

setting it at 18240 is WAY too risky... we have a very good chance of a fork. thats more ugly then just wait for kgw to kick in.

everyone has to update.. setting it at that block... would give them merely a day.

also take the weekend into account.

i dont think we should do that.

we have chosen block 21203 for a reason... allowing 7-10 days to upgrade.

if we make a change... it would have to be at least block 20k

Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

Even if middlecoin doesnt join in, the other locusts will.  As soon as we hit block 18,000 when the multipools join back in, it could hit 18,240 within 40 minutes.   Last time the multipools joined in at a low diff (and it wasnt even this low) there was a block every 10 seconds.  This time it could be even quicker.   No way at all to get an update out before 18240 it would fork for sure.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250

give me a blocknumber

agreed?

Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★
Cant roll out another update before people have even done this one.  It will just get confusing with the number of updates being pushed out, some exchanges may even get sick of all the updates and drop the coin.

There will be a period of time when the diff swings slow the coin for a while, but long term it will resolve the issues.  So, people taking the short term view may get burned, people taking the long term view may see rewards.  Thats my opinion, but just as long as there remains enough support to pull this through the next high diff after the next multipool jump in.

People can see when gravity is coming, so as long as there are enough people keeping a bit of hash rate pointed at the coin, all will work out eventually.  Pushing out too many updates has just as much pottential to kill a coin as the multipools.
mcg

give me a blocknumber

we will wait to see what happens in 3 hours ( pool agreement ).

agreed?

Activity: 405
Activity: 294
I think we should implement Kimoto Gravity as fast as possible. Block 21203 is too far away, why need to wait almost 3200 blocks for an emergency fix? If Multipool jump in before block 21203 and make the diff skyhigh again, then Leafcoin will be definitely dead because no one want to mine at high diff. Currently nethash only 0.6 Ghs at block 17988.

I agree, this time we should anticipate diff swing and target more agressively, diff is going to jump to very high with such low current value.
The more swing cycle the worse they get.

Let's rollout real soon and nag people eveywhere to update....
mcg
so do another update round? ppl dont upgrade.... we have to give time for them to update. Also i want to see what happens now...
Activity: 490
I think we should implement Kimoto Gravity as fast as possible. Block 21203 is too far away, why need to wait almost 3200 blocks for an emergency fix? If Multipool jump in before block 21203 and make the diff skyhigh again, then Leafcoin will be definitely dead because no one want to mine at high diff. Currently nethash only 0.6 Ghs at block 17988.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0
cryptsy down again...

been down for a little over an hour i think...
mcg
cryptsy down again...
mcg
I can't update with the mega link... What am I supposed to do with the github one ?

what do you mean? can you provide me more detail? does the link not work ie?
mcg
mcg so next retarget means thgat we will mine 15,8x more? Wink
And after next 240blocks what diff will we have?
Meaby a good idea wuold be to make retarget more often than 240 blocks, can it be changed?

sure i could change it... but we need to push out another update then.

i would also change the kgw block to 19800 if i could pushout a new update.

i think pushing out a new update is a bit pushing our luck.

i would need to contact everyone again etc....

lets just hope the pool keeps it word and lessens the ghash targetted at us..

so we can reach the block more quickly

also, only 32% has upgraded.

ppl need to upgrade.
Activity: 98
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=434996.0
Meaby a good idea wuold be to make retarget more often than 240 blocks, can it be changed?

thats pretty much why we are having the new wallet.. the gravity well will retarget diff at every block.. so if multipool leaves.. it will drop down to what the current network hash rate is immediately.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
DASH is the future of crypto payments!
Activity: 70
I can't update with the mega link... What am I supposed to do with the github one ?
mcg
Should this go on MCXNow? I think the admin there is considering some new coins.

i will talk to them

Nice.

i have contacted them... couldnt reach them in a live chat.

Pages:
Jump to: