Author

Topic: [ANN][LSK] Lisk | Blockchain Application Platform for JavaScript Developers - page 2256. (Read 3073023 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Lisk Uses JavaScript to write smart contracts / side chains / distributed applications (dapps)

How many JavaScript developers are there? (Hint: around 100,000 !!!)   How popular is JavaScript?  (Hint : #1 !!!)

https://www.quora.com/How-many-JavaScript-developers-are-there-in-the-US-and-across-the-world

http://stackoverflow.com/research/developer-survey-2015#tech-lang

Ethereum uses Solidity to write smart contracts / side chains / distributed applications (dapps)

What the hell is Solidity?

"Part III: Solidity language features

Note: Solidity is still under heavy development, which means running the actual code is hard, and since it’s on dev it cannot be assumed to be stable."

"This is valid:

It has "risky" in it because it is not safe. First of all, "bank" starts out un-initialized, which means the "deposit" and "withdraw" functions might fail. Secondly, "setBank" has an address in the method signature and there is no guarantee that this contract is a bank. Finally, of course this is generally a bad contract because it has no permissions structure. It’s just a demonstration of interfaces so it shouldn’t have that, but it’s still worth keeping in mind."

https://docs.erisindustries.com/tutorials/solidity/solidity-3/

THAT'S Solidity.

FORGET SOLIDITY.  USE JAVASCRIPT.

MOVE OVER, ETHEREUM.  HERE COMES LISK.

(P.S. First JavaScript programmer to write a Lisk sports betting dapp becomes a billionaire).
Activity: 546
Merit: 509
Decentralized Application Platform
Lisk Investment Charts

I'm the initial Crypti investor that kick-started the whole project financially back at 2014....I hope [Lisk fork] ICO funds be enough and let do a really great job to bring the [JavaScript sidechain / dapp] platform to the world. We in Crypti pushed on development and did a great job having a great platform as a result. Unfortunately no money left for marketing and further development. And for me personally Lisk is the same project with the same idea we wanted bring to the world. For me nothing changed. Same platform which can become more powerful with the new [Lisk fork] ICO....

I suggest everyone to treat this as second funding round what is are very common in start-ups.

How many Lisk you will get for every Crypti you donate (Ownership dilution / concentration):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GwWKK7bpjYTxtQRIq_l2xiKI9rEOpTU1oTt0q3C6Mc8/edit#gid=763738405

What Satoshi price you will pay for one Lisk with the Bitcoin you donate (Logical Lisk starting price at exchanges):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q2MJ25_bK5Yi60FYohYCUEkujUtL5c0P1dOdlDMPMBI/edit#gid=763738405

Note : 15% to 10% bonus for early BTC donation is ignored in these spreadsheets!

Crypti folks:

Note that if your ownership is diluted (less genesis Lisk than Crypti donated), the price of the Lisk you hold goes up to compensate.  The net value of your holdings is unchanged at the end of the ICO.

Note that if your ownership is concentrated (more genesis Lisk than Crypti donated), the price of the Lisk you hold goes down to compensate.  The net value of your holdings is unchanged at the end of the ICO.

Bitcoin folks:

Welcome to the alternative to Etherium.  Why learn some weird new language like "Solidity" or "Serpent" to write smart contracts that will end up running on some giant Chinese server farms?  Program Lisk side chains and dapps in Javascript, run them on your own set of $35 Raspberry Pi 2 or $9 C.H.I.P. microcomputers, and... prepare for lift-off!  

(P.S. First JavaScript programmer to write a Lisk sports betting dapp becomes a billionaire).

This is great. I will add these charts to the OP and next ICO info blog post. Thank you Mal! 

why waiting 4 22nd February?

To build momentum. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
why waiting 4 22nd February?
Activity: 868
Well, I guess if this is the only way to continue with crypti, I am on board. I updated my sig.
Activity: 481
Merit: 250
Nice project , added signature.
legendary

I really cant believe someone hasn't done this by now. Look at this http://pix11.com/2016/02/06/citigroup-to-block-fanduel-draftkings-transactions-during-super-bowl-50/

FanDuel and DraftKings transactions were blocked during the superbowl.... They have to be looking for a way out of the banking system.

I've been waiting for Crypti 0.5.5 to make this possible and now I'm waiting for Lisk 0.5.5 to make this possible.  The wait will be over in April 2016 when Lisk goes live.  The dam is about to burst and a flood unleashed.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Communications Lead

I really cant believe someone hasn't done this by now. Look at this http://pix11.com/2016/02/06/citigroup-to-block-fanduel-draftkings-transactions-during-super-bowl-50/

FanDuel and DraftKings transactions were blocked during the superbowl.... They have to be looking for a way out of the banking system.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Some charts of interest

How many Lisk you will get for every Crypti you donate (Ownership dilution):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GwWKK7bpjYTxtQRIq_l2xiKI9rEOpTU1oTt0q3C6Mc8/edit#gid=763738405

What Satoshi price you will pay for one Lisk when donating Bitcoin or equivalent (Logical Lisk starting price at exchanges):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q2MJ25_bK5Yi60FYohYCUEkujUtL5c0P1dOdlDMPMBI/edit#gid=763738405

Thanks for this Smiley
legendary
Lisk Investment Charts

I'm the initial Crypti investor that kick-started the whole project financially back at 2014....I hope [Lisk fork] ICO funds be enough and let do a really great job to bring the [JavaScript sidechain / dapp] platform to the world. We in Crypti pushed on development and did a great job having a great platform as a result. Unfortunately no money left for marketing and further development. And for me personally Lisk is the same project with the same idea we wanted bring to the world. For me nothing changed. Same platform which can become more powerful with the new [Lisk fork] ICO....

I suggest everyone to treat this as second funding round what is are very common in start-ups.

How many Lisk you will get for every Crypti you donate (Ownership dilution / concentration):

What Satoshi price you will pay for one Lisk with the Bitcoin you donate (Logical Lisk starting price at exchanges):

Crypti folks:

Note that if your ownership is diluted (less genesis Lisk received than Crypti donated), the price of the Lisk you hold goes up to compensate.  The net value of your holdings is unchanged at the end of the ICO.

Note that if your ownership is concentrated (more genesis Lisk received than Crypti donated), the price of the Lisk you hold goes down to compensate.  The net value of your holdings is unchanged at the end of the ICO.

Bitcoin folks:

Welcome to Lisk, the alternative to Ethereum.  Why learn some weird new language like "Solidity" or "Serpent" to write smart contracts that will end up running on some giant Chinese server farm?  Program Lisk side chains and dapps in Javascript, run them on your own network of $35 Raspberry Pi 2 or $9 C.H.I.P. microcomputers deployed worldwide, and... prepare for lift-off!  

Our Tasks for Week 2

We just updated our Trello board and inserted all our tasks for the week. This may change during the week, but it gives you a great overview. Obviously, this is not all we will work on for the week. So expect some surprises. Smiley

- 08th February: Weekly tasks
- 09th February: Explain our forging rewards & Release a video - "The 101 of Dapp Development"
- 10th February: Release of Lisk v0.1.1 & Release Lisk API on our documentation page
- 11th February: Release a video - "Introduction into the Lisk client"
- 12th February: Revise FAQ and documentation section on Lisk.io
- 13th February: Release ICO Terms - Part 2
- 14th February: Newsletter - The week in Retrospect #2

Take a look on Trello

+1 Sounds good.

By the way: Is it necessary to register at Trello to read the full information?

No. It's not necessary. Most entries are in headwords only. Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 508
Our Tasks for Week 2

We just updated our Trello board and inserted all our tasks for the week. This may change during the week, but it gives you a great overview. Obviously, this is not all we will work on for the week. So expect some surprises. Smiley

- 09th February: Explain our forging rewards & Release a video - "The 101 of Dapp Development"
- 10th February: Release of Lisk v0.1.1 & Release Lisk API on our documentation page

Take a look on Trello

+1 Sounds good.

By the way: Is it necessary to register at Trello to read the full information?
what about WARP ?

The LISK warp drive is activated after the launch.  Cheesy

Haha. So WARP comes after moon? Wink

Our Tasks for Week 2

Take a look on Trello
Activity: 910
Merit: 508
what about WARP ?

The LISK warp drive is activated after the launch.  Cheesy

Activity: 441
Bigboss
For those thinking both are belly up, added mini wall at 611
Activity: 441
Bigboss
what about WARP ?

Can you explain what WARP is? I never heard of it.  Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Activity: 1204
Just a small thought....
What, if XCR is raising up to 1500 or higher at LISK ICO?
I just try all to do that and hold all my XCR because - I´m in XCR months ago - because I believe in this new kind of DAPP project.
Of course... I´m not really a big Player. But I hold some more 100k XCR. (Hold it!)
I believe in XCR - and of course, before in you Max.
A hard-fork is not what i´m invested in.

Thanks - Please keep care of the German Thread.

I see no logical reason why the price of XCR would go above Lisk ICO valuation during the ICO. I mean, why would someone pay more for a coin that is going to be replaced with another coin? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but for all intents and purposes, post ICO, the new Crypti is Lisk.

Route to go is either sell your XCR for BTC pre/during the ICO, or convert over to Lisk. Just holding XCR after the ICO would seem to be the ship captain's choice... go down with the ship.

Bter and Poloniex are definitely on the top list for us, it isn't much work for them to add Lisk because it is API compatible to Crypti.

Bter is not longer a good choice. A lot of withrawproblems since months and no support.

You are right. Talks within the Chinese community also revealed that the exchange is slowly dying. We will definitely approach Bittrex as well, earlier this wasn't possible because they demand an open source. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2692
Merit: 1175
Reflinks und User die solche posten sind Scheisse

Bter and Poloniex are definitely on the top list for us, it isn't much work for them to add Lisk because it is API compatible to Crypti.

Bter is not longer a good choice. A lot of withrawproblems since months and no support.
Jump to: