Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MAMM] MammothCoin | TRUSTLESS WALLET UPDATED! V.3.1 (Mandatory) - page 48. (Read 181584 times)

Activity: 381
Merit: 250
I don't think mining is still really worth it at this point, better to buy right now.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
KoinPro
180.000 mammoth dumped in one go. He must know something we dont know. is another coin bite the dust?

Maybe yes...maybe not...who knows.

Dead before PoW ends or rise after pure PoS begin?

That's the question.

Whoever sold 180k MAMM at this price is stupid, that's for sure.

Problem with this coin that pow stages are not clear. Anyone knows when pow ends exactly?

Coin was released on the 7th June.
Info from first page......PoW will be shut down after 60 days (will be pure PoS coin afterwards)
So will be around the first week of August according to that, I don't know down to the exact minute or second though, someone might.
Time maybe few days late because block finding speed is out of our control. The important thing to check is block rewards
it's 25 now but will drop 12.5 then 6.25 then 3.125 ... after this point mining coins has not much effect on market prices. We see the actual times between each halve 10-11 days.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
KoinPro
POW initial payout - 200 coins per block, but now - 25 coins per block
25 coins reward will drop to 12.5 at next halve.
Activity: 381
180.000 mammoth dumped in one go. He must know something we dont know. is another coin bite the dust?

That's the question.

I actually think it's a good thing the bittrex wallet seems to be getting smaller, which means the coins are actually moving towards people that are holding.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

That's the question.

Problem with this coin that pow stages are not clear. Anyone knows when pow ends exactly?

Info from first page......PoW will be shut down after 60 days (will be pure PoS coin afterwards)
So will be around the first week of August according to that, I don't know down to the exact minute or second though, someone might.
I'm sorry! My hand slipped! According to the?

According to the info which is displayed on the first page of this thread regarding POW blocks and when POW ends.
Put relevant part in Bold.

Specs

Pow
- 60 sec PoW block time
- diff retarget each block for PoW
- Initial payout will be 200 coins per block
- True randomness, no cheat from big hashpower such as multipools
- Superblocks:
- Every 12 hours there will be a block with 20X normal payment (initial 4000 coins)
- Every 5 days there will be a block with 250X normal payment (initial 50000 coins)

- Block payout will be halved every 10 days
- PoW will be shut down after 60 days (will be pure PoS coin afterwards)
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
Bitcore (BTX) anything is possible!

That's the question.

I'm sorry! My hand slipped! According to the?
legendary

That's the question.

Activity: 290

That's the question.

legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1116

That's the question.

Activity: 290
legendary
320 sats
Congrats to all!
Dump more please and see the whales emerging soon.

Shocked

I am going to buy some more for sure.

legendary
320 sats
Congrats to all!
Dump more please and see the whales emerging soon.

Shocked
Activity: 252
can anyone tell me how to put my pants on?

loool well firstly you undo your belt, once you have done that you unzip and download jeansoff.exe which will take you to a file where you can take them off leg by leg.. hope this helps
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
can anyone tell me how to put my pants on?
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044
POW initial payout - 200 coins per block, but now - 25 coins per block
legendary
Thank you yurimir.
Can anyone tell me when POW finishes?
Well the OP was June 2nd and they said it would take roughly two months for POW, so around the beginning of August it should be just POS, that's just me going by the info on the first screen though.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Thank you yurimir.
Can anyone tell me when POW finishes?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044
Is the anonymous feature a mixer? Something like coinjoin?

MammothCoin license the great SuperSend technology

What is anonymous features?

Anonymous features hide the traces of the transaction. So basically when you want to send from A to B, instead of showing in the blockchain explicitly a transaction showing A-B, it may show A->X, then Y->B, where X, Y are some random addresses (at least from a large address pool). Of course the transaction can be further obfuscated, such as you can split the sending amount to several parts, and apply the above for each part. This way, it is virtually impossible to trace the real transaction. So it protects your privacy.

Some people asked for details of our plan and implementations, here are some information on it. I'll use question/answer format to give details. Please post more questions if you have, the dev team will do our best to answer them.

Q: What is the overall plan for Mammothcoin to support anonymous features?

A: Our ultimate goal is to create a peer-to-peer and completely de-centralized anonymous system. This is shown in the following diagram. Any node can become an intermediate "mixing" node, if some minimum requirements are satisfied. There is no central control parts. Everything is peer-to-peer and de-centralized.[/center]

Remember that this is a trustless system, any node may cheat if it can.

In order to achieve these goals, we divide our work into two steps:

Phase-1: To achieve anonymous wallet with a simplified, and easy to implement system.
Phase-2: To implement a fully decentralized peer-to-peer anonymous system.

What is an anonymous system? Simply put, it is a system that people can not trace clearly the transactions from the blockchain, and see where the transaction really originated and where it is terminated. This protects people's privacy.

So why we don't go directly to our end-goal? This is because from our surveys and investigations, it is very complex and difficult to achieve a completely decentralized anonymous system. The key here is the "trust". When you do A->X->B, where X is some sort of the middle "mixer" node, the send or sign or commit of A->X and X->B (or its equivalent, such as a double-signed address, mini-escrow, etc), can not completely happen simultaneously, the one side (sender or Mixer-node) that has the last act can always cheat, though sometimes the cheat does not give the cheater benefits, but it can cause damage to the other party. Therefore, a complete trustless system is more difficult to be implemented (though it is possible - we'll discuss some more below).

For this reason, in phase-1 we decided to develop a system that will depend on some sort of the trust, it is much easier to implement, and will give people the anonymous feature. This trust will be done through the dev team, or a credible mining pool.

Q: What is your Phase-1 solution?
A: Our initial anonymous solution will involve some middle trusted mixing pools. This is shown in the following diagram below:

The mixing pools will be hosted initially by dev team, and can also be hosted by credible mining pools. The anon send will be directed to these mixing pools by wallet and mixed and then send to its destination.

Basically it is done like this:
A (source) -> {Xi} (i = 1, ..., m), then {Yi} (i = 1, ..., n)->B (destination)
where {Xi} and {Yi} are randomly chosen addresses from a large pool of addresses (belonging to a mixing pool,
and these addresses are periodically refreshed, phased out, and created).

The source amount from A is split randomly into m parts (for now we choose m = 2,3 or 4 randomly in the anon version we will release for testing, but it will be a configurable parameters later), they are sent to m random addresses in randomly chosen mixing pool. The pool, on confirming the amounts received, will send the same amount in n parts to the destination (for our testnet we choose n=1, again this can be changed and configured).
The result transaction is not traceable (at least extremely difficult to trace, given the large number of addresses in the mixing pool and dynamism of the addresses).

The main part of our phase-1 solution is implemented, and we will release a version for testnet shortly.

Q: Sounds good, is mixing pool software and coin wallet client two different softwares?
A: Absolutely not. They are exactly the same. It is the MAMMOTHcoin wallet. Eventually this will be used for peer-to-peer system (in phase-2), so no reason to be different. Now we configure only a few special nodes as trusted nodes. Once we implement the trustless system in phase-2, no special config is needed.

Q: What is a trust system, and what is a trustless system?
A: A trust system will have at least one node that everyone trusts. This node will never cheat. Other nodes may or may not cheat.
A trustless system is that any nodes will cheat if they can. So to implement a trustless system it is more difficult as you have to implement mechanisms to prevent or discourage a node to cheat. If a node cheats, it will lose much more than it gains.

Q: Can you give some details on the mixing pool?
A: OK, it is basically a wallet client, with a pool feature configured as shown below.

An array of the incoming/outgoing addresses are created and refreshed dynamically, and randomly chosen for each transaction. Incoming and outgoing addresses balance their coins with predefined algorithms.

Smiley

Activity: 252
Pages:
Jump to: