Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][MANNA] Manna: Universal Basic Income + Blockchain - page 3. (Read 26798 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Hi there, I'm enthusiastic about the idea, but after digging in a little more, I have some concerns about security / development of this project...

• The wallets page does not seem to mention Open Source, GitHub, compiling yourself, etc.  I found the source code on GitHub, but it hasn't been touched for almost a year.
  • The website does not use https, so literally everything users see / download there could be replaced by a MITM effortlessly.
  • The Android wallet is not on Google Play.  Instead it is just an APK file to download from the website (see item above).
  • Did not find GPG keys or digests for the files, so installing any of these is really dangerous (especially for anyone who might have another cryptocurrency on the same system like people here).
  • The Linux binary on the website has no file extension.  Not a big deal, but makes me wonder if anyone has ever downloaded and used it.

I have some questions about the economics / distribution, but need to read & think more.  :-)

I have looked into this coin myself and had these concerns as well as the business model of the coin itself.  The idea is nice and all but i'm not exactly sure how the execution is going to work, perhaps i'm not fully understanding how it all will work.  That being said, I do actually want to see this one succeed because well, the cause seems noble and can actually help some very poor people in their lives.

The economics and distribution of UBI are very important considerations. A review of articles on UBI challenges and proposed solutions has led me to believe that the technical and practical aspects of UBI can and will be overcome within the next 6 to 12 months. Searching "Universal Basic Income think-tanks" led me articles and sites where many very smart people are working through many of the challenges. Fortunately cryptocurrency provides a viable solution for both distribution and decentralized control.

One of the largest remaining impediments, IMHO, is pushback from national governments, central banks and the rich/powerful everywhere who have greatly benefited from the current systems and practices. A new income system that reduces the power/control of those who have it is likely to face significant resistance from those same people and institutions. A second and equally formidable challenge will be changing the mindset of the masses in some countries. In the USA for example, the concept of income is very tightly bound to "earnings" or "holdings" - many people would argue that UBI equates to money for nothing and would promote laziness and/or idleness. Changing deeply ingrained mindsets can take a very long time.

However, there is a storm on the horizon that may force societal change and almost everyone to rethink UBI. The advancements in AI and automation will displace millions of workers globally and ballooning debt levels/fiscal crises will devastate many fiat currencies in the years ahead. This trifecta of upheaval may spark widespread discussion and ultimate acceptance of UBI (hopefully) or civil unrest/state collapse/failure of national governance (bad times for all involved). Let us all hope that viable UBI such as Manna comes to fruition in the near-term to prevent widespread catastrophe in the long-term.
Activity: 417
Merit: 105
Hi there, I'm enthusiastic about the idea, but after digging in a little more, I have some concerns about security / development of this project...

• The wallets page does not seem to mention Open Source, GitHub, compiling yourself, etc.  I found the source code on GitHub, but it hasn't been touched for almost a year.
  • The website does not use https, so literally everything users see / download there could be replaced by a MITM effortlessly.
  • The Android wallet is not on Google Play.  Instead it is just an APK file to download from the website (see item above).
  • Did not find GPG keys or digests for the files, so installing any of these is really dangerous (especially for anyone who might have another cryptocurrency on the same system like people here).
  • The Linux binary on the website has no file extension.  Not a big deal, but makes me wonder if anyone has ever downloaded and used it.

I have some questions about the economics / distribution, but need to read & think more.  :-)

I have looked into this coin myself and had these concerns as well as the business model of the coin itself.  The idea is nice and all but i'm not exactly sure how the execution is going to work, perhaps i'm not fully understanding how it all will work.  That being said, I do actually want to see this one succeed because well, the cause seems noble and can actually help some very poor people in their lives.
Activity: 18
Manna relaunch is going to take GRT to the moon. I decided to sell 1/3 of my investment (against my better judgement) just to create a little liquidity in my portfolio....I know after Manna I am likely going to kick myself in the ass for doing so. The team over at Grantcoin / MannaCurrency is amazing, with a true vision for future success. I have been fortunate enough to personally speak to Brandon Venetta, a team member of Grantcoin, and can honestly say that there is a lot of passion for the future of this coin to be successful. I will hold my remaining 2/3 for quite some time just as most of the users of Grantcoin are doing.

Keep up the great work guys....you are creating positive change in the world...Very glad that I supported this coin, and look forward to continuing to support this team.

Thank you! We're working hard to make this project a success! We've been a couple weeks delayed in the rollout of the new website (now in debugging phase), but we're getting ready to release some things this week such as wallets and whitepaper.

Keep up the great work guys, glad to have been an early supporter and long term Hodler of GrantCoin, can't wait to see what the future holds for us as we merge to Manna

While I'm fairly new to UBI - GrantCoin, now Manna, seems to be head and shoulders above the other UBI efforts. Distribution started today and I'm optimistic that this project will be the future of UBI. Best of luck to the team and all supporters/holders!
Activity: 12
Sign with this link: https://www.mannabase.com/?ref=26e5223741

WE both get bonus  Cool
Activity: 742
Merit: 29
www.MarquiseMuseum.com
could a UBI be founded on computing power through proof of stake and masternodes to ensure that there is intrinsic value and that the currency retains purchasing power.
Activity: 30
dear sir do you need chinese translation ? or is there any other thing that need help in twitter ?

Hi,
     A few months back, you offered to possibly translate aspects of our project into Chinese. If you are still interested, we are happy to provide compensation in Manna. Ideally, we would like to have the whitepaper, website and infograph translated. Can you respond to me at [email protected]?

Best,
Jon Frechin
Director of Marketing
Mannabase.com
Activity: 331
Merit: 109
Manna relaunch is going to take GRT to the moon. I decided to sell 1/3 of my investment (against my better judgement) just to create a little liquidity in my portfolio....I know after Manna I am likely going to kick myself in the ass for doing so. The team over at Grantcoin / MannaCurrency is amazing, with a true vision for future success. I have been fortunate enough to personally speak to Brandon Venetta, a team member of Grantcoin, and can honestly say that there is a lot of passion for the future of this coin to be successful. I will hold my remaining 2/3 for quite some time just as most of the users of Grantcoin are doing.

Keep up the great work guys....you are creating positive change in the world...Very glad that I supported this coin, and look forward to continuing to support this team.

Thank you! We're working hard to make this project a success! We've been a couple weeks delayed in the rollout of the new website (now in debugging phase), but we're getting ready to release some things this week such as wallets and whitepaper.

Keep up the great work guys, glad to have been an early supporter and long term Hodler of GrantCoin, can't wait to see what the future holds for us as we merge to Manna
Activity: 76
Merit: 10

brand new
Activity: 0
Do you have pre-ICO? 

Activity: 121
“Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"
Just found out about the project and signed up. Weird that I didn't get any email, we should get an email once we signup.
GrantCoin is probably my favorite long HODL. They have a great, generous, and caring team. I have personally had the opportunity of chatting with one of the team leaders in this project, and can assure you they care deeply about the success of Grantcoin and the shift to Manna. I'm excited about this team and their project and you should be too!
Activity: 76
Hi everyone, soon we'll be coming up with a list of things we need done by volunteers for bounties or payments in Grantcoin.

The highest priorities in the near future are probably the following:

• Help with development and testing for next update to Grantcoin code and wallets, and a few other tech projects.
  • Spanish language translation of our website, etc.

Will update this thread when a more specific list is ready.

If you don't have ne1 for Spanish translation of Grantcoin website yet, I'm here.

Hi, thank you for your interest in helping out. Can you e-mail me at [email protected] and we can talk further?
Activity: 150
Hi everyone, soon we'll be coming up with a list of things we need done by volunteers for bounties or payments in Grantcoin.

The highest priorities in the near future are probably the following:

• Help with development and testing for next update to Grantcoin code and wallets, and a few other tech projects.
  • Spanish language translation of our website, etc.

Will update this thread when a more specific list is ready.

If you don't have ne1 for Spanish translation of Grantcoin website yet, I'm here.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
Hello to all!
I bought coins through southxchange.com.
Do you have some decend wallet? I only find some wallet via twitter... But maybe do you have just some simple wallet?

The list of available wallets can be found at http://www.grantcoin.org/use-grantcoin/wallets/

Also check this post about the coming coin swap etc

Thank you! I'm appreciate your's help! I found and installed this wallet QT version 0.7.0 and now everything works correctly!
Now I'm holder of this tokens at my wallet!
Activity: 643
Merit: 501
Crypto Mentat
Hello to all!
Do you have some decend wallet? I only find some wallet via twitter... But maybe do you have just some simple wallet?

The list of available wallets can be found at http://www.grantcoin.org/use-grantcoin/wallets/

Also check this post about the coming coin swap etc
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
Hello to all!
Activity: 356
Merit: 100

Hello, guys. If you can do something better it will be awesome! Can I translate your project to Russian community? I like your affiliate program. So waiting for updates, I think I will participate in pre-ICO.
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
dear sir do you need chinese translation ? or is there any other thing that need help in twitter ?
Pages:
Jump to: