Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 106. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
This account was recently hacked
Mac wallet does not sync  Embarrassed

U can use

addnode=max.suprnova.cc

in the maxcoin.conf which should help

Thank you but I have found no maxcoin.conf file.
I looked in "library/Application Support/maxcoin" well as in the application bundle
The MaxCoin.conf file will be created when you first run the wallet app, or you can create it yourself

It's located here:
C:\Users\[Your Windows User Account Name]\AppData\Roaming\MaxCoin

I spoke about Mac OSX wallet  Grin
I see, sorry but I don't use a Mac so I have no direct experience of that.  However, from having a quick look online it seems like you're looking in the right folder, so all you should have to do is to create the MaxCoin.conf file as you would with a PC and save it in this folder:

$HOME/Library/Application Support/MaxCoin/

I'd expect that as they're both based on Unix that as with Linux the capitalisation of the folder name would be important too, unlike Windows which doesn't care.

I think I was wrong about the wallet software creating the .conf file, I think it just creates the folder and all the other files in it and you have to put the .conf file in there yourself.
legendary
Activity: 3207
Merit: 1181

U can use

addnode=max.suprnova.cc

I looked in "library/Application Support/maxcoin" well as in the application bundle
The MaxCoin.conf file will be created when you first run the wallet app, or you can create it yourself

It's located here:

I spoke about Mac OSX wallet  Grin

U can use

addnode=max.suprnova.cc

It's located here:

You can download a copy of it from here, but edit to change the line gen=1 to gen=0 because CPU mining it is pointless, and edit the rpcuser/rpcpassword lines: http://www.mininghardware.co.uk/blog/maxcoin-mining-guide-for-windows/

Or you can just copy and paste the following text into an empty text and then rename it MaxCoin.conf (capitalisation of the M and C in the title is important).  Edit the user name and passwords before saving it.

# Seed nodes
addnode=maxcoin.cloudapp.net
addnode=maxcoinus.cloudapp.net
addnode=maxcoinasia.cloudapp.net
addnode=maxexplorer.cloudapp.net
addnode=213.179.202.19
addnode=91.121.8.25
addnode=213.192.56.163:8334
addnode=107.170.15.110:8668
addnode=131.111.33.245:8668
addnode=137.116.204.146:8668
addnode=138.91.116.247:8668
addnode=144.76.107.81:8668
addnode=144.76.113.132:8668
addnode=144.76.238.140:8668
addnode=148.251.11.196:8668
addnode=162.251.118.42:8668
addnode=187.104.154.105:8668

# Enable RPC
server=1

# RPC information
rpcuser=[Your user name for solo mining][make something up!]
rpcpassword=[Your password for solo mining][make something up!]

# Mining
gen=0
legendary
Mac wallet does not sync  Embarrassed

U can use

addnode=max.suprnova.cc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
Please withdraw your coins from our MaxCoin Pool before 3/10.

https://max.netcodepool.org
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

U can use

addnode=max.suprnova.cc

legendary
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
https://max.suprnova.cc working very well and has 0% Fee AND 5 MAX Block Bonus !

still valid !
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Austin Global Exchange will have MAX/BTC available for trading at launch! We'll also have a lot more: learn about our approach to markets and trading pairs in our recent blog post: http://austinglobal.tumblr.com/post/78389466020/austin-global-exchange-goes-beyond-just-btc

- The Austin Global Team

Find us at:
agx.io
twitter.com/austinglobalx
austinglobal.tumblr.com
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Activity: 23
Merit: 0

Max isn't an idiot (though he does talk like one frequently)... if 1GH tries to abuse its power and double spend or if someone hacks 1GH then Max would back away quietly rather than have his name plastered all over news reports of a massive scandal like that.

if a whole bunch of coins get stolen like Mt GOX then this coin is gonna be a hot potato that nobody will want to catch...

max and the devs should go on RT and tell everyone to get the F off 1GH.

their pool is devaluing every ones investments so they should have their reputation tarnished publicly and openly

The security of the network is in the hands of an arrogant and irresponsible 1gh pool op, what could possibly go wrong?

If it was just a matter of money, 1gh.com already done much harm and grabbed enough! Why the hell don't the devs and owner oppose him actively?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
72.5% hashpower on 1gh.... going on fork soon... Was great run, now its over as miners can't understand to spread their power around pools. We're making money only to one pool and destroying ourselves. Have fun watching it dying.

You're complaining to the wrong group of miners. It's the Chinamen that make up the bulk of the hashrate. It doesn't help the 1gh pool op refuses to take any action to distribute the hashrate to other pools.

I don't think it matters anyway, the price is on a continual downward spiral that appears to have no end. It's a shame as sha-3 run so much better on my rigs than scrypt. Scrypt just needs to die.

You are 100% right. Scrypt does need to die. Its a waste of electricity when there is an alternative that doesn't seem to impact on the security of the network.

But the devs on Litecoin will just say that ASICs are coming, they use less energy. This misses the point for me and shows a great deal of complacency / arrogance, so I'd be happy to see scrypt die out.
legendary
Activity: 1311

Max isn't an idiot (though he does talk like one frequently)... if 1GH tries to abuse its power and double spend or if someone hacks 1GH then Max would back away quietly rather than have his name plastered all over news reports of a massive scandal like that.

if a whole bunch of coins get stolen like Mt GOX then this coin is gonna be a hot potato that nobody will want to catch...

their pool is devaluing every ones investments so they should have their reputation tarnished publicly and openly

The security of the network is in the hands of an arrogant and irresponsible 1gh pool op, what could possibly go wrong?
It's not just Maxcoin, all the alts are suffering in the wake of the MtGox fiasco.  This isn't anything new, whenever BTC takes a hit the alts do twice as badly.  It works the other way around too, when BTC shot up to $1200 Litecoin went up twice as fast, along with many of the others, even Chinacoin came back from the dead when that happened.  When the Gox story is old news the alts are likely to stop falling and hopefully start to recover.  At least Maxcoin has the advantage of using a different system, it's not just yet another Bitcoin or Litecoin clone.  Anyway, don't forget that after it's initial peak that Dogecoin just kept falling and everyone said it was a dead scam coin, look what happened to that afterwards and the only different thing that coin had in its favour was a picture of a cute dog and a few silly phrases.  (actually that dog looks to me like it's planning to bite whoever's hassling it)

Of course though it hasn't helped having MCXNow as the main trading platform, with the same couple of dozen childish trolls endlessly slagging it off and telling everyone to dump it from the moment this coin appeared.  Maybe the fact that it's now on Cryptsy will help.  Anyway, what sort of serious trading platform has a trollbox in the middle of it anyway?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
maxcoin dying..

Well deserved, really. Majority of miners are still at the same pool which already 51% attacked MAX, majority of coins are still at exchange that is
known as a scammers paradise and could steal then dump millions of MAX at any time, instamining at the start, etc. no sane investor gonna buy a
lot of MAX at this prices! I have bought just enough in 0.00065 to 0.0014 range to keep me interested in MAX (around 0.5 BTC total) but now my
buy orders are at 0.0001 and lower. Unless situation around MAX does not change for better even 0.0001 might be too high price so I'm watching
MAX closely, ready to remove my buy orders at any moment.

Just like with Gox, it is pointless to speak much about potential problems. Retards will not listen, ever, so the only way for me to "punish" them is
to devalue their work and efforts.

mcxnow is closing doors soon, they better hurry!
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
I've lost too much in the top of the coin
Activity: 798
maxcoin dying..

Max is talking this coin up constantly on his RT show. I personally don't see any way this coin could die unless Max Keiser abandons ship.

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
maxcoin dying..

Max is talking this coin up constantly on his RT show. I personally don't see any way this coin could die unless Max Keiser abandons ship.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
maxcoin dying..

Well deserved, really. Majority of miners are still at the same pool which already 51% attacked MAX, majority of coins are still at exchange that is
known as a scammers paradise and could steal then dump millions of MAX at any time, instamining at the start, etc. no sane investor gonna buy a
lot of MAX at this prices! I have bought just enough in 0.00065 to 0.0014 range to keep me interested in MAX (around 0.5 BTC total) but now my
buy orders are at 0.0001 and lower. Unless situation around MAX does not change for better even 0.0001 might be too high price so I'm watching
MAX closely, ready to remove my buy orders at any moment.

Just like with Gox, it is pointless to speak much about potential problems. Retards will not listen, ever, so the only way for me to "punish" them is
to devalue their work and efforts.
Jump to: