Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 107. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Bored
I am sure Max wouldn't have tanked, had it been on any exchange other than MCXNow. Having a trollbox on the exchange is death for something like Maxcoin. When the haters outweigh those who like the coin, you have no chance - after all, as Metallica once said 'an empty can rattles the most'.

Oh, I pulled my 800 Max out of MCXNow about 4 days ago, back into my wallet - it's not going to go back to the price I am willing to sell for, for a while, so I may as well keep them safely offline.
+1
If you believe a minimum in MaxCoin, you should just forget about this scam exchange forever.

People find mcxNOW convenient but people owning BTC on Gox also though it was convenient and look at the result.
Admins are constantly trashing MAX, publicly wishing it dead, insulting holders and claiming Mincoin, a total shitcoin they own for pump and dump purposes, is way superior with the joke MIN>MAX.

I'm pretty sure now the main reason they added max was to troll it with that joke and give some fame to their shit Mincoin.
When the admins of an unfortunatly such big exchange are not neutral like this and acting like jerks, really it would not be surprising they are manipulating the price down themselves and will continue to do so...

SO whats a good exchange for MAX?

Cryptsy...
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/152

Why are you ever bothering with mcxnow when Max is on cryptsy?
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
maxcoin dying..
Activity: 238
SHA-3 is great imho - my cards run a t a lower temperature, and my rig uses about 20% less electricity mining MAX - but with the lowering of value, it's no longer profitable for me to mine, so I have switched back to Middlecoin, mining Scryptcoins.

I will hold my MAX though - no choice really, having spent 1.5BTC on a pile near the top - thinking it was moon-bound, and having mined another 2.4BTC worth (at that earlier top), it's not worth me cutting loose, I'd only get 0.5btc in total right now, so I guess I'll go long term.

A friend and I are working on a lottery website now though in our spare time (currently DOGE, but will be expanded to many coins - and the next will be MAX) - one that uses the blockchain properly for picking the winner - so hopefully in a couple of weeks when we have all the bugs ironed out, that will be something to look forward to!
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
72.5% hashpower on 1gh.... going on fork soon... Was great run, now its over as miners can't understand to spread their power around pools. We're making money only to one pool and destroying ourselves. Have fun watching it dying.

You're complaining to the wrong group of miners. It's the Chinamen that make up the bulk of the hashrate. It doesn't help the 1gh pool op refuses to take any action to distribute the hashrate to other pools.

I don't think it matters anyway, the price is on a continual downward spiral that appears to have no end. It's a shame as sha-3 run so much better on my rigs than scrypt. Scrypt just needs to die.
Activity: 210
Activity: 359
MCXNow seems to be down?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I am sure Max wouldn't have tanked, had it been on any exchange other than MCXNow. Having a trollbox on the exchange is death for something like Maxcoin. When the haters outweigh those who like the coin, you have no chance - after all, as Metallica once said 'an empty can rattles the most'.

Oh, I pulled my 800 Max out of MCXNow about 4 days ago, back into my wallet - it's not going to go back to the price I am willing to sell for, for a while, so I may as well keep them safely offline.
I will do the same.

_______________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________
Next Coin Lite - Fair Distribution
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
72.5% hashpower on 1gh.... going on fork soon... Was great run, now its over as miners can't understand to spread their power around pools. We're making money only to one pool and destroying ourselves. Have fun watching it dying.

I would like to switch to maxcoinpool.com, but there is not possible find any block. %(

I use dwarfpool.. so far so good
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Why would it fork? With 72.5% of the hash power it is the main fork, it's not going to fork again.

I think you need to read up on 51% attacks and what people can do once they have that kind of power..

the people at 1GH are clearly not responsible people because if they where then they wouldn't allow their pool to go past 49%..
why people willingly give their hashing power and coins to bunch of anonymous irresponsible people is completely beyond me...

Activity: 46

+1
If you believe a minimum in MaxCoin, you should just forget about this scam exchange forever.

People find mcxNOW convenient but people owning BTC on Gox also though it was convenient and look at the result.
Admins are constantly trashing MAX, publicly wishing it dead, insulting holders and claiming Mincoin, a total shitcoin they own for pump and dump purposes, is way superior with the joke MIN>MAX.

I'm pretty sure now the main reason they added max was to troll it with that joke and give some fame to their shit Mincoin.
When the admins of an unfortunatly such big exchange are not neutral like this and acting like jerks, really it would not be surprising they are manipulating the price down themselves and will continue to do so...

SO whats a good exchange for MAX?
Activity: 18

I would like to switch to maxcoinpool.com, but there is not possible find any block. %(
Those who put their hash power on 1gh are simply stupid. They cant see the fact that they just huritng themselves.
Activity: 252
Why would it fork? With 72.5% of the hash power it is the main fork, it's not going to fork again.
Activity: 51
Activity: 170
I downloaded the lastest source code from github then built in mingw, included cryptopp path and lib in makefile. My makefile:

Is there a libcryptopp.a or libcryptopp.dll(.so) in that path? It might be in a subdirectory or something.

You might only have the static library in which case you should remove the "-l cryptopp" and add the static library to OBJS or something like:
Code:
OBJS= \
    cryptopp/libcryptopp.a \
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
https://max.suprnova.cc working very well and has 0% Fee AND 5 MAX Block Bonus !
Activity: 210
rem motd
@echo MAX.1GH.COM
@echo ===========
@echo Please replace our demo address with yours.
@echo

cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mdr5rGdv5mq4zniSZDb6FdWnhUjV71C5d9 -p x -I 14

is this correct setting for maxcoin?

Yeap, your stats http://max.1gh.com/user?wallet=mdr5rGdv5mq4zniSZDb6FdWnhUjV71C5d9
Activity: 18
Very hard to find any block on maxcoinpool.com
All on 1gh.com
Jump to: