Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 125. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Same goes for nut2pools, stay at the trusted ones!...Nut2pools have been here for quite some time...I always mine there if he provide an pool for the coin I'm currently after! And no, I'm not an owner/partner of nut2pools!

Regardless of your effervescent praise, he still has my 10 MAX, and he still hasn't paid me. 

However, I see by the notice on his front page that he is shutting down the pool on Sunday February 23rd and will pay everybody then.

What pool are you talking about?

max.nut2pools.com

Ah--sorry.  That notice is on the FTC pool front page https://ftc.nut2pools.com/

Perhaps it is telling that the FTC pool front page does not show a MAX pool.

And he still has neither paid me nor replied to my followup email.

He has moved the feathercoin pool over to one of his bigass dedis (away from that VPS bullshit), during that part he relaunched the pool to not mess up the statistics part, all accounts were copied over and people were notified good time in advanced. Regarding the links to other pools, yeah he need to get an fronted to tie all the pools together and welcome people. Hopefully this will be prioritized soon.
Not like him to be late at responding on tickets, he usually has an within 24hours policy.
Ill contact him to get his feed on this Wink This will be worked out properly Smiley
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Here is my reply to his ticket response:

Sent:   Tue 2/18/14 10:34 AM
To:    Support ([email protected])

I am unable to log into the account using either the username boraxo or the email address xxx and the password which I established when I registered.

When I click the "Forgot your password?" link, I am prompted to enter the email address to where a password reset will be sent.  However when I attempt to enter this email address, it only lets me get as far as (first 20 characters of email address) before the entry field will accept no more characters.  Attempting to enter my username "boraxo" results in an "Unable to find a mail address for user boraxo" message.

So, your pool is not automatically transferring my mined coins to my wallet, and I am unable to manually withdraw them because I can't log into my account.

Please transfer my balance to my MAX receive address:

mS47ysKD6Zh14v2N6dZPqBXDNL3JYFQ9kV

Thank you.

(me)

Actions

Support ([email protected])
Add to contacts
2/18/14
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
To: (my email)
Picture of Support
Sent:   Tue 2/18/14 9:10 AM
To:    (my email)

-- do not edit --

(me),

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #705064 with the following response:

hi,

not sure where you are looking but i see LOADS of credits to your account of .2 - .3 max every 30 minutes.

You have nearly 10 max on your account now.

Regards

Nut

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.

https://suppo[Suspicious link removed]t2pools.com/view.php?t=705064&e=(my email)&a=9f3e00a538060e4e77730ae225ce7789
Activity: 252
Is there a problem with the http://max.coinedpool.com/ website I can't access the pool?
Same goes for nut2pools, stay at the trusted ones!...Nut2pools have been here for quite some time...I always mine there if he provide an pool for the coin I'm currently after! And no, I'm not an owner/partner of nut2pools!

Regardless of your effervescent praise, he still has my 10 MAX, and he still hasn't paid me. 

However, I see by the notice on his front page that he is shutting down the pool on Sunday February 23rd and will pay everybody then.

max.nut2pools.com

Ah--sorry.  That notice is on the FTC pool front page https://ftc.nut2pools.com/

Perhaps it is telling that the FTC pool front page does not show a MAX pool.

And he still has neither paid me nor replied to my followup email.

EDIT:
Theres no message of him shutting the max pool down. Thats a lie.
I have no issues getting transfers out of the pool, have you created an ticket on his help system?

max.nut2pools.com

Ehmm.. any info about the smalltime miner maxcoin pool?

No idea. Pools seem to be accessible at 162.243.123.200. I wish I could connect to max.smalltimeminer.com with this ip, but I don't know how to do it.

edit your hosts file (google it where to find this file on your computer)
and add the line
Code:
162.243.123.200 max.smalltimeminer.com

this overrules DNS and always points max.smalltimeminer.com to 162.243.123.200 from your pc.
but dont forget to delete this line after they fixed their issue, or you might get problems accessing max.smalltimeminer.com in the future!

this will not fix their web server... if it's not accessible by the ip, it will not be by the name, this way.

Smalltimeminers was the 2nd largest pool so a lot of you must have mined there.  Is it pretty much concluded they have ran off with our coins?  Anyone know them personally and want to help nudge them to put the site back up so we can at least withdraw our coins.  Something needs to be done about these scam pools, they are stealing not just coins, but coins that result in real money.

Here is the email if anyone else needs it:

Bigal ([email protected])

I've emailed them and no reply back.  In the past they were quite fast responding.

Always research about the history of a pool you are putting your precious time and electricity on.

Just a fyi, Netcodepool is mining since late 2012. 75,000 LTC and 1,300,000,000 DOGE have been mined here plus holding a record for not loosing a user's single coin.

Ya thanks, I'll never join a new pool without a history ever again.  I saw another new pool just pop up in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if smalltimeminers just started another one under a different name.  You would think though being the 2nd largest pool it would have been ok.  If they were legit they would have responded to this thread by now also.  I wonder what those big miners do when this happens to them.  Luckily I didn't have much pointed to them, but still.

Same goes for nut2pools, stay at the trusted ones!
Nut2pools have been here for quite some time, one of the earlier main pool for FTC, on of the largest ones for Doge, and have never skipped an payment or lost anyones funds.
I always mine there if he provide an pool for the coin I'm currently after!

And no, I'm not an owner/partner of nut2pools!

max.nut2pools.com
Activity: 30
Please add the coin to QoinPro
give the community possibility to get free coins daily
http://www.qoinpro.com/a8f6b9091473d9b08da30234e10ed035

I think that only qoinpro can chose if give free max or not..
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Please add the coin to QoinPro
give the community possibility to get free coins daily
http://www.qoinpro.com/4d23445478b8724228194b5914b2fa57
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Windows 8 working GUI maxcoin wallet can be downloaded from here

https://github.com/Max-Coin/maxcoin/releases/tag/v0.8.9.1
...So I guess that nut2pools was a scam pool too.
I'm getting paid fine and the automatic withdrawal's are working great.

Goody for you, but nut2pool still has my 10 MAX and its proprietor has not gotten back to me.

For now I'm sticking to 1gh and dwarfpool.  Those pay, are anonymous, and I can readily see my progress by hitting F5.

Just so everyone knows, You can see your progress when you log in to nut2pool.

Update from the dev's on the Windows 8 Wallet:

"We've got a fully functioning windows 8 wallet now and have sorted out all the issues we were having with our build system. We're going to release updated wallets for all platforms all at once in the next day or so."
new version is available?? http://maxcoin.co.uk/downloads/wallet-windows.zip - old version! (updated)
...Just so everyone knows, You can see your progress when you log in to nut2pool.

But that is exactly the problem: I *can't log in* to nut2pool.  If I try using username boraxo it tells me I need to log in with an email address.  If I try logging in with username my email address, it stops accepting keystrokes at 20 characters, so won't take my full email address.

And its owner has neither paid me (as I specifically requested, in email) nor answered my email.
Activity: 152
Ofcourse, but the price is still going down. Steady fall.

It looks like the price will continue going down. Supply increases, demand falls
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Goody for you, but nut2pool still has my 10 MAX and its proprietor has not gotten back to me.

For now I'm sticking to 1gh and dwarfpool.  Those pay, are anonymous, and I can readily see my progress by hitting F5.

Just so everyone knows, You can see your progress when you log in to nut2pool.

Update from the dev's on the Windows 8 Wallet:

"We've got a fully functioning windows 8 wallet now and have sorted out all the issues we were having with our build system. We're going to release updated wallets for all platforms all at once in the next day or so."

BTW, I mined for 24 hours at nut2pools two days ago, didn't get paid, attempted to log in, it did not accept my password, attempted to give it my email to get a password reset sent, the entry field did not accept enough characters to take my email address.  I left a message on the contact form.  nut got back to me via email to tell me that I have about 10 MAX.   But it is not paying out to me and I can't log in to manually withdraw it.   I replied to inform nut of this.  It's been 24 hours now since I last heard from nut.  So I guess that nut2pools was a scam pool too.

wtf, site nut2pools dont available  too Angry

Works perfectly fine here.
BTW, I mined for 24 hours at nut2pools two days ago, didn't get paid, attempted to log in, it did not accept my password, attempted to give it my email to get a password reset sent, the entry field did not accept enough characters to take my email address.  I left a message on the contact form.  nut got back to me via email to tell me that I have about 10 MAX.   But it is not paying out to me and I can't log in to manually withdraw it.   I replied to inform nut of this.  It's been 24 hours now since I last heard from nut.  So I guess that nut2pools was a scam pool too.

wtf, site nut2pools dont available  too Angry

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
https://max.suprnova.cc is there since the first days, it pays out and does bonuses on a regular basis.
Activity: 56
Ehmm.. any info about the smalltime miner maxcoin pool?

No idea. Pools seem to be accessible at 162.243.123.200. I wish I could connect to max.smalltimeminer.com with this ip, but I don't know how to do it.

edit your hosts file (google it where to find this file on your computer)
and add the line
Code:
162.243.123.200 max.smalltimeminer.com

this overrules DNS and always points max.smalltimeminer.com to 162.243.123.200 from your pc.
but dont forget to delete this line after they fixed their issue, or you might get problems accessing max.smalltimeminer.com in the future!

this will not fix their web server... if it's not accessible by the ip, it will not be by the name, this way.

Smalltimeminers was the 2nd largest pool so a lot of you must have mined there.  Is it pretty much concluded they have ran off with our coins?  Anyone know them personally and want to help nudge them to put the site back up so we can at least withdraw our coins.  Something needs to be done about these scam pools, they are stealing not just coins, but coins that result in real money.

Here is the email if anyone else needs it:

Bigal ([email protected])

I've emailed them and no reply back.  In the past they were quite fast responding.

Always research about the history of a pool you are putting your precious time and electricity on.

Just a fyi, Netcodepool is mining since late 2012. 75,000 LTC and 1,300,000,000 DOGE have been mined here plus holding a record for not loosing a user's single coin.

Ya thanks, I'll never join a new pool without a history ever again.  I saw another new pool just pop up in this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if smalltimeminers just started another one under a different name.  You would think though being the 2nd largest pool it would have been ok.  If they were legit they would have responded to this thread by now also.  I wonder what those big miners do when this happens to them.  Luckily I didn't have much pointed to them, but still.
Jump to: