Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 126. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
BTW, I mined for 24 hours at nut2pools two days ago, didn't get paid, attempted to log in, it did not accept my password, attempted to give it my email to get a password reset sent, the entry field did not accept enough characters to take my email address.  I left a message on the contact form.  nut got back to me via email to tell me that I have about 10 MAX.   But it is not paying out to me and I can't log in to manually withdraw it.   I replied to inform nut of this.  It's been 24 hours now since I last heard from nut.  

So I guess that nut2pools was a scam pool too.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
Ehmm.. any info about the smalltime miner maxcoin pool?

No idea. Pools seem to be accessible at 162.243.123.200. I wish I could connect to max.smalltimeminer.com with this ip, but I don't know how to do it.

edit your hosts file (google it where to find this file on your computer)
and add the line
Code:
162.243.123.200 max.smalltimeminer.com

this overrules DNS and always points max.smalltimeminer.com to 162.243.123.200 from your pc.
but dont forget to delete this line after they fixed their issue, or you might get problems accessing max.smalltimeminer.com in the future!

this will not fix their web server... if it's not accessible by the ip, it will not be by the name, this way.

Smalltimeminers was the 2nd largest pool so a lot of you must have mined there.  Is it pretty much concluded they have ran off with our coins?  Anyone know them personally and want to help nudge them to put the site back up so we can at least withdraw our coins.  Something needs to be done about these scam pools, they are stealing not just coins, but coins that result in real money.

Here is the email if anyone else needs it:

Bigal ([email protected])

I've emailed them and no reply back.  In the past they were quite fast responding.

Always research about the history of a pool you are putting your precious time and electricity on.

Just a fyi, Netcodepool is mining since late 2012. 75,000 LTC and 1,300,000,000 DOGE have been mined here plus holding a record for not loosing a user's single coin.
to turn the 290X's fan down from jet-taking-off to kitchen-stove-fan, so I can hear myself think.  This brings hash rate down to 520 or so.  And then when I go away

aticonfig --odsc 1000,850

for normal speed of 600-640 MH/s.

Try putting a fan (at least 12cm) right at r290(x) side (near the card fan, 90 degrees to the mainboard), blowing in the card direction. Helped me reducing the noise greatly (it also reduced power consumption, the r290 fan sucks a lot of electricity when turning fast).

Not enough room to do that on my rig.  It's not on a tabletop, rather in a desktop tower case.  The 290X is on the first (physically, the upper) pci-e slot and the 260X sits below it on the second pci-e slot.  Out from the end of the 290X, the hard disk carrier occupies the rest of the space to the front of the case.

I do have an 80 mm fan blowing across the 260X, parallel to the motherboard.  That cools both cards down.   Both cards run at ~80 C when the 290X's fan is on high, and at 75 C when the 290X's fan is on low.  I suppose when I have time I could switch the cards' positions, but then the airflow to the 290X's fan would be restricted by the limited space between the fan intake and the floor of the case.

If I had to build a fresh rig I'd probably go with three 260X's rather than one 290X.  Same hashing power but much quieter.  At Fry's, three 260X's sell for $375+ tax after rebate.  A single 290X nowadays sells for $619 +tax +shipping.  For the $244 difference you can buy an MSI Z87-G43 mb, a cheap Celeron cpu, and a 2 GB ram stick, then run it on Puppy Linux booted from a USB thumb drive.  Add $99 for a Corsair RM 650 power supply.  Then use your first two weeks' income to buy a second 260X for the remaining slot, and you'll end up with the same 605 MH/s hashing power as one 260X plus this frickin' jet aircraft 290X is giving me.
Activity: 56

No idea. Pools seem to be accessible at 162.243.123.200. I wish I could connect to max.smalltimeminer.com with this ip, but I don't know how to do it.

and add the line
Code:

this overrules DNS and always points max.smalltimeminer.com to 162.243.123.200 from your pc.
but dont forget to delete this line after they fixed their issue, or you might get problems accessing max.smalltimeminer.com in the future!

this will not fix their web server... if it's not accessible by the ip, it will not be by the name, this way.

Smalltimeminers was the 2nd largest pool so a lot of you must have mined there.  Is it pretty much concluded they have ran off with our coins?  Anyone know them personally and want to help nudge them to put the site back up so we can at least withdraw our coins.  Something needs to be done about these scam pools, they are stealing not just coins, but coins that result in real money.

Here is the email if anyone else needs it:

Bigal ([email protected])

I've emailed them and no reply back.  In the past they were quite fast responding.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
Price is good.
Maxcoin better than dogi (imho), now.

Ofcourse, but the price is still going down. Steady fall.
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094
Black Belt Developer
to turn the 290X's fan down from jet-taking-off to kitchen-stove-fan, so I can hear myself think.  This brings hash rate down to 520 or so.  And then when I go away

Try putting a fan (at least 12cm) right at r290(x) side (near the card fan, 90 degrees to the mainboard), blowing in the card direction. Helped me reducing the noise greatly (it also reduced power consumption, the r290 fan sucks a lot of electricity when turning fast).
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
Whoops, wrong thread
How do you calculate maxcoin per day?

Profit calculator and convertor for Maxcoin

http://dwarfpool.com/max/calc
This does not work. I mined with constant speed for 24 hours and the returns were only a quarter of what they claimed. Expect a 4th of what it says.

Works well for me. I have one r9 290X and one r7 260X, using cgminer from 1gh, I'm seeing about 605 MH/s, the calculator says I should be getting 9.0039 MAX per day at current difficulty of 126,116 and 9 MAX is indeed what I'm getting.  Actually, a little less than 9, because whenever I'm sitting at the computer I do

aticonfig --od-enable
aticonfig --odsc 800,650

Price is good.
Maxcoin better than dogi (imho), now.
Activity: 281

https://netcodepool.org works fine, not a SINGLE downtime
Embarrassed site not loading

try this https://max.netcodepool.org

...and avoid the block stat %, getting good blocks
legendary
Black Belt Developer

and add the line
Code:

Activity: 140
Price Growing Again !!!

Embarrassed site not loading
Activity: 11

and add the line
Code:

legendary
Black Belt Developer

If it's set as a name-based virtualhost, then you're out of luck.
Unless it's available as a subdirectory of the main web space: try to look into your web history in order to find clues.
I never used it so I can't do it myself.
Activity: 434

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

you know at this price 700 new btc needs to comvert to maxcoin everyday. Is this feasible?

It doesn't have to because every miner is not selling 100% of his coins every day.

Stop with this misconception, it makes my head hurt because of facepalms.

Always use worsed case most miners dump.. also others selling out.
Jump to: