Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 213. (Read 914218 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Whats with the dead wallet links..
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
Some day i too can have a avatar and be like you.
If you guys have a crashing cgminer (I think we all do, rarity varies), create yourself a new batch file (and place it in your cgminer folder with the rest of your batch files) that kill an reload cgminer every x amount of time. This way you minimize down time especially overnight when you need the much needed sleep. I made this for my Windows 7/8 miners and it works fine.

:top1
cd C:\Users\Home\Desktop\cgminer-3.7.2-windows
START _max_smt.bat
timeout /T 1800
taskkill /f /im "cgminer.exe"
timeout /T 10
goto top1

Replace the second and third line with the proper path to you cgminer directory and third line with the name of the batch file with your cgminer settings. Time T is in seconds, so you can adjust it to your liking.  Run this batch file to periodically call the batch file you'd normally run instead. Wink

If I earn you some extra MAX - mYCNVTLbpQAXVLHPNMVcpJFxENQDNfJWQw  Grin

Evgerything is OK just old cgminer is still in the background after task kill.. did I done something wrong? I need old cgminer closed before new one is opened...

The old cgminer window will no longer be running (it will be frozen), so you don't have to worry about it. You can close it out manually. The only reason I did not add a close cmd.exe window is because I have wallets that are running in cmd windows. I've had 5 or 6 of those killed cgminer windows in the background on one machine without issue.  Wink
Yes, the new bat file really help a lot.
The cgminers close and then re-open by itself with the given time I want.
So even it crashed, it will re-open with a short time.
However, there is still an annoying issue.
The dead cgminer windows will never disappear.
How can I auto close these old cg windows?
Plz tell me,thanks.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
so much for the gpu/asic proof coin.. this coins value is going to shoot threw the roof !

Wha? 

The market value for this coin keeps falling and falling.   It's sliding down the drain, not shooting up anywhere. 

I wonder why... Wink
Activity: 370
Merit: 250
so much for the gpu/asic proof coin.. this coins value is going to shoot threw the roof !

Wha? 

The market value for this coin keeps falling and falling.   It's sliding down the drain, not shooting up anywhere. 

The coin was a con job from the start, and crooked keiser knew that.
max.1gh.com has several on their site.

Cant mine with windows? I dont see a windows miner anywhere
I mined with their windows miner and it crashed my pc, had to reboot
Activity: 196
Just found a block by myself since no one had joined. 96 coins in an hour. More than I made all day yesterday on maxcoinpool and 1gh.

People starting to join now.

0% PROP

https://pool.chunky.ms/max/
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
If anyone needs help recovering coins from ypool PM me.
Activity: 134
Activity: 350
This account was recently hacked

There's also Cudaminer in case you're using Nvidia cards.  You need the latest one, there's a download link for it on page 1 of the thread about it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cudaminer-ccminer-cuda-based-mining-applications-windowslinuxmacosx-167229

You'll get twice the hashrate that you will with CGminer, or mining any coin using any OpenCL based miner.  Apparently this is because Nvidia cards don't handle integer maths in OpenCL as efficiently as AMD cards, which is why they benefit from using a miner coded for CUDA.  The latest Cudaminer has been patched for the keccak protocol and the latest update to Stratum

Your not making any sense... reread what. you wrote. Amd is many times more hash
via cgminer than cuda.. cudaminer is worthless now.
What I said was that if you're using an Nvidia card then it'll mine twice as fast with Cudaminer than it will with CGMiner, that's true and it does make sense.  Obviously if you have an AMD card then that's better but you've got no choice other than to use CGMiner with it, AMD cards don't support CUDA so can't use CUDAMiner anyway.

My GTX580 is doing about 100MH/s with Cudaminer which isn't exactly useless, my HD5870 is doing twice as much with CGMiner but obviously I'm going to use the cards that I've got.
If you guys have a crashing cgminer (I think we all do, rarity varies), create yourself a new batch file (and place it in your cgminer folder with the rest of your batch files) that kill an reload cgminer every x amount of time. This way you minimize down time especially overnight when you need the much needed sleep. I made this for my Windows 7/8 miners and it works fine.

:top1
cd C:\Users\Home\Desktop\cgminer-3.7.2-windows
START _max_smt.bat
timeout /T 1800
taskkill /f /im "cgminer.exe"
timeout /T 10
goto top1

Replace the second and third line with the proper path to you cgminer directory and third line with the name of the batch file with your cgminer settings. Time T is in seconds, so you can adjust it to your liking.  Run this batch file to periodically call the batch file you'd normally run instead. Wink

If I earn you some extra MAX - mYCNVTLbpQAXVLHPNMVcpJFxENQDNfJWQw  Grin

Evgerything is OK just old cgminer is still in the background after task kill.. did I done something wrong? I need old cgminer closed before new one is opened...

I did this above and changed settings and removed
_max_smt.bat
to be bat.bat and it opened up 242 windows and wouln't close any of them and then i had to reboot pc because I couldn't do sht
Activity: 196
Lots of people complaining about 1GH but I have had an exceptional run with it.   Almost 3 hours since I started up the miner and only one reject so far.

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Anybody have a recommended setting for Sapphire R9 280x's via CGMINER? I'm only getting around 350MHs per card hashing. Worker Utility is around 75 though. Any ideas? These pups should be way faster, no?

Current config is rather basic:

Code:
cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mQWyBikKCHMshnjEewY6kKxQX6jxzDG3Ui -p x -I 13

Seems about right.  I'm getting 335 mh/s with a HD5970 which puts up similar hash rates as your for scrypt mining (slightly less). 
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

There's also Cudaminer in case you're using Nvidia cards.  You need the latest one, there's a download link for it on page 1 of the thread about it: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cudaminer-ccminer-cuda-based-mining-applications-windowslinuxmacosx-167229

You'll get twice the hashrate that you will with CGminer, or mining any coin using any OpenCL based miner.  Apparently this is because Nvidia cards don't handle integer maths in OpenCL as efficiently as AMD cards, which is why they benefit from using a miner coded for CUDA.  The latest Cudaminer has been patched for the keccak protocol and the latest update to Stratum

Your not making any sense... reread what. you wrote. Amd is many times more hash
via cgminer than cuda.. cudaminer is worthless now.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
Qt wallet has
miner menu
maxcoin wallet with lost passfraze, god im an idiot, to anyone who wants to try get my coins ill give you half, i have 25 MAX on there
Thanks, but the only way those coins will ever be recovered is if you remember/find the password.  Cracking your encrypted wallet is no easier than cracking the Bitcoin blockchain, plenty have tried and nobody's managed it.  Good luck with remembering your paraphrase.

Looking on the bright side, currently they're not worth much.  However, if they ever become valuable then you'd be in a similar situation to the guy who mined 7500BTC when they were worthless and threw away the hard drive with his wallet on it, you may have heard about it: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/nov/27/hard-drive-bitcoin-landfill-site

due to max's rigged setup and failed launch and giving away source code early and not living up to any of him promises instead of doing anything he said, he let crooks get rich from the start. In the pool I'm on many people are making 223,000$ a day and they are the same people that get rich in other pools. Max already said he made several bitcoin millionares today. Thats because of the way he did things, and way he scammed everyone but crooks so far. Difficulty should be way easy but then gpu's got in there and now difficulty is 
Network Info
Difficulty   40,050.18519555
Est Next Difficulty   43,363.83754276 (Change in 1 Blocks)
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
maxcoin wallet with lost passfraze, god im an idiot, to anyone who wants to try get my coins ill give you half, i have 25 MAX on there

You'll get twice the hashrate that you will with CGminer, or mining any coin using any OpenCL based miner.  Apparently this is because Nvidia cards don't handle integer maths in OpenCL as efficiently as AMD cards, which is why they benefit from using a miner coded for CUDA.  The latest Cudaminer has been patched for the keccak protocol and the latest update to Stratum
Activity: 296

Jump to: