Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 234. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 131
Merit: 100
So I'm done with testing, everything looks good, already had the first DDoS Attacks survived.

Stratum
Vardiff
Currently 0 % Fee !
Proportional Payouts as soon as the Blocks are confirmed

https://max.suprnova.cc

Limited Useraccounts possible, I'll add another stratum node when this one reaches capacity.

Please make sure to use the right miners ! You need the keccak algo !

Is it already down?

LOL, yep, it's down.

FAIL.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Is it possible to set up cgminer for failover support?

When I create a .conf file all i get are HW errors. When I try the .bat it never works. Thoughts?

Code:
cgminer.exe --keccak --no-submit-stale -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u ma4uR1HJpGZy3jZwTWn2Q5ivA7zS31ZuEC -p x -I 12 -g 1 -w 256

--failover-only -o moria.dwarfpool.com:3339 -u mVg8mxPSKMdgwxHGfSKQVpaFsoxgZojD6e -p x
--failover-only -o stratum+tcp://max.smalltimeminer.com -u Omega0255.1 -p x
Activity: 182
Activity: 616
Merit: 300
Just as any other coin.. MaxCoin is the generic Pump&Dump to what all other coins are.
What's the new bit that makes MaxCoin the true unique coin that causes it to keep it's value or rise in value?

It seems it's just another clone, no new unique bits about it that make it stand out to the crowd and makes them say: we want it.

So buying suckers: do buy... I'll keep making them and selling them as long as they pay for the electricity bill Tongue

well your actually wrong,

maxcoin is the only coin that has implemented the new function that enables them to change the algro every number of certain blocks if they wish, this allows for future algro upgrades without having to fork the coin.

also it gives the option be be asic resiliant as they can just change the algro rendering asics made for maxcoin usless
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
So I'm done with testing, everything looks good, already had the first DDoS Attacks survived.

Stratum
Vardiff
Currently 0 % Fee !

Limited Useraccounts possible, I'll add another stratum node when this one reaches capacity.

Is it already down?

Nope, running fine here Smiley

Stratum
Vardiff
Currently 0 % Fee !

Is it already down?

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

Stratum
Vardiff
Currently 0 % Fee !

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Just as any other coin.. MaxCoin is the generic Pump&Dump to what all other coins are.
What's the new bit that makes MaxCoin the true unique coin that causes it to keep it's value or rise in value?

It seems it's just another clone, no new unique bits about it that make it stand out to the crowd and makes them say: we want it.

So buying suckers: do buy... I'll keep making them and selling them as long as they pay for the electricity bill Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Can you see if the options screen opens for you? Does nothing on mine... the one where you edit proxy etc.
Theres more I changed the source so that it builds with qt 5.2.. there are about 10 to 12 code changes for that.

no it crashes for options  Undecided

the whole wallet is full of bugs and I am not the dev so am not going to fix these issues best of luck to anyone that does  Wink
please help ... overnight my maxcoin wallet address have changed and today I have send some coins to "old" address .. I don't understand how it could change and is it possible to fix it somehow.  Huh Thanks

if you have old wallet.dat file you can otherwise you can't...
Activity: 4
please help ... overnight my maxcoin wallet address have changed and today I have send some coins to "old" address .. I don't understand how it could change and is it possible to fix it somehow.  Huh Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
Wow, the price dropped from £20 to £6 on Bittylicious. How low can they go? lol
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
P2P The Planet!
WATCH MY MAXCOIN PROMOTION VIDEO!!

legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
The windows max qt build is missing a few bits in the build files

1. go into the cryptocpp folder and mingw-make -f GNUmakefile
2. go back up into root folder and edit maxcoin-qt.pro add  and uncomment these change any paths to match your build system!

L21-L31

Code:
BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54
BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\boost_1_54_0
BOOST_LIB_PATH=C:\deps\boost_1_54_0\stage\lib
BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\db-4.8.30.NC\build_unix
BDB_LIB_PATH=C:\deps\db-4.8.30.NC\build_unix
OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\openssl-1.0.1e\include
OPENSSL_LIB_PATH=C:\deps\openssl-1.0.1e
MINIUPNPC_LIB_SUFFIX=-miniupnpc
MINIUPNPC_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\miniupnpc
MINIUPNPC_LIB_PATH=C:\deps\miniupnpc
CRYPTO_LIB_PATH=C:\MaxCoin-master\src\cryptopp

on L425 add $$join(CRYPTO_LIB_PATH,,-L,) to the end of the line

Code:
LIBS += $$join(BOOST_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(BDB_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(OPENSSL_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(QRENCODE_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(CRYPTO_LIB_PATH,,-L,)

3. the qt should now build like normal

also with the daemon I added added the library folder to build file makefile.mingw

Code:
INCLUDEPATHS= \
 -I"$(CURDIR)" \
 -I"$(DEPSDIR)/include" \
 -I"C:/MaxCoin-master/src/cryptopp" \
 -I"c:/deps/boost_1_54_0" \
 -I"c:/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix" \
 -I"c:/deps/miniupnpc" \
 -I"c:/deps/openssl-1.0.1e/include"

LIBPATHS= \
 -L"$(CURDIR)/leveldb" \
 -L"C:/MaxCoin-master/src/cryptopp" \
 -L"$(DEPSDIR)/lib" \
 -L"c:/deps/boost_1_54_0/stage/lib" \
 -L"c:/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix" \
 -L"c:/deps/miniupnpc" \
 -L"c:/deps/openssl-1.0.1e"

LIBS= \
 -l leveldb \
 -l cryptopp \
 -l memenv \
 -l boost_system$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l boost_filesystem$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l boost_program_options$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l boost_thread$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l boost_chrono$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l db_cxx \
 -l ssl \
 -l crypto

hope that helps a few people   Cool

Keccak is still a bad hashing algo choice for mining and does not beat Blake-256 on efficiency/hashrate   Roll Eyes

please consider checking out Blakecoin it uses the faster more efficient Blake-256 algo and most of the software is done  Cheesy  

Can you see if the options screen opens for you? Does nothing on mine... the one where you edit proxy etc.
Theres more I changed the source so that it builds with qt 5.2.. there are about 10 to 12 code changes for that.
Activity: 126
ok, I NEED to fix this NOW.

On 1gh, it says I have 200MH/s
but my cgminer reports 800-900MH/s

The difficulty is low, it's 15.

Please help me.
It does say "VERY INACCURATE"... This doens't affect your miner or your reward.
And the difficulty is 34k...

I only get 0,02% of shares.
The pool is 400 000 Mhash,
0,02% is 80 Mhash.

But I have 900 Mhash,
something is wrong.
Activity: 78

Please help me.
I have same problem, I have another problem, cgminer crashes on Windows 7 64bit, keep refreshing at your profile on 1gh it will refresh your hashrate anf hopefuly higher as shows on your cgminer !
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

guess there will never be a QT wallet, so all the noobys follow Max has to go to coins-e and buy it, at who know which is right bid and ask price. Grin
I have been using the maxcoin-qt wallet from the official repository since yesterday, it still amazes me how thick most of the people posting in this thread seem to be. They sure know how to complain, but don't know how to read and find stuff that's placed in plain view.

The other MaxCoin threads here don't seem to be as bad, just this one seems to be full of people that don't read.

I did the official win qt build i dont know how many times I posted but ppl are asking same thing over and over! Even some versions floating around are crashing for people I told them to use official one too.
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
The windows max qt build is missing a few bits in the build files

1. go into the cryptocpp folder and mingw-make -f GNUmakefile
2. go back up into root folder and edit maxcoin-qt.pro add  and uncomment these change any paths to match your build system!

L21-L31

Code:
BOOST_LIB_SUFFIX=-mgw46-mt-sd-1_54
BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\boost_1_54_0
BOOST_LIB_PATH=C:\deps\boost_1_54_0\stage\lib
BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\db-4.8.30.NC\build_unix
BDB_LIB_PATH=C:\deps\db-4.8.30.NC\build_unix
OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\openssl-1.0.1e\include
OPENSSL_LIB_PATH=C:\deps\openssl-1.0.1e
MINIUPNPC_LIB_SUFFIX=-miniupnpc
MINIUPNPC_INCLUDE_PATH=C:\deps\miniupnpc
MINIUPNPC_LIB_PATH=C:\deps\miniupnpc
CRYPTO_LIB_PATH=C:\MaxCoin-master\src\cryptopp

on L425 add $$join(CRYPTO_LIB_PATH,,-L,) to the end of the line

Code:
LIBS += $$join(BOOST_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(BDB_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(OPENSSL_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(QRENCODE_LIB_PATH,,-L,) $$join(CRYPTO_LIB_PATH,,-L,)

3. the qt should now build like normal

also with the daemon I added added the library folder to build file makefile.mingw

Code:
INCLUDEPATHS= \
 -I"$(CURDIR)" \
 -I"$(DEPSDIR)/include" \
 -I"C:/MaxCoin-master/src/cryptopp" \
 -I"c:/deps/boost_1_54_0" \
 -I"c:/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix" \
 -I"c:/deps/miniupnpc" \
 -I"c:/deps/openssl-1.0.1e/include"

LIBPATHS= \
 -L"$(CURDIR)/leveldb" \
 -L"C:/MaxCoin-master/src/cryptopp" \
 -L"$(DEPSDIR)/lib" \
 -L"c:/deps/boost_1_54_0/stage/lib" \
 -L"c:/deps/db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix" \
 -L"c:/deps/miniupnpc" \
 -L"c:/deps/openssl-1.0.1e"

LIBS= \
 -l leveldb \
 -l cryptopp \
 -l memenv \
 -l boost_system$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l boost_filesystem$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l boost_program_options$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l boost_thread$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l boost_chrono$(BOOST_SUFFIX) \
 -l db_cxx \
 -l ssl \
 -l crypto

hope that helps a few people   Cool

Keccak is still a bad hashing algo choice for mining and does not beat Blake-256 on efficiency/hashrate   Roll Eyes

please consider checking out Blakecoin it uses the faster more efficient Blake-256 algo and most of the software is done  Cheesy  

Note: I am not the dev for Maxcoin so will not be supporting any files or problems people have with this wallet!!

here is my pre-compiled version(with bug in options): http://www.multiupload.nl/DI2F6Q3VTA
Activity: 112

Please help me.
It does say "VERY INACCURATE"... This doens't affect your miner or your reward.
And the difficulty is 34k...
Activity: 30
fuckin shitcoin i will never buy a single one
This coin is a total failure:

• developers never heard about testnet, and launched coin in real net
  • released untested binaries, that simply don't run, because developers haven't ever heard about static linking
  • they don't know how to make releases using github release system, and just push zipped binaries
  • they don't know how to prepare source code for compilation, and then push unprepared code to repository (figuring out how to compile that code took me about 15-30 minutes, and I'm one of those "skilled nerds")
  • think about all other people who wanted to participate in launch, and don't know how to compile code
  • official pool "max.rocketpool.co.uk" is stealing maxcoins http://www.reddit.com/r/maxcoinproject/comments/1xcfu2/maxrocketpoolcouk_are_currently_thieves/
  • the only pool that really worked (for me at least) was max.1gh.com until it was DDoSed to oblivion, and official twitter response: https://twitter.com/maxcoinproject/status/431571916764483585  - that it is a scam. You call that a good communitation between developers upon launch??
  • how hard would it be for maxcoin to reach out for people who wish to cooperate before launch. But no - it is better to find out live, who is interested in creating pools.
  • majority of miners are botnet owners right now, I don't want to see the crash when they decide to cash out. I will not be here anyway.

I'm out. If I ever see any article about maxcoin in any major outlet, my response will be exactly what they deserved.

You can quote this whole post on every new page in this thread, and give an address. I will send you 1 MAX to first person on every new page that quotes this. But what's the point, these MAX are worthless anyway. I have about 50 MAX to spend on that.

EDIT: I don't attribute to malice that which can be equally well explained by stupidity. But effect is the same: maxcoin is a failure due to incompetence, not due to malice.

Please send me one more of these MAX coins Smiley

mT1ooPfyroiVbugMensbpUJJhqbddB1sQQ
Jump to: