Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 287. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Yeah I got it going in linux too - the only struggle was with the qt wallet which I would dearly love to have, but is just a fail.

The secret on my Linux to getting the qt wallet to not crash, was to follow the instructions in the build-cryptopp.md file which was included with the February 6 version of clients-master from the official github site.  Here it is in full, with double-spacing taken out:

Building Crypto++ on Linux
==========================
Install the dependencies
$ sudo apt-get install unzip

Set up the development folder by downloading the Crypto++ 5.6.2 source
$ mkdir cryptopp
$ cd cryptopp
$ wget http://www.cryptopp.com/cryptopp562.zip
$ unzip -a cryptopp562.zip

Uncomment the line "CXXFLAGS += -fPIC", by removing the preceeding #, inside GNUmakefile and build the library
$ make static dynamic test

Install it on your system
$ sudo make install

Troubleshooting:
----------------
If you have issues with an "Illegal instruction" error, as we experienced on one test machine, modify GNUmakefile and set the line "CXXFLAGS += -march=native" to "CXXFLAGS += "

___

Worked for me.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
keep trying to put a wallet address into rocketpool, keep getting "we sent you an email" message, email never turns up.
Does rocketpool actually take new sign ups ?
Activity: 205
RELAUNCH THIS COIN PROPERLY OR GO TO SHIT

will never not be RELAUNCH, forget!
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
price dropping hard on mcxnow 0.0062 now and dropping

That shit worth less than any coin available, so overrated
Activity: 13
When putting the conf file into the Maxcoin folder - is it really essential to give it read-only permissions ?
I've done everything I'm told to do and it just asks to set the password when I run maxcoind.

Make sure the file extension .txt is not at the end of the file name maxcoin.conf

You have to allow known file extensions to be seen to change it via explorer or do it via the cmd line.
Activity: 56
price dropping hard on mcxnow 0.0062 now and dropping
Activity: 448
It's quite amusing to stare at mcxnow and watch the price of MAX drop...
...So, just to check the basics
- notepad file
- saved as maxcoin.conf
- placed into \roaming\Maxcoin
- open command terminal
- drag maxcoind into terminal hit enter
- get error

Sorry, can't help you, I'm a penguin.  In Linux, maxcoin.conf gets placed in ~/.maxcoin where ~ is your user home folder.  maxcoind can be started from anywhere in Linux, but ~/.maxcoin is the subdir it looks for maxcoin.conf in.

Starting about 15 minutes ago, rocketpool was back up, for about 3 minutes.  I scored one yay.  Using the new minerd (cpuminer) from the official
https://github.com/Max-Coin/clients/tree/master/Maxcoin-linux32
repository. 

Yeah I got it going in linux too - the only struggle was with the qt wallet which I would dearly love to have, but is just a fail.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
RELAUNCH THIS COIN PROPERLY OR GO TO SHIT
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
How are some people still connecting to YPool?  I've tried every port

:8080 working for me on 2 rigs.  one with 4x 280's and another single 7950.  totaling about 830MH/s

I'm currently pulling 1.2 GH/s with 7 Sapphire HD 7970's
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513

:8080 working for me on 2 rigs.  one with 4x 280's and another single 7950.  totaling about 830MH/s

-d command work for you?
Activity: 2
Dear god can someone explain how to use Device 01 with rOpenCLMAX

This doesnt work -> rOpenCLMAX.exe -o ypool.net -u Spungey.pass -p pass -d 0,1,2,3
Nor this ->             rOpenCLMAX.exe -o ypool.net -u Spungey.pass -p pass -d 0,1
Nor this ->             rOpenCLMAX.exe -o ypool.net -u Spungey.pass -p pass -d 1

No permutation involving the "-d" flag will work whatsoever. I just want to use my 2nd GPU i dont give  a fuck about the 1st one.
I know the developer specifically said the -d flag doesnt work and he has the code for multi gpus so how are you guys doing it.
Activity: 28

you are lucky.  none of the ports are working for me for longer than a few seconds at a time.  There is still 220+ GH/s on ypool, so I know it's not everyone having this problem
Activity: 280

mR62Dd9qLq45PACp6hf2Av8bhhaFoaTLUz
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

Activity: 42
...So, just to check the basics
- notepad file
- saved as maxcoin.conf
- placed into \roaming\Maxcoin
- open command terminal
- drag maxcoind into terminal hit enter
- get error

Sorry, can't help you, I'm a penguin.  In Linux, maxcoin.conf gets placed in ~/.maxcoin where ~ is your user home folder.  maxcoind can be started from anywhere in Linux, but ~/.maxcoin is the subdir it looks for maxcoin.conf in.

Starting about 15 minutes ago, rocketpool was back up, for about 3 minutes.  I scored one yay.  Using the new minerd (cpuminer) from the official
https://github.com/Max-Coin/clients/tree/master/Maxcoin-linux32
repository. 
Activity: 205
Activity: 28
HOW ARE PEOPLE CONNECTING TO YPOOL DURING THIS DDOS?
where the fuck do i download the wallet?HuhHuh?

not from official site because it keeps telling me i need to download gifthub while i already have and installed also.

It's easy from github, just get the zip file with the clients in.
Activity: 1
that qt wallet linked is fake, wait for the official they announced its being worked on couple of hours ago
Jump to: