Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 298. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10
If you can't do something smart,do something right

Yeah bro, but then I'm getting this message:

Error: blob is too big

Do you have the dmg? Would you mind uploading it?

Here you are; MaxCoin-QT.dmg from github archive:
https://mega.co.nz/#!uAFkGYAL!oNEbS3GHRxVwTHSpTU8BjsBv4-lU_0HeGnccSmQ1A1k

Doses anyone know weather I lost my MaxCoins, when a generated new wallet address by "maxcoind getnewaddress", without the "account01" part and sent them there? The address doesnt show up by typing "listaddressgroupings".

Thanks for help and be warned in case this is permanent!
Activity: 78
Anyone can help me, how to start mining on pool, 1gh.com, do I need to change anything on config file, I am able to solo mine but I want to give a try in pool, i tryed this
maxcoind -a keccak -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mUFQGtjrLVstGcuVanbkrdQg2xiVFf4pqV -p x
I got error "Error couldnt connect to server"

I use cpu miner released from Github from maxcoin !

Use ypool a lot easier
Ok I tryed ypool, and created a worker and tested it out, and same error
"Error; couldnt connect to server"

I used this cmd
maxcoind -o http://ypool.net -u Zyklon.MAX_1 -p 1 -t 4
Activity: 70
Has anyone here used coins-e to trade max?  Iv been on there for 2 hours and its like..well..  Nothing works.  Is the whole site fucked or being attacked or something? 
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Anyone can help me, how to start mining on pool, 1gh.com, do I need to change anything on config file, I am able to solo mine but I want to give a try in pool, i tryed this
maxcoind -a keccak -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mUFQGtjrLVstGcuVanbkrdQg2xiVFf4pqV -p x

download and enjoy http://maxdl.1gh.com/cpuminer-win64.zip?nocache=0.419786533806473
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Go here and Dl the Win 64 fixed software; http://max.1gh.com/

No idea what's up with the Osx QT

Activity: 84
Guys, how do I send coins from this shitty wallet?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Use ypool a lot easier
Activity: 78

Activity: 61
Is there a command you can use with maxcoind to display blocks you've found that aren't confirmed yet ?  When you first find a block if you're solo-mining, it won't show in your balance with 'maxcoind.exe getbalance'  I was wondering if there was a way to display the unconfirmed balance ?

Thanks
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

How to be the first to mine MaxCoin in a pool?
  • Register at our pool, verify your email address
  • Create workers
  • Download the maxcoin cgminer here
  • Configure your cminger and remember to insert the option --keccak
  • Set this pool as main pool, and set your miner as "failover only",   When stratum for maxcoin is released you will mine in the pool instantly!

Join our profesional mining pool at:
http://max.altcoinpool.org/
100% uptime
Amazon EC2 scaleable Secured Server

Activity: 182
Well some folks are just better at writing than at reading. No offense Wink

Look, I did not expect to have to do compiling first in order to start mining.  

The devs evidently are using the very latest Ubuntu, custom-modified with cryptopp-5.6.2 (the very newest).  Show me where the need to update to cryptopp-5.6.2 was anywhere announced pre-launch.

There was no way in hell that any Linux user could have started alongside everybody else, because every Linux user had to hunt through the readme's in the github source code, to find out what the stopper was, what we had to compile first in order to join the mining party.

And even then, even with the right version of libcryptopp, pool mining was not possible until 1gh independently and heroically released a fixed version of minerd.

The devs should have released versions of the maxcoind and maxcoin-qt and minerd binaries with libcryptopp.so.6.0.0 static-compiled in.

That they did not, shows either malice aforethought or abysmal lack of experience in Linux development.  It's got to be one or the other.

And where is the promised change-of-algorithm which will thwart GPU-mining?  Here I've been pool-mining for about 14 hours now on two quad-core machines, and have a whopping 1.3 MAX to show for it.  Big whoop-de-doo.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing

The devs evidently are using the very latest Ubuntu, custom-modified with cryptopp-5.6.2 (the very newest).  Show me where the need to update to cryptopp-5.6.2 was anywhere announced pre-launch.

There was no way in hell that any Linux user could have started alongside everybody else, because every Linux user had to hunt through the readme's in the github source code, to find out what the stopper was, what we had to compile first in order to join the mining party.

And even then, even with the right version of libcryptopp, pool mining was not possible until 1gh independently and heroically released a fixed version of minerd.

The devs should have released versions of the maxcoind and maxcoin-qt and minerd binaries with libcryptopp.so.6.0.0 static-compiled in.

That they did not, shows either malice aforethought or abysmal lack of experience in Linux development.  It's got to be one or the other.

And where is the promised change-of-algorithm which will thwart GPU-mining?  Here I've been pool-mining for about 14 hours now on two quad-core machines, and have a whopping 1.3 MAX to show for it.  Big whoop-de-doo.

I didn't know that. I just assumed the linux guys raped this coin at the start. I guess it was all those mac users with their working mac wallets. Well, now that is a change isn't it? Normally the Mac guys have to wait for a client or simply never get one.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
This is some extreme level of scam. Now we have to buy miners to be able mine the elite crypto currency of Max Keiser Cheesy

This whole coin is up in the moon on a scale of shit to bullshit. Coins sucks ass, wallet sucks ass, coined-e has always sucked ass.. pretty much speechless atm. Also people who arent releasing the working AMD miner suck ass (would keep it to myself too)

tl;dr sucks ass
Activity: 28
http://i1330.photobucket.com/albums/w579/Dukester797/80b6f9ca-d075-45bd-bb06-7297cd06b236_zps0c1bde22.png

Can someone help with this?  I haven't gotten a response from anyone I offered BTC to
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
This is some extreme level of scam. Now we have to buy miners to be able to mine the elite crypto currency of Max Keiser Cheesy

Developers who are not associated with Maxcoin have created optimized cpu and working gpu miners. They should be compensated for their work.

Activity: 42

Activity: 182
So how come nobody else has made a GPU miner but ypool - if this world is so full of genius coders ?
Activity: 187
Can YOU make a GPU miner? Yours doesn't work.

It's working for some people.

It works so shut up.

Fix it so that it uses all GPUs and not just device 0. Post your address and ask for donations. I will send you coins and so will many others.

I was holding it up for this and some other reasons. Anyway I gave out the fixed version to some people I know, I will release it after a few hours

Thank you archit.
Be sure to post some donation addresses.
Can't wait to test this out on my rigs. Smiley

Selling the fixed version for .1 BTC Right now, only selling 10 downloads!!!!

just sent you a pm.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 513
Did the CPU miner ever actually work for anyone? I've left it running with 16 cores since launch and my balance is still zero.  If I'm having these results how are there coins available to list on mcxnow?

The official CPU miner doesn't work with Stratum pools, only works if you're solo-mining. But with difficulty exploding, you're not going to get any blocks solo-mining easily.

1GH fixed it and now has it on their github - this works for their pool.

https://github.com/1gh/cpuminer

how can i compile on linux? is there a guide?
Jump to: