Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 493. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Help and Love one another ♥
Wish: delay the lunch and offer a testnet first
very usefull for people who never mined before
(not that I will be able to mine anything with my crappy hardware..)
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I have a 30Gh/s Butterfly Labs ASIC I reprogrammed to mine ONLY MaxCoin, at full 30GH/s (more if you pour a cup of tea in it every now and then).
For only 1btc you can have it, my wife, my dog, and 10000doge Tongue

im interested, can you pm me a pic of your wife. cheers.
there is a gpu miner or what?

From Page 1...

Q: So is it CPU only? Will I be able to use my Butterfly Labs ASIC when it arrives (... any day now...)?
A: Using Keccak as a hashing function renders current Bitcoin ASICs and the upcoming Scrypt ASICs useless on the coin. GPU parallelization of Keccak is possible but currently does not exist for mining with our implementation of SHA-3.

So NO.... not yet anyway since the Keccak is a hashing function nobody has developed a GPU miner for (yet).

It is of course possible.

There is a Keccak version of cgminer, but it is not producing any shares on maxcoinmine.com for me.

the current keccak cgminer wont work because the devs have adapted the code, once the wallet is released and if they allow gpu only then can someone reconfigure the miner to mine max coin.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
There is a Keccak version of cgminer, but it is not producing any shares on maxcoinmine.com for me.

That's nice but does that use the CPU or the GPU ?

I understood that cgminer could be configured many ways and not just for a GPU setup.

It's the Keccak version, my GPU's are finding blocks on another Keccak coin release. Not working on the testnet release apparently.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
My advice for you is to delay launch (if you have to ) and get out a solid GPU miner , here is the rational reason why:

- You have focused on a fair lunch .

- a single Hash would have been ported to GPU as soon as you announced it.

- So to release now without GPU kind of gives the start to Robots and the Guys that made the GPU miner.

You would agree that's probably not a huge base.

At least with a miner you know its going to GPU holders , the veterans of Cryptostreet.

You have to play to your base.

: D

I agree with this completely.
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
I have a 30Gh/s Butterfly Labs ASIC I reprogrammed to mine ONLY MaxCoin, at full 30GH/s (more if you pour a cup of tea in it every now and then).

Can we get pics of the wife and the dog ?

Also is the BFL 30Gh on preorder ?

If so we'd need to see paperwork.  
Activity: 441
Merit: 250
people.
dont be fooled.
just send  0.01 BTC to:
18U6UVBHffeyMSKKTQ6wbacnwM6sMJWUxx

I won't scam you. I swear!

I can't scam you, cause I didn't offer you anything. You're just sending me a free 0.01btc because you, yes YOU are awesome. Go get 'em tiger!

MAXCOIN FTW!

To hell with GPU miner. CPU all the way.
I will be hashing with 3 rigs 5,3 gh/s @ start.

it wont work i'll be getting more coins with my cpu, yeh bbboyy!  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

From Page 1...

Q: So is it CPU only? Will I be able to use my Butterfly Labs ASIC when it arrives (... any day now...)?
A: Using Keccak as a hashing function renders current Bitcoin ASICs and the upcoming Scrypt ASICs useless on the coin. GPU parallelization of Keccak is possible but currently does not exist for mining with our implementation of SHA-3.

So NO.... not yet anyway since the Keccak is a hashing function nobody has developed a GPU miner for (yet).

There is pure scrypt, cracked ~40 blocks there.
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
My advice for you is to delay launch (if you have to ) and get out a solid GPU miner , here is the rational reason why:

- You have focused on a fair lunch .

- a single Hash would have been ported to GPU as soon as you announced it.

- So to release now without GPU kind of gives the start to Robots and the Guys that made the GPU miner.

You would agree that's probably not a huge base.

At least with a miner you know its going to GPU holders , the veterans of Cryptostreet.

You have to play to your base.

: D
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
thimo the dev
I will be hashing with 3 rigs 5,3 gh/s @ start.
Are you the guy with the 15 8096 Core 18GHz cpus?
Activity: 173

That's nice but does that use the CPU or the GPU ?

I understood that cgminer could be configured many ways and not just for a GPU setup.
Activity: 238
Activity: 874
ugh scrypt? really??
legendary

From Page 1...

Activity: 173

From Page 1...

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Everyone who send 0.1 btc on this adress 1AnKbVNfy433KFEsM3F8NaomZXRRiUGnDK will get in pm download link for gpu miner (only amd cards for now).
When u send 0.1 btc pm me with your tx id and forum name.

Wow you already have 1.8 BTC! Congrats!
Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

Still don't know.  May likely be custom if so and not sure if will work with all cards even yet. 

This close to launch and everyone is still waiting for any detail at all, little annoying, and may make for some "scam" words being thrown around on this coin if not very soon.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
legendary
If you want to keep Maxcoin a CPU-Only coin, be sure to vote against their releasing a GPU-miner:

Yea, you and all the botnet ops are voting it down.
Jump to: