Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 504. (Read 914218 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
How do I connect to the maxcoin IRC channel?

Open any IRC client and then create a nickname and connect to irc.freenode.net and then type /join #maxcoin

There is a webclient you can use here:
https://poolers.org/irc-freenode.html

Just change the channel name to #maxcoin and enter any nickname.
Activity: 532

Google freenode, click on webchat and then enter the info, chat server being #maxcoin.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
Give a man a fish....
Activity: 327
Merit: 250
JustabitofTime - Co-Founder of CoinTropolis
trying to set up cpu to get ready to mine MAXCOIN in a pool at https://max.poolers.org/index.php

but im stuck on which miner file to down load for windows at http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

please help??

There's still unanswered questions we need from the devs first.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
How long till launch now in hours/mins?
Activity: 48
trying to set up cpu to get ready to mine MAXCOIN in a pool at https://max.poolers.org/index.php

but im stuck on which miner file to down load for windows8 at http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/

please help??
Activity: 28
Why the official site is down?
So is this not gpu compatible? I've signed up on max.poolers.org and got the impression that it is. If not, what cpu miner should I use and how do I set it up?

Any help is appreciated Smiley

We are waiting on more info from the devs.  It is being figured out.  Once there is more information the getting started info on the pool website may or may not be changed.

What miner are people planning to use for now? Minerd? Is there example batch file somewhere?

That is one of the things being figured out. It might require a modified miner.  Join IRC  #maxcoin if you want to see what is being talked about. 

How do I do that? Sorry haha
So is this not gpu compatible? I've signed up on max.poolers.org and got the impression that it is. If not, what cpu miner should I use and how do I set it up?

We are waiting on more info from the devs.  It is being figured out.  Once there is more information the getting started info on the pool website may or may not be changed.

What miner are people planning to use for now? Minerd? Is there example batch file somewhere?

That is one of the things being figured out. It might require a modified miner.  Join IRC  #maxcoin if you want to see what is being talked about. 

There are SHA-3 GPU miners out there.

Yes, the claim is their implementation won't be compatible.

Yes, for 20 minutes.

Yup, and that's when it'll get interesting.

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

Yes, for 20 minutes.
Activity: 35
So I'm a newbie miner. Anything I can do to prep myself before this coin is released? I have Mac OS X. Thank you!

Twitter has been dark for about 24 hours. It would be nice to get some configuration information ahead of time.  With the onslaught of new people trying mining for the first time, we should have time to write up tutorials.
Jump to: