Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 537. (Read 914105 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 100
🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟
If Max will be speaking about Maxcoin on his shows, price will go up. Seems to be good investment even as pump and dump.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Crypto Somnium
Cant see it on Coins-E  Sad
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
is it cpu or gpu? or both of them which one mining method is better for this.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
So what's best? Starting with solo mine or starting to join a pool?

Depends on your hashrate and the pool hashrate.

I can get 8.2 ghz from cpus in total. So ?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Someone make a new MaxCoin.. not making it scrypt is just plain stupid. This coin is for botnets and asic farms.. nothing else. Move on.

I think the dev team should address this concern as well as it does make sense.
Botnet operators who have thousands of comprimised CPUs under their control will have the obvious benefit of being able to mine a huge amount of coins for free.

This coin is junk, there is a developer creating a new maxcoin as we speak.. fuck this one. Im out.
Activity: 57
Someone make a new MaxCoin.. not making it scrypt is just plain stupid. This coin is for botnets and asic farms.. nothing else. Move on.

I think the dev team should address this concern as well as it does make sense.
Botnet operators who have thousands of comprimised CPUs under their control will have the obvious benefit of being able to mine a huge amount of coins for free.
Activity: 112
How about botnet protection? CPU mining is out of the question as long as there are no way of stopping this.
Activity: 595
interested, maybe new doge, If marketed right way.
Q: Can put up a list of known Linux issues getting this to run, dependencies etc.?   Huh

+1  I would also like to know what dependencies need to be installed.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Yet another coin. Haha
Activity: 98

Could you elaborate? It would be nice to get some examples and a comparison with explanation.

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Activity: 868
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
Good job R U kiddin?
Said that - No GPU miner (but it is exist for Larks/Ecoins..)
Don't clear future...
Just something which tastes not good for me.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
Excellent coin, very good job guys. I can't wait for this.

Just a suggestion, i know you're busy with the feature set, but i'd like to suggest a "built in" solo & pool miner into the wallet, since maxcoin aims to be user friendly i think this is a great feature for the masses who don't know how to setup cpuminer. MemoryCoin wallet is a good example of newbie friendly mining.
legendary
Activity: 1148
yet another junk coin what's the point in all this madness why not support a coin that already exists

unless he is just going to pump and dump it

because its a new algo to try and break away from the current scrypt clone coins, once the asic's come out , those that have invested in gpu's have giant power hungry paper weights, and the average joe wont make any coin.. only the people who buy asic's in bulk, run the diff to the max will make coin.

I for one ... say fuck you , to anyone that buys an asic scrypt miner.. and I welcome a new algo coin... tho just being CPU, I am concerned about bot farms whoring all the coin at first.

Only mafia people with huge botnets will make profit from maxcoins...
Activity: 882
If a coin with the exact same specs but a different name would have been released today by a new dev same people who cheer now would rip it a new one. I ges Max is a religion now. I owe him big for bringing me into crypto but, meehhh
Activity: 644
This is stupid. SHA 3 has no advantages over Sha 2.  SHA 3 can be implemented even easier (with faster hash rate) in hardware.
Activity: 490
thimo the dev
Oh and 30 second block time... really? It will be a fucking orphanage up in here.
Jump to: