Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 533. (Read 914105 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Shitcoin Maximalist
So the Genesis Block was never actually created on the show...

Read the OP, this point is addressed.

TL;DR (and you clearly didn't) - this is normal when mining the genesis block.
Activity: 171
lol look at all the miners with asic or gpu rigs hating on this coin cos they can't have the same total advantage they usually have with other copycats.
when there's a new scrypt or sh256 copycat coin they are always happy, as long asthey can get the lionshare of them, but now suddenly they act concerned about innovation.
but yet when there are  coins with real innovation (like NXT or ethereum)  they attack them cos they are more investor games than miners games.
i personally don't believe in PoW coins (mining is just a wasteful enterprise imo) but I'll be mining this one cos somehow is more fair....although if it ever became popular i'm sure asic miners could be made for it (i think the only PoW immune to asic is prime mining like in XPM)
Activity: 359
Merit: 250
If Max will be speaking about Maxcoin on his shows, price will go up. Seems to be good investment even as pump and dump.

Didn`t Quark go down once Max started talking about it?

I dont think it was directly correlated. And his advices has been on the long term basis, just as on the Bitcoin.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
If Max will be speaking about Maxcoin on his shows, price will go up. Seems to be good investment even as pump and dump.

after he admitted he was payed to promote it yes

He admitted it? Where?

On twitter I think, not sure. CryptoCobain (Jordan Fish, one of Maxcoin dev) tweeted about it some weeks ago
also CryptoDirect clearly has some issues.. dude take your poison elsewhere please.

They have nothing to apologize for nor did they act like pricks on max show, lol..
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
This will be huge!

Im in and will be mining the first day!
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

He admitted it? Where?

Activity: 196
Activity: 708
Merit: 500
excellent, this pump will make bill shill's look like amateur hour  Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 505
Replying to this thread  Shocked
Activity: 505
Merit: 500
I'm seeing a  good oportunity , so I'll mine the shit out of my CPUs to the MAX 
Activity: 85

Can someone explain exactly how to mine this coin, i have a mac laptop.....

will gpu rigs not work for it in any way ....
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
"no premine bullshit" Huh

That's the reason the blockchain stands for.
If it is premined and is being premined right now, that will be visible in the public ledger.

I didn't mean that they secretly mine, I mean the assumption everybody makes that this gonna be fairly or more fair distributed then Quark because its "no premine", in this case its the opposite
Shitcoin Maximalist
8/10. Would mine.  Wink

HYPE!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
I don't want to start a war or something, But the only difference i see with Quark is:
Please note i'm not a pro in these stats, so if i'm wrong, correct me.

The difference:

Quark          vs        MaxCoin
CPU Mining       vs        CPU mining
6 encryption      vs       1 encryption
240 m              vs       250 m coins
30 secondes      vs       30 secondes
0,5% extra       vs       none?

Is it this coin just a striped of version of Quark or what?

James

Many Quark versions. Shows that it's features are much wanted.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

Activity: 359
Merit: 250
"no premine bullshit" Huh

That's the reason the blockchain stands for.
If it is premined and is being premined right now, that will be visible in the public ledger.

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Is there any other SHA-3 coin out there?

Yes Quark has implemented keccak SHA-3. Maxcoin is somehow a Quark clone. Both were backed by Keiser

Yes just less algos and worse distribution, this whole no premine bullshit really pisses me of the most. Don't you realise that all that pre-Release Hype will result in the most unfair release ever !!!
Man, I usually don't get that much engaged in stuff like that, but its frustrating.
max also mentioned war against doge and kitteh and the end of the show!

ok, well if its of mother f*cker then its on max! love the show by the way.  Wink
Jump to: