Author

Topic: [ANN][MAX] MAXcoin - PoW, ASIC Resistance, Keccak GPU Mining - page 535. (Read 914105 times)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm dying.
CAN'T BELIEVE!

I'm willing to promote the coin, NOW!

https://twitter.com/ThisWeeksCoin

I just saw Max posting on FB about the coin. I'll do it without charging ANYTHING!

yep gonna be cool as f*ck mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q684UxfDSU

you cant giveaway coins though cuz theirs no premine.  
I'll be giving BTC if necessary lol hahah
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Bitcoin > Dollar
ok, waiting for this
I'm dying.
yet another junk coin what's the point in all this madness why not support a coin that already exists

unless he is just going to pump and dump it
You don't get it. Junk or not, guess who's behind?

https://www.facebook.com/maxkeiser

Remember what happened with QRK, he mentioned it 2-3 times.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
CAN'T BELIEVE!

I just saw Max posting on FB about the coin. I'll do it without charging ANYTHING!

yep gonna be cool as f*ck mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q684UxfDSU

you cant giveaway coins though cuz theirs no premine.  
I'm dying.
CAN'T BELIEVE!

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator
I don't get it why people call it a "CPU coin"..
yes, it will be for like the first week.. until someone made a small change to cgminer Tongue
Plus, if it did take off, thinking long-term, it would be even easier to mine with asics than bitcoin. I don't usually criticise coins for implementation details, it's their choice. But they can't tell people this coin is something when it's exactly the opposite (not at all for the average Joe). This is a coin for the crooks that run botnets, in the short term. In the longer term, it's a coin for the crooks that maintain asic farms and dump asics on the average joe when they're on the verge of not being profitable anymore.
Activity: 154
when can we mine this?

Tl;dr - SHA-3 coin. Launches 7.30PM GMT on Wednesday 5th February 2014. More info to be seeded out via @MaxCoinProject. Not a fork of dogecoin.

yes, it will be for like the first week.. until someone made a small change to cgminer Tongue

hope it will be as simple as debug window, setgenerate true -1, coins please.  Cheesy
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
What about quark premine?

Quark was not premined.And early holders dumped huge amounts into the market for just the electricity cost. this won't happen this time because prices will be to high.
Activity: 636
when can we mine this?
Activity: 154
yes, it will be for like the first week.. until someone made a small change to cgminer and CPU coin miners go back to quark Tongue
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator
It should have been scrypt or scrypt jane with high N to start.

that would have been most fair.
I think we can have 2 max keiser coins

there is a scrypt one that was out first already

and now this sha3 one - that in reality will be a bit of a flop since only a few will mine it successfully.
I think they're in time to drop the sha3 crap. It's not like they're coding much on top of whatever coin they based this on. Two coins=2x fail, I guess :/

If this coin can avoid being controlled by botnets then this will be a coin which will allow everyday joe blogs mine and have input into.
lol, again on fantasyland, are we?
First off I am 45 so I do not believe that makes me a kid.
I wasn't calling you a kid. It's unsurprising that you're a 45 year old software developer, it fits.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
In all honesty I think the people moaning are those who have large GPU farms because they won't be able to get rich quick from it.

If it was script and became popular those with lots of cash and big gnu farms would get richer from it.

As its not gnu those with farms will not have anything to benefit and they be on level playing field with poorer people with only gpis. If this does get big then it will take away from those script coins that the gpu farmers are getting rich off.

Sounds similar doesn't it?  Why the banks hate crypto.  Its because bankers will lose control and so will the rich gnu miners loose control.

If this coin can avoid being controlled by botnets then this will be a coin which will allow everyday joe blogs mine and have input into.

Obviously you have no idea Sad

That's the point the average job blogs with his i3 will have 0 chance against compiled gpu miners and cheap vps nodes, amazon instances....

To be honest though there is yet to be a coin design that would help average joe bloggs get in on the action.

scrypt jane with very high N perhaps,

I don't want to start a war or something, But the only difference i see with Quark is:
Please note i'm not a pro in these stats, so if i'm wrong, correct me.

The difference:

Quark          vs        MaxCoin
CPU Mining       vs        CPU mining
6 encryption      vs       1 encryption
240 m              vs       250 m coins
30 secondes      vs       30 secondes
0,5% extra       vs       none?

Is it this coin just a striped of version of Quark or what?

James

exactly, after having Bill on 2 Months ago,  and for the reasons I posted above It won't be better distibuted either
God i detest people like you.  In it for you and no one else.

In fact thinking about it you sound like other people I can think of.  Bankers.  Biggest thieves ever and you have the audacity to call these devs crooks and scammers lol.
yeah, yeah, go cpu mine wiht your laptop at your lousy hippy commune and leave the rest of us alone. Kids, learn: anyone who doesn't mine maxcrapcoin is a bankster! oh noes...

First off I am 45 so I do not believe that makes me a kid.  I do not need to get rich from crypto coins as I earn all I need as a software engineer for last 27 years.  So unlike you I like to see positive things coming from crypto coins in the hope one day it might bring a financial institute which is less corrupt that the current one we have in most countries.

The problem here is you are only out to try and get rich.  Greed is what caused the bank system to go tits up and greed is what is causing people like to you only want certain coins that make YOU rich.  So yes I see you no different to a Wan….sorry Banker.
would be ideal if they released their own miner and a few pools of their own we could sign up to prior to launch, then at the launch all people would have to do is double click on miner.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195
I don't want to start a war or something, But the only difference i see with Quark is:
Please note i'm not a pro in these stats, so if i'm wrong, correct me.

The difference:

Quark          vs        MaxCoin
CPU Mining       vs        CPU mining
6 encryption      vs       1 encryption
240 m              vs       250 m coins
30 secondes      vs       30 secondes
0,5% extra       vs       none?

Is it this coin just a striped of version of Quark or what?

James

What about quark premine?
This will not be as well distributed as everybody thinks just because its "no premine". Because of the botnets we will still have large amounts hold by those adresses. But other than before with coins like doge or quark these large holders won't be able to dump huge amounts into the market, their will be no buyers for lets say 100000 Maxcoin at the start prices. So not only will their be large amounts in few adresses but also won't this be distributed by the market as fast as slower growing coins. All the media hype can't change that.
In all honesty I think the people moaning are those who have large GPU farms because they won't be able to get rich quick from it.

If it was script and became popular those with lots of cash and big gnu farms would get richer from it.

As its not gnu those with farms will not have anything to benefit and they be on level playing field with poorer people with only gpis. If this does get big then it will take away from those script coins that the gpu farmers are getting rich off.

Sounds similar doesn't it?  Why the banks hate crypto.  Its because bankers will lose control and so will the rich gnu miners loose control.

Activity: 181
Better don't say if you don't know!
Jump to: