Author

Topic: [ANN][MEOW] Kittehcoin launched ! Come get some MEOW now. U haz it! DOGE sad. - page 134. (Read 246075 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001
Founder - NavCoin Ⓝ
Before you go doing bonus rewards make sure it won't mess with sites like coinmarketcap.com

If I am remembering right there was at least one coin they couldn't list due to blocks like that.

Yeah - this is a discussion I want to have with the community to see:

• if it's a good idea to begin with
  • whether/how it'll wreck havoc on the network
  • what the optimal settings should be for the coin if jackpot rewards are introduced
  • how to mitigate potential problems
  • how to coordinate a client update with the network, especially solo miners.
  • how to best mod the kittehcoind client so that jackpot blocks don't wreak havoc on network difficulty, target blocks per day, etc.

I need all the feedback I can get about this proposed change, as thinking through the ramifications of a coin with random, decreasing rewards, yet with jackpots which are statistically grouped fairly tightly until they cease to be awarded is a bit of a mind-bender, and I have yet to make friends with someone here who understands the esoterics and ramifications of tweaking all these parameters enough to give me some intelligent, depthful feedback.

Of all the posts I've made on this thread, this is the one that I'm hoping I'll get some really well thought out responses to, and quickly. I'd like to either implement this ASAP or not at all... and if any of you know who I should be seeking out to speak to about these topics, PLZ let me know!

To give you an idea of what I'm proposing (from the readme in my dev branch):

KittehCoin Coin parameters:

30 second Block Targets, 1 Hour Diff Readjustments

Total of 100,000,000,000 coins.

Modified random reward system with a guaranteed minimum reward of 1,000 MEOW per block and a 0.000005% chance of mining a 'jackpot reward'. A 'jackpot reward' rewards the miner with a multiple of the amount of MEOW that was to be awarded in that target block range.

For example, if you mine a 'jackpot block' for block 50,000 and your reward was to be 78,235 you will receive 782,350 MEOW.

The chance of mining a 'jackpot block' is a flat 1 in 20,000 (0.00005%, roughly 10 jackpots per 200000 blocks, roughly 100 jackpots total - that's a max of 151.2M MEOW that could be awarded via jackpots until they cease to be awarded entirely - assuming the RNG awards the max possible reward every time a jackpot block is mined. In actuality the total will be less than that, as Lady Luck does not dole out that much of herself).

The 'jackpot reward' system was put in place to ensure that everyone, not just the super-early-adopters, stand a chance of receiving a large payout, whether solo mining or mining at a pool.

Jackpot Rewards system (what I am proposing adding):

Blocks              1 — 200,000:    10x  multiplier (max 1,000,000 MEOW)
Blocks    200,001 — 400,000:    20x  multiplier (max 1,000,000 MEOW)
Blocks    400,001 — 600,000:    40x  multiplier (max 1,000,000 MEOW)
Blocks    600,001 — 800,000:    80x  multiplier (max 1,000,000 MEOW)
Blocks    800,001 — 1,000,000: 160x multiplier (max 1,000,000 MEOW)
Blocks 1,000,001 — 1,200,000: 320x multiplier (max 1,000,000 MEOW)
Blocks 1,200,001 — 2,000,000: 640x multiplier (640,000 MEOW)

Jackpot Rewards cease to be awarded starting block 2,000,001

Standard MEOW Mining Rewards Table (this is what is in place now):

Blocks             1 —    200,000:   1,000 - 100,000 MEOW
Blocks   200,001 —    400,000:   1,000 -   50,000 MEOW
Blocks   400,001 —    600,000:   1,000 -   25,000 MEOW
Blocks   600,001 —    800,000:   1,000 -   12,500 MEOW
Blocks   800,001 — 1,000,000:   1,000 -     6,250 MEOW
Blocks 1,000,001 — 1,200,000:   1,000 -    3,125 MEOW
Blocks 1,200,001 — MAX_COINS:            1,000 MEOW

More coin marketcap will eventually devalue the coin more coins , less value per coin I think the current reward system is good enough.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Op when will you get off your ass and actually do something with this coin!!!!
Have been following this coin since start and It DOES NOT have potential if you think 20minutes/day is going to do it,and think that share-holders is going to do all the job!
don't launch a coin if you are not serious about it,and the stoner kitteh -serious? Spend $5 on fiverr and get a real logo, I can't show it to my kids or anyone really because -STONER kitten-wtf?
even the first logo which was horrible was better then this, I guess you just got 1-2entries in the logo design ''contest'' and didnt had anything else to put up?

If you don't know how to do those things/dont have time:
For 5mil Kittehs I can:
-design&host the website
-Make an actual forum for this
-Do even more giveaways/promotion then I already have
-make an Actual Logo which will look professional/fun/presentable not just plain stoner lame.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
WTS 1 mil Kittehcoins for btc if anyone is interested. PM with offers
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
agreed that the stoner kitteh should probably go   Cry

I also agree. The stoner kitty will harm adoption quite a bit and just doesn't look good.

It goes beyond being amusing.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Well hashrate and difficulty is increasing again.

Maybe he just has big plans and wants to mine up as much Kittehcoins as possible hehehehehee
Where is lonestar???

He was super active in the beginning.

Did his wife murder him?
Activity: 400
Merit: 268
When is the coin going to be on an exchanger? Now or never
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
When is the coin going to be on an exchanger? Now or never

probably somewhere between those 2. its up to the exchanges and public demand really. unless we start our own
Activity: 71
When inter this coin to exchanger?

yes. 

Cute young kitteh or even the "i can haz" cat would be better than stonercat :s
Activity: 24
OK, Cats are good, and so are Doges.

But never underestimate the power of THE CUTE LIKKLE KITTEH!

http://weheartit.com/entry/59909610

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/75/Cute_grey_kitten.jpg

So while Lonestar and willing helpers beaver away at the features...(coders read the OP carefully)

...people with branding experience should think about firmly linking KIT to the kitteh meme.

We're probably going to have to pack-in smoking the catnip on the client...

...and replace with the most adorable picture of HER when she was a little kitten.

(Best cartoon or picture posted here or on a special thread will get most KIT/mBTC and votes and fame)

The luckyminers kitten would be a start

Personally, I think the currency name probably should be KIT, rather than MEOW on the client.

(Edit:Or is it too late for that?)

Come on....

Everybody else is just greeeen
Have you seen the chart?
It's a hell of a start,
It could be made into a monster - if we all pull together as a team.
Activity: 15
Want to do a small test one? We can do it in Kitteh and some other coin like Doge.
Activity: 11
I'd be tempted in coding an exchange but... I really wouldn't trust my security skills with a wallet potentially containing 1000's of btc and if there's a bug, it could result in very expensive losses for people. That and I haven't a clue how to code the wallet interactions...

Alright. I have no idea how I'd do it. I'll wait to see what the dev does - he mentioned in his post setting up an exchange.

I'd highly recommend keeping it somewhat exclusive to a small set of valuable coins. The traffic on other exchanges is ridiculous. Just my 2 cents.

Anyway, I'll start looking into what I'd need to do to my server.
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
If the Dev doesn't do it, would the community be interested in an exchange?

+1
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Yes.
Activity: 84
https://dgb.luckyminers.com
WHAT KEEPS HAPPENING TO KITTEHCOINPOOL?!

Hi Kittehs!

I'm giving away 50x 1000 Kittehcoins for a contest.
You also have a chance for a block bounty by finding blocks at the pool!
+ you get coins for regular mining!

Rules:
1. Create an account and mine at http://meow.luckyminers.com (if you haven't already done so).
2. Mine for atleast six hours (your hashrate does not matter, everyone can join so it's fair).
3. Post your account name AND kittehcoin wallet address in this https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/meow-kittehcoin-contest-win-50x-1k-kittehcoins-sponsored-by-luckyminerscom-387447 thread so i can send you the money.
4. Thats it!

p.s.: Visit our main thread, just for fun and post a message: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmeow-kittehcoin-pool-luckyminerscom-block-rewardpplnsvardiff-387222)

Jump to: