Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]🚀🚀🚀Merit🚀🚀🚀[Proof-of-Growth][PoW][Vaults][Aliases][Escrow][No ICO] - page 31. (Read 33415 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 2
This is a pretty impressive project, from what I can tell.  Is that star-chart visualization of the network based on actual data, or is it some kind of estimate, vague approximation, or projection?

Hey guys -- no one answered my question Sad

That visualization is really impressive, but I would like to know where it came from and if it is backed by real data.

its real data based on merit blockchain.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
What is Pachira?  (Sorry if I'm missing something obvious.)

Edit: OH In Bluepaper!

It's not the easiest to explain but it's an algorithm used in Proof-of-Growth to fairly distribute rewards. Here is a link that goes into the details - careful - it's heavy:  http://ccr.sigcomm.org/online/files/fp231-douceur.pdf
Wow - that is pretty heavy.  So, PoG uses some research created by Microsoft to solve fair lottery distribution for growth mining.  Quite interesting.

Does the core team have ties to Microsoft's Blockchain team? 
copper member
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
This is a pretty impressive project, from what I can tell.  Is that star-chart visualization of the network based on actual data, or is it some kind of estimate, vague approximation, or projection?

That visualization is really impressive, but I would like to know where it came from and if it is backed by real data.

Hey! I was able to reply- check out page 3. Sorry it got lost in the invite spam. PM me if you want more details about the visual.
Oops -- my mistake.  You are right.  I didn't realize there was a dashboard that lets you visualize the network.  Is this an official Merit project?  I didn't see it in the ANN.
Activity: 20
Thank you!  

This is a very thorough answer to my question, and was what I was looking for.  This is actually a lot more interesting than I thought.  It seems like the invitation distribution has some intelligence to it.  And, if I understand it correctly, this is actually built into Merit Core?  In other words, this is actually part of the consensus mechanism.

Quite interesting.  

How does the system prevent people with the highest CGS from effectively getting all the invite tokens?
Yes it's built into blockchain, part of consensus.

People with higher CGS usually use most of the invite tokens, so it's fair to distribute it to them based on that key. Anyway, algorithm for generating invites are dynamic so there won't be situation when no invites will be left, if more invites are spent, more are distributed. It can be hard in short-time when many invites are used, but next days also many invites will be airdropped.
Activity: 70
Was doing some research on this project and found some big press:

https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/09/a-modcloth-cofounder-just-launched-an-invite-only-cryptocurrency/
https://www.geekwire.com/2018/modcloth-co-founder-aims-create-worlds-used-cryptocurrency-new-startup-merit/
https://www.ethnews.com/when-crypto-and-esports-collide

All of the above seems to be legit -- which is surprising. With such big press, why not put that in the ANN itself?

Probably 50%, or more, of project ANNs are scams or semi-scams.  If you have something real, you should show that.

Just some advice...

LOL - you project got Techcrunched!??  And did not include it in the ANN?   Huh

You're right- ill let the team know! - it's only the beginning of the credibility track record! But good point... so many scams out there. They should probably showcase those links.
Activity: 14
Merit: 1

When you say "An unlocked wallet has valid keys, but no one can send MRT to it, you cannot receive MRT to it, and you cannot receive invite tokens to it either.", do you mean a "LOCKED" wallet? 

If you cannot send to an unlocked wallet, then who can you send to?

When you download the wallet or create a wallet on the web, it generates a valid address, but that address is not 'beaconed' so you cannot receive Merit (MRT), and since the balance is 0, you cannot send any either.  You need to first receive an invite token (INV) and it will beacon and unlock the wallet, at which point you can receive funds and send as you wish.
Activity: 34
Good night,
What's hardcap and softcap please?
I read the super short whitepaper but I cannot find this info
I wanna join this idea as it suggested by admin of the biggest crypto forum Wink

Hey! I was able to reply- check out page 3. Sorry it got lost in the invite spam. PM me if you want more details about the visual.
This vault concept is very interesting.  I'm not sure I've ever seen an altcoin with something like that before (someone please feel free to correct me on this.)

Is there a deeper explanation of vaults anywhere?  The website is kind of vague about this -- it says multiple keys, and talks about whitelists and resetting.  But no more details than that. 

I think cold storage is one of the least friendly things about crypto...

You can find more in the whitepaper - it doesnt get into the technical side as much , but it unpacks "how" very well.

Do a "Ctrl + F" (find) and scroll though. Let me know if you have any other questions.

https://www.merit.me/uploads/2018/whitepaper.pdf
copper member
Activity: 7

Activity: 30
There is no ideal platform, everywhere there are dissatisfied users. I think that this idea will also have some difficulties. Although the prospects for this project are really good.
Activity: 182

https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/09/a-modcloth-cofounder-just-launched-an-invite-only-cryptocurrency/
https://www.geekwire.com/2018/modcloth-co-founder-aims-create-worlds-used-cryptocurrency-new-startup-merit/

All of the above seems to be legit -- which is surprising. With such big press, why not put that in the ANN itself?

Probably 50%, or more, of project ANNs are scams or semi-scams.  If you have something real, you should show that.

Just some advice...

LOL - you project got Techcrunched!??  And did not include it in the ANN?   Huh

Activity: 1016
Merit: 502
Seems like the strongest project I have seen in a couple months. 

But why not do an ICO?  Team seems pretty strong, and has a real background.  This project could have probably raised a large ICO.

Why just go to livenet directly?  What was the purpose of this strategy?  The altcoin space is quite competitive -- having a large amount of funds seems important to drive required hype.  (Tron is a good example this..)

Activity: 8
I have an invite for someone who needs a Merit Wallet, PM me your name that matches your wallet name etc and I'll active it as soon as I can.

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Cetra
Activity: 137

Just some advice...
Activity: 112
this project is indeed very interesting with all the advantages it offers and I am convinced that in the future there will be a lot of support for this project.
Activity: 29
Well, I think that the team needs to promote the idea on various platforms including social media platform as well as the forum
Activity: 854
Merit: 253
Interesting concept.  I have a LOT of questions.  I am going to start with the most pressing ones.

Where do the invite tokens actually come from? It seems like I need an invite token to actually activate my wallet.  Though it seems like the key generation was actually done before receiving the token -- at least I got my seed already.  Are these tokens coming from the Merit foundation?  If so, isn't that a tad centralized?

How long has this project been in development? The roadmap says that the first release was December 2017, but I see 30k commits on Github.  When did you actually BEGIN development?

To clarify responses of others. Invite distribution is decentralized and how algorithm decides who will get one is lottery. Invites are distributed:

- 1 of 10 blocks for PoG miners
- from the rest:
      - 50% awarded based on your CGS (community growth score).
      - 40% awarded to new addresses (Max 1 per address).
      - 10% awarded to random addresses.
- Minimum of 144 invites airdropped per day. Grows as needed.
- Number Airdropped based on overall growth, more growth means more invites generated.

About a development, as someone mentioned it's from fall of 2017 as far as I know, those 30k commits are not all from dev team, there's accounted also commits from project it was based on. They are super fast but not as much Smiley I guess it's around 2k commits since then.

Thank you! 

This is a very thorough answer to my question, and was what I was looking for.  This is actually a lot more interesting than I thought.  It seems like the invitation distribution has some intelligence to it.  And, if I understand it correctly, this is actually built into Merit Core?  In other words, this is actually part of the consensus mechanism.

Quite interesting. 

How does the system prevent people with the highest CGS from effectively getting all the invite tokens?
Activity: 854
Merit: 253
Interesting concept.  I have a LOT of questions.  I am going to start with the most pressing ones.

Where do the invite tokens actually come from? It seems like I need an invite token to actually activate my wallet.  Though it seems like the key generation was actually done before receiving the token -- at least I got my seed already.  Are these tokens coming from the Merit foundation?  If so, isn't that a tad centralized?

How long has this project been in development? The roadmap says that the first release was December 2017, but I see 30k commits on Github.  When did you actually BEGIN development?

Where do invite tokens come from?

Invite tokens are dynamically created with every block mined.  That is, they are created and distributed by the mining algorithm among all active wallets on the network whether that wallet is a miner or not.  The Merit Foundation does not control the creation or distribution of invites.

Yes, you can generate keys before the wallet gets unlocked, but you won't be able to transact until the wallet is unlocked by receiving an invite token.  An unlocked wallet has valid keys, but no one can send MRT to it, you cannot receive MRT to it, and you cannot receive invite tokens to it either.

When did development begin?

Fall of 2017.  They move quickly. 

When you say "An unlocked wallet has valid keys, but no one can send MRT to it, you cannot receive MRT to it, and you cannot receive invite tokens to it either.", do you mean a "LOCKED" wallet? 

If you cannot send to an unlocked wallet, then who can you send to?
Activity: 318
This vault concept is very interesting.  I'm not sure I've ever seen an altcoin with something like that before (someone please feel free to correct me on this.)

Is there a deeper explanation of vaults anywhere?  The website is kind of vague about this -- it says multiple keys, and talks about whitelists and resetting.  But no more details than that. 

I think cold storage is one of the least friendly things about crypto...
Pages:
Jump to: